• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan & Son lose the plot or jus tplain dishonest

DoctorEvil

Alfrescian
Loyal
More jialat. Patrick Tan claims to be a Charles Yanofsky award winner for best thesis. As far as I can tell, he appears to be the ONLY winner of this award. Maybe it is a one-time prize created specially for him... in his imagination. A search for this award on Stanford University's website turned up nothing.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=965&q="Charles+Yanofsky"+award+site%3Astanford.edu

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally dont think TT is going to be shaken over such issues including PT's 12 yr NS disruption unless there is great public out cry...thus far i fail to get such an impression...at the end of the day 60% still voted for pap in GE11 n this was a GE not PE which for all extent n purposes has v limited powers...so still looks like TT is in the front seat...but like they say a week is a long time in politics...so lets see how this all pans out...however still personally think TT shall win based on the 'incumbency' factor albeit an indirect one...btw i tot GIC losses hv since turned fm red to black??...

I think rather than wait for his reply, the good side should continue its flanking exercise, except this time around, we attack the front and back simultaneously.

TT has to reply to questions to the billions lost by GIC while he was a big honcho there. Secondly, his family relations with LHL and LKY should also be brought out to the masses.

When the enemy is shaken, you do not wait for him to recuperate or to counter. You hit him again with something unexpected so as to weaken him further and to confuse him.

TT does not look like a strong-willed individual and even if he is, his age would have taken the fight out of him. This is a man who had everything given to him on a golden plate. He has not had to fight for what he wanted and it has been said that the PE role was not something he wanted. Let's see how far he can be pushed until he succums and realizes that it's a waste of his enerygy to ccontinue with the PE race.

Singaporeans do not ahve to wait for GE2016 to face the PAP again. PE2011 is here and it is an easier cake to be had.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally dont think TT is going to be shaken over such issues including PT's 12 yr NS disruption unless there is great public out cry...thus far i fail to get such an impression...at the end of the day 60% still voted for pap in GE11 n this was a GE not PE which for all extent n purposes has v limited powers...so still looks like TT is in the front seat...but like they say a week is a long time in politics...so lets see how this all pans out...however still personally think TT shall win based on the 'incumbency' factor albeit an indirect one...btw i tot GIC losses hv since turned fm red to black??...

Have to agree with you. TT, MINDEF and everyone else will just ignore this issue as "it has been answered". They don't really care if their replies don't address the issues (since its impossible to answer those questions). Anyway, the MSM is not going to raise a ruckus over this issue and it will just die a natural death.

The people getting worked up over this issue are largely the "converted" i.e., those who are NEVER going to vote for TT in the first place. Perhaps a small vote segment of fence sitters may have switched camp, but to the silent majority, this issue have already been "white-washed" and "explained" and life will go on. Haizzzzzzzzzzzz.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
More jialat. Patrick Tan claims to be a Charles Yanofsky award winner for best thesis. As far as I can tell, he appears to be the ONLY winner of this award. Maybe it is a one-time prize created specially for him... in his imagination. A search for this award on Stanford University's website turned up nothing.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=965&q="Charles+Yanofsky"+award+site%3Astanford.edu

U make agood point. Charles Yanofsky from what I understand is still alive and a Biology professor emeritus at Stanford. This guy is a legend at stanford. He taught there for 47 years and trained generations of geneticist. He actually fought as an infantryman in the battle of the Bulge in WW2, I hardly think that he would award anything to an NS skivver like Patrick Tan. I could not find any information on this supposed award that Yanofsky give out. Its highly unusual for a professor still associated with the university he taught in to give out his own award. I say this because like u, this award is not given out by Stanford, as I can find no record of it and other past winners. If you ask me, he is faking and embellishing his CV.

SOmeone should also ask why DMERI set up a lab to research melidosis, which coincidentally was the topic of his thesis. I believe the taxpayer money was spend to set up a lab just for him to study some obscure disease and will his time away in comfort during his NS.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a LKY School of Economics and the old man's still alive, giving out awards regularly.

Anyway, put aside your hatred for PAP for a moment and use your logic. Why would anyone waste 12 years of his life wandering abroad and studying for things he doesn't want or need just to evade NS of 2.5 years? Might as well serve it and get on with proper fulfilling life.

Put aside your hatred for PAP for another moment and use your logic. Why would and how could the government set up an office and a position for a minister's son just because he wants to evade NS? They'd might as well give him an exemption with some MO certification. Even common folks can do that if they know the right doctor and have enough money to pay. I'm sure, don't you, that TT knows them all and has more than enough money.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They'd might as well give him an exemption with some MO certification. Even common folks can do that if they know the right doctor and have enough money to pay. I'm sure, don't you, that TT knows them all and has more than enough money.

Every Singaporean father's mother's son who had served NS would be most happy that if they'd did just that.

Last edited:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a LKY School of Economics and the old man's still alive, giving out awards regularly.

Anyway, put aside your hatred for PAP for a moment and use your logic. Why would anyone waste 12 years of his life wandering abroad and studying for things he doesn't want or need just to evade NS of 2.5 years? Might as well serve it and get on with proper fulfilling life.

