• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today's Scripture Reading

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [December 18, 2011]
Second, we need to understand that the Bible makes it very clear that no human has ever seen God because human race is too frail to withstand even looking at God's glorious presence. Even Moses could not see the face of God directly and God revealed to him only in the burning bush (Exodus 3:4). Mortal man is made of flesh and bone and cannot even bear to be in the direct presence of God without causing his immediate death.

with this statement, then no priests, pastors or any believers need to justify god's existence. the onus is not on the atheist NOT to prove god's existence but on the believers.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike. by Delos McKown

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi you are correct. it is difficult to prove god's existence if we had to show a visible ' person ' of God.

But God has left enough evidence of himself for us to see in nature and in creation. For those who believe , it is there to see. For those who dont then they will look for other means to explain creation. So ultimately faith is still required, either in God or in science or whatever.
with this statement, then no priests, pastors or any believers need to justify god's existence. the onus is not on the atheist NOT to prove god's existence but on the believers.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry! Bet to differ! Invisibility does not mean non-existent. For example, no one can see electricity but it exists; no one can see oxygen but it exists; no one can see smell, but it exists; no one can see sound but it exists. Our experience in God's presence and our encounter with Him, for now, is not in physical form where people can see Him but believers will see Him one day when they are fully redeemed into His kingdom.

We know there is electricity not because we can see electricity but because we know without electiricity there will be light; we know there is oxygen not because we can see oxygen because science has proved that withouth is gas, life cannot exist (although I must say some organism can only survive with other gases like carbon dioxide which we cannot see too); we know there is smell though we cannot see it - this needs no further explanation; all you need is not to bath yourself for a month and you will know the kind of smell of your body! (Note: I may overestimate your hygiene. Perhaps for you, it may just take only one day for you to go without bathin to discover the aweful smell of yours. Perhaps you just want to experiment it but for courtesy sake, you should experiment it with you family members and not with your friends. I can be 100% sure - whatever smell radiate from your body, you cannot see it but you know it's there!)

We cannot see God not because God does not exist. He exists in the form of Holy Spirit to guide us and unless we obey His guidance, His instructions, His commandments, we will be doomed and we are heading towards this now because we all have refused His guidance, His instructions, His commandments. Like electicity, if you refused to obey the law of physics and touch a 'live' wire, you will be electrocuted; like the law of chemistry, if you refused to obey the basic law of chemistry and cut yourself out from oxygen you are going to die. To survive, phyiscally and spiritually, we must obey the laws - in the case of physical survival, the laws of physics, the laws of chemistry, the laws of biochemistry and all other natural laws of science, and in the case of spiritual survive, the laws from the Holy Scriptures that we can find them in the Bible. The inspired-Word of God, the Bible proves His existence. Like the inspired-writing of Albert Einstein's famous E=MC(Squared) proved the existence of nuclear energy; whether nuclear bombs have been invented or not is not important to prove the existence of nuclear energy exists in all atoms. Just the inspired-writting of Albert Einstein is enough to prove the existence of energy exists in all atoms.

God Bless
Psalm23

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry! Bet to differ! Invisibility does not mean non-existent. For example, no one can see electricity but it exists; no one can see oxygen but it exists; no one can see smell, but it exists; no one can see sound but it exists. Our experience in God's presence and our encounter with Him, for now, is not in physical form where people can see Him but believers will see Him one day when they are fully redeemed into His kingdom.

We know there is electricity not because we can see electricity but because we know without electiricity there will be light; we know there is oxygen not because we can see oxygen because science has proved that withouth is gas, life cannot exist (although I must say some organism can only survive with other gases like carbon dioxide which we cannot see too); we know there is smell though we cannot see it - this needs no further explanation; all you need is not to bath yourself for a month and you will know the kind of smell of your body! (Note: I may overestimate your hygiene. Perhaps for you, it may just take only one day for you to go without bathin to discover the aweful smell of yours. Perhaps you just want to experiment it but for courtesy sake, you should experiment it with you family members and not with your friends. I can be 100% sure - whatever smell radiate from your body, you cannot see it but you know it's there!)

We cannot see God not because God does not exist. He exists in the form of Holy Spirit to guide us and unless we obey His guidance, His instructions, His commandments, we will be doomed and we are heading towards this now because we all have refused His guidance, His instructions, His commandments. Like electicity, if you refused to obey the law of physics and touch a 'live' wire, you will be electrocuted; like the law of chemistry, if you refused to obey the basic law of chemistry and cut yourself out from oxygen you are going to die. To survive, phyiscally and spiritually, we must obey the laws - in the case of physical survival, the laws of physics, the laws of chemistry, the laws of biochemistry and all other natural laws of science, and in the case of spiritual survive, the laws from the Holy Scriptures that we can find them in the Bible. The inspired-Word of God, the Bible proves His existence. Like the inspired-writing of Albert Einstein's famous E=MC(Squared) proved the existence of nuclear energy; whether nuclear bombs have been invented or not is not important to prove the existence of nuclear energy exists in all atoms. Just the inspired-writting of Albert Einstein is enough to prove the existence of energy exists in all atoms.

