• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I complain about this neighbor's home-based business (food) activity that has become a BIG NUISANCE?

Pundek

Hi bros. I have posted a similar thread before, enquiring whether cooking in their homes (home based business) is allowed by HDB

I stay in a rental 2 room flat. Right now this unit below me is ramping up their cooking business activity because Hari Raya is already near, and I assume they have alot of orders placed already.

Today Saturday I noticed they have been cooking from midnight yesterday till dawn, and then mid-morning till noon, and then afternoon till early evening, u get the pattern. To the point I can smell fried food entering my room, toilet n kitchen. My hall already got a faint fried food smell and the air quality is contaminated.

Yesterday night I can smell the fucker cooking Sambal Goreng in the room and the spicy fumes were seeping into my room to the point my sleep was disturbed. I think they used some kind of air purifier at night to mask the smell, but ultimately it doesn't 100% mask the activity as u can feel irritation on ur throat (fumes)

I also notice at night they primarily cook inside the room so as to avoid smell being traced in the toilet, kitchen and outside of unit because I believe the idea behind this is that the cooking smell could come from any of the other neighbors (which they want me to think so as to not know for sure it's them)

I know home-based business is legal, but is what this bugger doing not already considered EXCESSIVE and a NUISANCE? And as I am typing this I can smell a deep fried smell in my room

Bros can you advise me on what to do to MITIGATE this issue and problem??? It's really causing great suffering to me and my family because the air quality is always damn poor and we can't freely open our windows for ventilation, they are basically doing this 24/7