Put aside your hatred for PAP for another moment and use your logic. Why would and how could the government set up an office and a position for a minister's son just because he wants to evade NS? They'd might as well give him an exemption with some MO certification. Even common folks can do that if they know the right doctor and have enough money to pay. I'm sure, don't you, that TT knows them all and has more than enough money.

fucking pappy RUNNING dog still trying to cover ur pappy master phoney tan ass...LOL...put aside our hatred for PAP?...LOL.....phoney tan has oredi proven dat he is a cheat and liar liao....wat hatred for PAP?...even if he is not from PAP, who wanto vote a phoney lying smiling tiger? :rolleyes::oIo:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok, i will put aside my hatred against PAP for the moment. I will use this moment to:oIo::oIo::oIo:!

Last edited:

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

5 Pages of results from Google on this keyword "Charles Yanofsky award", all generated from a single source i.e., Dr Patrick Tan statement on his NS and/or from his CV in various locations. How amazing!!!!!!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF, look at the way elite TT shake lesser mortal fishmonger smelly hand...

KNN, did u see how elite TT shake dis lesser mortal fishmonger hand or not?...KNN dare not firmly grasp his hand...just palm out to let 154th prostitues reporters take pic....wat kind of fucking handshake is dis?...KNN like Seet Ai Mee....scared of getting hands smelly then donch go to mkt to shake hand lah...stay at his bukit timah bungalow and drink tea with angmo FT and elites lah...KNNBPCB!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

TonyTan.gif

in case phoney tan's lapdogs forvendet and steffychun say i am just nitpicking...just compare how he shake hand with angmo with a firm grasp...total different from shaking a lesser mortal fishmonger hand..:mad: :oIo::

Award-500x333.jpg

Drop%20Shadow%20President%20Arnold%20DE%20MEYER%20with%20Dr%20Tony%20TAN.png

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My 2 brothers and their families left this shore and settled down in other countries so their kids avoided serving. When I was serving, my room-mate left after passing out Basic Training to study overseas. I believe his father pulled some strings. He never returned home since.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update:

The Govt has decided not to pursue this as they did the Mervyn Tan affair. It also appears that application to disrupt was not made to pursue medicine and therefore this was not the medical pathway where the chap has to come back and do MOCC. However as a non bonded President scholar this is not allowed. There is also no question that he took up scholarship and then gave it up plus the portion of the bond. The practice is to immediately cancel the disruption as happened in the past to others. There have been cases where bonded scholars gave up the scholarship and had to stop their tertiary education in Oxbridge and return to complete their NS.

Another story has now emerged. The posting was made tailor-made as PT was keen to pursue in the direction of the course and the appropriate lab and equipment was not in any MINDEF:biggrin:SO facilities. The name under DMERI was purely to reflect his NS liability status. This reminds me of the case where the Head of Civil Service whose son did not fare well in his A level, re- did it again, got OMS and now in Admin Service.

There is also some rumblings over the biowarfare comments.

Looks like TT will be President after all, the son who did 7 months of actual NS will be having regular meals at the Istana while the rest who did their full NS will have to hold their dick tight and live with it.

Last edited:

DoctorEvil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually you provided the answer earlier. The MD-PHD programme and the prerequisite is a basic degree. He did not get 2 disruption but one long one.

Let me try to understand you're saying.

PT was a President Scholar who was also on an OMS. Because he was on OMS, he was allowed to disrupt. He went to Harvard and sometime between 1988 and 1992, he paid off and broke his bond.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Before he broken his bond, did PSC give him permission to do the MD-PhD immediately after his BA?
2. Given that he was no longer a PSC scholar by 1992, why was he not recalled?
3. How did he justify his disruption after 1992?

This gets more puzzling and puzzling...

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed. As the skeletons start tumbling out of the closets, things start to become curiouser and curiouser.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are really a funny and weird bunch.

Why cry mother, cry father, and whine and cry like a little baby?

If you don't like the PAP and its methods or policies, you are free to vote PAP out of power.

The weirdest Singaporeans are those who whine, complain and cry about PAP, but when polling day comes, still go and vote PAP, decade after decade.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes true. but the last boat has already left and the next one is in 2016 (if it comes)...

Maybe those kpkb here are all the 39.9%...

Singaporeans are really a funny and weird bunch.

Why cry mother, cry father, and whine and cry like a little baby?

If you don't like the PAP and its methods or policies, you are free to vote PAP out of power.

The weirdest Singaporeans are those who whine, complain and cry about PAP, but when polling day comes, still go and vote PAP, decade after decade.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No he was not on OMS. But it appears that he was treated as an OMS for the disruption application. The application was for the BA, MD-phd. I was merely saying that for an OMS if they gave up their scholarship and paid the bond while in the midst of their studies, they were recalled back to serve out the rest of the NS. Their studies are put on hold. There have been a number of such cases.
Let me try to understand you're saying. PT was a President Scholar who was also on an OMS. Because he was on OMS, he was allowed to disrupt. He went to Harvard and sometime between 1988 and 1992, he paid off and broke his bond. I have a couple of questions:1. Before he broken his bond, did PSC give him permission to do the MD-PhD immediately after his BA? 2. Given that he was no longer a PSC scholar by 1992, why was he not recalled?3. How did he justify his disruption after 1992? This gets more puzzling and puzzling...

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
No he was not on OMS. But it appears that he was treated as an OMS for the disruption application. The application was for the BA, MD-phd. I was merely saying that for an OMS if they gave up their scholarship and paid the bond while in the midst of their studies, they were recalled back to serve out the rest of the NS. Their studies are put on hold. There have been a number of such cases.

Is it normal for SAF to give a 12 year disruption to pursue a medical qualification that is not recognised in Singapore?