• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL: "Many supporters abandoned me"

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
21263497%20-%2028_08_2011%20-%20HTPRES28.jpg

Mr Tan Kin Lian says Yahoo poll may have affected his chances in election.

He had high hopes of winning, or at the very least, getting second place in the Presidential Election.

But Mr Tan Kin Lian, 63, ended up with less than 5 per cent of votes.

In a Facebook note posted yesterday, Mr Tan called the results “shocking” and wondered if voters were swayed by the perception that he was the “weakest link”.

Read the full report in Monday's edition (Aug 29) of The New Paper.

21275034.1%20%2821275271%29%20-%2028_08_2011%20-%20jlpres29.jpg

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His con job campaign did him in. Some of my friends who were not even into politics were telling me that guy gives them the con man vibe.

sue anne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is just so dumb and stoopid to believe such POLLS .....

He had high hopes of winning, or at the very least, getting second place in the Presidential Election.

In a Facebook note posted yesterday, Mr Tan called the results “shocking” and wondered if voters were swayed by the perception that he was the “weakest link”.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
His con job campaign did him in. Some of my friends who were not even into politics were telling me that guy gives them the con man vibe.

his 2 biggest fans (ramseth n gms) painted him a rosy picture before the PE. they conned him big time. maybe they should do the right thing now by paying tkl part of his deposit back.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do respect TKL, but he should stop whining about his defeat. I will still vote for him in the next PE if he's participating. Take a long break and start rebuilding your profile by helping fellow citizens.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do respect TKL, but he should stop whining about his defeat. I will still vote for him in the next PE if he's participating. Take a long break and start rebuilding your profile by helping fellow citizens.

TKL is a whiner and complainer and blamer just like most typical upper class Sinkie plus he actually only mixes with his snobbish frds.

He could not even see what sort of image he himself is putting out.

It is high time that he gets a very good qiality MIRROR.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He had given the impression that he had been eyeing the Presidential seat for a long time. It was rumoured since the day he was at Speaker's corner helping those people to get back their money.

This only leave a bad after taste as his help was not sincerely and there was a selfish motive behind it.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He had given the impression that he had been eyeing the Presidential seat for a long time. It was rumoured since the day he was at Speaker's corner helping those people to get back their money.

This only leave a bad after taste as his help was not sincerely and there was a selfish motive behind it.
Not sure if there're any motives, but his effort in helping fellow singaporeans to get back their money should be appreciated.

Z

Zombie

Instead of 5 stupid qualities, TKL only needs one.... Self-Awareness aka Know-Thyself

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

hope that tan kin lian for once could admit the fault lies with himself and STOP pushing blames for his own failures. we definitely cannot have this type of credit-grabber/discredit-pusher as president. no way!

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if he is already planning to run for Presidency and hence upping his profile by helping the investors during the min-bond saga. However, to trust the online polling result is daft. He did not do well in all the live debates, portraying himself as one who will offer the least when elected. He said he will forum a committee to help him to find out the concerns of Singaporeans. OMG, this is self exposing his inadequacy.

Honestly, I cannot picture him meeting other world leaders without them thinking at the back of their heads - is this man the best Singapore can offer?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if he is already planning to run for Presidency and hence upping his profile by helping the investors during the min-bond saga. However, to trust the online polling result is daft. He did not do well in all the live debates, portraying himself as one who will offer the least when elected. He said he will forum a committee to help him to find out the concerns of Singaporeans. OMG, this is self exposing his inadequacy.

Honestly, I cannot picture him meeting other world leaders without them thinking at the back of their heads - is this man the best Singapore can offer?

a newspaper report tht his stint in NTUC is now under scrutiny. would NTUC now feel safer to reveal the actual happening and disagreement when tkl was their troublemaking ceo? how did he reach that post by way? by merit or by leeching to some powerful somebody who gave him a push?

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL's "positivity" is merely a trick played by his own mind as his cover for self-delusion. His actions contradict his so-called five values and show that he is both duplicitous and hypocritical. Put simply, his ego allows him to hear only "nice things". His critics are too kind to him and should ignore him so that TKL can enjoy his own self-deception alone.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
this man obviously wasn't in touch with the ground. or he was just dreaming big.

we have seen president go around shaking hands... but high 5s?! :confused:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's still reeling from the loss of his $48,000... His heart is still in pain..

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My brother and my friend said TKL does not have the presidential stature & look. His speech probably pulled him down. I hope he can prevent saying the word "Zer, the, cher...." in between every word he speak. Anyway, there are many ways of uniting Singaporeans other than being a ceremonial role. I hope TJS, TCB and TKL can jointly formed a "new power" since they have 65% mandate combined. Such huge endorsement cannot be overlooked by TT & the PAP stooges. Who knows, some dissents from the PAP camp might want to join in the "new power" and path way for 2016 election.