• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tmr I shall quit smoking!

D

Dian Wei

This time is for real! I am calling it quits...i have enough of the tobacco crap!:rolleyes: Starting from 18 August 2010. I am training for marathon in october.

If you are a failure in life, don't boast about it here. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was once I resort to rolling drum and also smoking pipe.

NOW, my whole idea is to get rid of this tobacco thingy once and for all! I have nicorette gums to help me resist the cravings,hope it works! The last time, I quitted completely for a month. Really hope that this time it will work...:smile:

jiayou,Krafty!!!:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was once I resort to rolling drum and also smoking pipe.

NOW, my whole idea is to get rid of this tobacco thingy once and for all! I have nicorette gums to help me resist the cravings,hope it works! The last time, I quitted completely for a month. Really hope that this time it will work...:smile:

jiayou,Krafty!!!:wink:

Kayu, Krafty!

What's so difficult? I simply stopped buying cigarettes and that's auto-quit smoking.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who smoke are dependant sissys.

They have inferiority complexes and need something to feel good about themselves. I know coz I smoked 17 yrs before quitting 5 years back, cold turkey.

I think once you've reached the stage of mature, independant thinking, you will quit without effort. It's not hard. Just take it one day at a time.

I can guarantee you something, you will not regret quitting.

Be a real man.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have said it and i totally agree with you! Besides, sometimes, when I see pple younger than me who smoke, I feel like telling them off. But when I think that I myself also smoke, lan lan better keep quiet. I do tell my passengers dun smoke and regret, ciggies are not cheap nowadays. I also realise tht as I age, especially when I am running, it took me 3 to 4 days of running everyday to be able to complete a 2.4, I tend to get breathless easily. Last time in army, 10km, was the furthest I have tried and no problem. I am aiming for the marathon in Oct, hopefully, constant running everyday will help.:o

People who smoke are dependant sissys.

They have inferiority complexes and need something to feel good about themselves. I know coz I smoked 17 yrs before quitting 5 years back, cold turkey.

I think once you've reached the stage of mature, independant thinking, you will quit without effort. It's not hard. Just take it one day at a time.

I can guarantee you something, you will not regret quitting.

Be a real man.

Weekim

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro krafty, I had just quit smoking last year too, after the birth of my son... Before last year, I had tried to quit a couple of times but all failed... the only way to quit is REALLY just hang in there... LUN TO THE MAX AND CONTINUE TO LUN!!!... live 1 day at a time and you will feel better and better... by 3rd month u should have minimal cravings alr. I used alot of fisherman friend to help me counter the urge to smoke and will suggest u stock up some too..

I smoked 1-2packs a day for 13years before quitting, If I can do it... so can you.
Good luck and all the best in your journey to quit!

devilblue

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro krafty, I had just quit smoking last year too, after the birth of my son... Before last year, I had tried to quit a couple of times but all failed... the only way to quit is REALLY just hang in there... LUN TO THE MAX AND CONTINUE TO LUN!!!... live 1 day at a time and you will feel better and better... by 3rd month u should have minimal cravings alr. I used alot of fisherman friend to help me counter the urge to smoke and will suggest u stock up some too..

I smoked 1-2packs a day for 13years before quitting, If I can do it... so can you.
Good luck and all the best in your journey to quit!

I smoked 22 years 15-25 sticks a day. I successfully quit with no cold turkey, no drugs, no withdrawal effects etc painlessly with no effort required using e-cigarette 1 year plus ago. I fully converted to e-cigarette from tobacco-cigarette with 1 week of e-cigarette usage.
I spend initially US$500 to acquire sufficient 6 months supply of e-cigarette but within 6 months, I also gradually quit e-cigarette. After 9 months of starting with the e-cigarette therapy, I fully dis-engaged myself from nicotine dependency & smoking hand-to-mouth actions. Now I am liked 18 years again, the year before I hooked on tobacco-cigarette.
Yet HSA (Health Science Authority) of Singapore said e-cigarette is BAD for health! Few months ago, I sold my remaining e-cigarette supply to another bro for roughly US$200, so in-fact within 1 year of e-cigarette consumption, I only spent US$300 & ZERO S$0.00 on tax-laden tobacco-cigarette. Now I know why HSA banned e-cigarette! Because now I DO NOT SMOKED anymore!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had my last cigarette at about 1am in the morning as I was walking back one barmy night to my hostel room. It was also the last stick in my last pack of Marlboros. It was heavenly and I can still remember and relish the wonderful smell, the great taste and the high. I was coming to the end of my tertiary education and my last paper was due that morning. It was an end to 2 pack a day habit and I never regretted it one bit. I partied hard as I studied hard. The Chicks, the booze, the hops, the gigs and what a ball of a time.

It was time for a new beginning and I was ready for it. It no longer made sense to smoke. It was time to see the World and make the World your oyster. After 2 citizenships and 3 PRs, the world became my oyster.

If you want to move ahead in this world, you got to leave somethings behind. If you can't stop smoking, you will forever be in a never ending cycle of excuses.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with what you are saying. I'm in my second month of e-ciggy therapy now. I'm starting to move away from high nics e-juice to low e-nics now. High nics are starting to make me cough and low nics are jsut heavenly at this stage. The surprising thing is even on no-nics I don't feel the withdrawal. I think in maybe 3-4 months time I'll be ready to give up e-cigs as well. Its a very good device to stop smoking, and the government, big tobacco do have a lot of fear from this device.

I smoked 22 years 15-25 sticks a day. I successfully quit with no cold turkey, no drugs, no withdrawal effects etc painlessly with no effort required using e-cigarette 1 year plus ago. I fully converted to e-cigarette from tobacco-cigarette with 1 week of e-cigarette usage.
I spend initially US$500 to acquire sufficient 6 months supply of e-cigarette but within 6 months, I also gradually quit e-cigarette. After 9 months of starting with the e-cigarette therapy, I fully dis-engaged myself from nicotine dependency & smoking hand-to-mouth actions. Now I am liked 18 years again, the year before I hooked on tobacco-cigarette.
Yet HSA (Health Science Authority) of Singapore said e-cigarette is BAD for health! Few months ago, I sold my remaining e-cigarette supply to another bro for roughly US$200, so in-fact within 1 year of e-cigarette consumption, I only spent US$300 & ZERO S$0.00 on tax-laden tobacco-cigarette. Now I know why HSA banned e-cigarette! Because now I DO NOT SMOKED anymore!