God Bless
Psalm23

are you stupid or what ? we know that electricity is real because we can prove it by using a generator , we know oxgen is real because we can test oxygen , we know smell is real we can test smell as well ...ect . you are comparing apples with oranges . can you test your invisible god ? so you cannot see pink elephant hide inside a mini copper means its real ? unsound mind person can speak or talk to god means the invisible man is real ? take a walk in mental hospital and you know what i mean . if you are stupid you can even convince yourself that a flying underwear is real ...theres no cure for stupidlity .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;p9izVu_TtAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9izVu_TtAE&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;zDHJ4ztnldQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;TwQyEL9lzSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwQyEL9lzSw&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;yrs8F33o9IU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrs8F33o9IU&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;4VlL7BL7xCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlL7BL7xCE&feature=related[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi you are correct. it is difficult to prove god's existence if we had to show a visible ' person ' of God.

But God has left enough evidence of himself for us to see in nature and in creation. For those who believe , it is there to see. For those who dont then they will look for other means to explain creation. So ultimately faith is still required, either in God or in science or whatever.

you mean blind faith ?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Seeing God is different from proving His existence.
2. Atheism is also a belief, and if an atheist wants to assert his belief against another prominent belief, then it has to prove it as well. If someone wants to prove traffic lights are not necessary, he cannot say it is up to those who agree with traffic lights to prove that traffic lights work. In other words, proof and onus falls on BOTH sides.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putting up funny videos can be done it the name of fun in a forum like this, but won't help anyone.

People like the late Christopher Hitchens tried to put up some credible defense, to his credit.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Putting up funny videos can be done it the name of fun in a forum like this, but won't help anyone.

People like the late Christopher Hitchens tried to put up some credible defense, to his credit.

nothing is more funny then believing in the invisibleman :wink:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean blind faith ?

If God appeared, would people believe? Remember that in Jesus time nobody believed Him.

And if God appeared as a ball of coloured gas in Singapore, Singaporeans will call NEA to complain. If God started talking to them, people will visit nearby temples or mediums.

So let us not kid ourselves - not believing Him has nothing to with sighting Him.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing is more funny then believing in the invisibleman :wink:

It is stated in Genesis that the God in main monotheistic religions is a creator of all things and in Romans 1:20, Paul wrote that the best evidence of God was looking around us - His creations. In a way, someone in an earlier post is right that electricity can be proven not in the manner of proving God, but no one can prove that electricity can arrive from millions of years of evolution or that something can come out of nothing. In fact, you don't even need to proof something illogical.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is stated in Genesis that the God in main monotheistic religions is a creator of all things and in Romans 1:20, Paul wrote that the best evidence of God was looking around us - His creations. In a way, someone in an earlier post is right that electricity can be proven not in the manner of proving God, but no one can prove that electricity can arrive from millions of years of evolution or that something can come out of nothing. In fact, you don't even need to proof something illogical.

" you don't even need to proof something illogical " . i like that statement :wink:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you mean blind faith ?

drifter, in my reply to you please take it that i speak form my own personal experience. I do not speak for others nor do i try to push what i am saying to you or anyone else.
To me faith is believing that God exists and also believing in his promises. Firstly i was touched somewhere along the way as an adult.
When this happened i did not lose my ability to reason or think. I did struggle for some time because i found it strange the feeling.
Then i consciously decided to take the religion seriously and i have never regretted.
Yes initially it was hard . Where is God? I cant touch, feel or see Him. At that point there was no relationship so what was there except reading the Bible and listening to speakers and friends sharing. Then as i went along the faith increased and i felt the relationship become more and more real.

You said ' blind faith ' Yes to a certain extent you have to put in the trust and confidence but like i said , it is hard at first, but it grows.
Many things in my life that i have prayed for have been granted like healing of health and relationships and some other things, yet equally many prayers are not answered,or at least not for the moment. So yes one has just got to believe. Dont get me wrong, sometimes my faith also weakens because of circumstances or even moods i am human too and have weaknesses but i cling on and like i said, i have never regretted.
As the relationship and the faith grows i do tend to see God in many things and instances. People may not believe me or may even laugh at me but its ok, to me it is real and i am satisfied.
It has changed my life for the better. Many people including my family have seen this change and are happy for me. I am happy too.