• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I travelled out at 4 plus and discovered what was causing the jam at the causeway. One lane was taken by trucks - the whole stretch of the causeway. The next lane was occupied by the blue buses - whole stretch of it. So the poor cars only had one lane to move along. Took almost 2 hours to clear.

They really ought to find a separate route for heavy vehicles...there was a morning where one of the lorries was in the second (bus) lane and was trying to move to the lorry lane. In doing so it blocked half of the bridge causing a major jam for everyone else. Grrrr.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here we go again.... 530pm..

IMG_20140530_172646.jpg

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever since the 4 Malaysian tried to "Chiong" at Custom
they have been extremely strict, off course they tried to screw those
who visit JB!! They punished motorists for their mistake made by them!!

Creating Jam is an Art!!

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpg

The sultan of johor should fcuk the spore govt for causing so much sufferings to his subjects.
At 1 am the traffic is still so bad.

brownie

Alfrescian
Loyal
i heard that is a signup booth for "Petition" to our ICA in bukit indah for the recent heavily jammed condition.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
After two hours, just reach spore customs.....

Take two hours 35 min to clear both causeway customs and back to Singapore. The jam is all the way from the bridge to JB custom. Singapore custom is bottleneck. Notice fewer counters in operation. Now at 2.03 am, i still see jam all the way from Sing to JB custom.

Now at 2.43 am, i still see jam all the way.

jam.jpg

Attachments

• jam2.jpg
    jam2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been writing letters about the jams to ICA for a DECADE. I think about 80-90 letters already and if I am lucky, I get a few replies in 4-5 months later. Last time I am more fair and I complain about weekend ( Saturday ) jam to JB only.. cos weekdays were a breeze during offpeak time of 9am-5pm.. Now 9am-5pm is like last time Saturday jam period

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scary. Looking at the traffic situation. Looks like it's almost everyday the same situation. Pretty crazy.
I hope that the malaysia side will take the initiative and trigger the KTM to start ferrying folks over the length of the Causeway. Hopefully it'll reduce the impact slightly.

I'm not hopeful that this'll improve much given current situation.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been writing letters about the jams to ICA for a DECADE. I think about 80-90 letters already and if I am lucky, I get a few replies in 4-5 months later. Last time I am more fair and I complain about weekend ( Saturday ) jam to JB only.. cos weekdays were a breeze during offpeak time of 9am-5pm.. Now 9am-5pm is like last time Saturday jam period

So what kind of replies did you receive? Were the replies patronising you?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
From SG to JB:
Reached Woodlands Customs on last Sat at 3 pm, and reached EDL at around 4 pm

From JB to SG:
Reached JB customs around 910 pm on Sunday and reached BKE around 11 pm. Main reason for the delay was that they did not open the Old Woodlands Checkpoint yestday nite for whatever reason.