• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tired of living? Buy a Tesla! (Part 2)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just before the Tesla crashed the driver bailed out leaving the 2 passengers to their deaths.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment there us a fully autonomous vehicle that works, you only need a smart phone to use it and pay according to usage. Like a taxi. But more numorous due to competing services. This works in urban environment,

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's about "transaction costs". In an article I posted above.

It's an under-engineered vehicle. From the suspension, to the bodywork to the cost-cutting "spaceship" interior. The only impressive things (motors, battery) are generic outsourced items. Almost the opposite of a Toyota.

this is an interesting point you bring up. I see Tesla as a hybrid between Apple and Foxconn. Actually Tesla makes their motors and battery packs in-house. And they now have giant metal presses stamping out the chassis (an industry first.) They even make their own seats (reviews claim it's one of the most comfortable on the market.)

EVs are much more software dependent than traditional ICE cars. as VW learnt the hard way from the software glitches that plagued the id.3 and Id.4 with the car mysteriously shutting down amongst some of the major problems.

Just as smart phones are rubbish without an OS, the same holds true for EVs and the traditional manufacturers are terrible at software. OTA updates are like magic fairy dust now.

Toyota and the rest outsource much of their production too. Remember the Takata airbag fiasco? I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually outsourced their EV OS to the likes of Apple or Andriod.

In fact the traditional Japanese automakers have a huge supply chain headache in shifting to EV production which uses substantially less components to build. Some say it could lead to a national crisis.

Have you ever played with those 1/12 scale or larger R/C cars? it's essentially the basis of an EV car. Brushless motor, Speed controller and battery pack.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Therein lies my fascination with Tesla and Elon Musk.

I am awe-inspired by his ability to get people to abandon their senses and to do all sorts of weird things like giving him tons of money for betaware that's driving hardware that falls apart and stuff that goes boom like his "successful" rocket launches.
I have the same bemusement of Apple fanboys so enchanted by Steve Jobs and Apple that they're willing to dump money for underperforming and overpriced products.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the same bemusement of Apple fanboys so enchanted by Steve Jobs and Apple that they're willing to dump money for underperforming and overpriced products.
yar!! that's exactly it!! someone pointed out to me that the Apple fanbois jumped on the Tesla bandwagon.

Why the fascination with Apple is also perplexing me. It's overpriced to hell and back!! and people are still spending stupid money every year to upgrade!! :rolleyes:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is an interesting point you bring up. I see Tesla as a hybrid between Apple and Foxconn. Actually Tesla makes their motors and battery packs in-house. And they now have giant metal presses stamping out the chassis (an industry first.) They even make their own seats (reviews claim it's one of the most comfortable on the market.)

EVs are much more software dependent than traditional ICE cars. as VW learnt the hard way from the software glitches that plagued the id.3 and Id.4 with the car mysteriously shutting down amongst some of the major problems.

Just as smart phones are rubbish without an OS, the same holds true for EVs and the traditional manufacturers are terrible at software. OTA updates are like magic fairy dust now.

Toyota and the rest outsource much of their production too. Remember the Takata airbag fiasco? I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually outsourced their EV OS to the likes of Apple or Andriod.

In fact the traditional Japanese automakers have a huge supply chain headache in shifting to EV production which uses substantially less components to build. Some say it could lead to a national crisis.

Have you ever played with those 1/12 scale or larger R/C cars? it's essentially the basis of an EV car. Brushless motor, Speed controller and battery pack.
Will reserve my reply... :smile:

All I'm willing to say now is that I cannot agree with the Apple Foxconn hybrid model. The only thing I see is the fanbase being like the Apple fanbase.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yar!! that's exactly it!! someone pointed out to me that the Apple fanbois jumped on the Tesla bandwagon.

Why the fascination with Apple is also perplexing me. It's overpriced to hell and back!! and people are still spending stupid money every year to upgrade!! :rolleyes:
Some people just need an idol to worship that can elevate their lifestyle above that of mere mortals.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Therein lies my fascination with Tesla and Elon Musk.

I am awe-inspired by his ability to get people to abandon their senses and to do all sorts of weird things like giving him tons of money for betaware that's driving hardware that falls apart and stuff that goes boom like his "successful" rocket launches.
If you look at it another way, the Tesla car is basically an iPhone on wheels. You are at the whims and fancies of these companies.
Apple fanboys and Tesla fanboys both feel the need to be dictated by others and cannot be reasoned with when being confronted with valid arguments. That's why many tiongs and Biden cocksuckers love these gadgets.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at it another way, the Tesla car is basically an iPhone on wheels. You are at the whims and fancies of these companies.
Apple fanboys and Tesla fanboys both feel the need to be dictated by others and cannot be reasoned with when being confronted with valid arguments. That's why many tiongs and Biden cocksuckers love these gadgets.

in terms of the brand positioning, you're absolutely right. and we've all seen the success of Apple so it's a huge achievement for Tesla to attain similar cult status.

but if you dig into the story of Apple's success, one reason is basically because their shit works. Microsoft and everything Windows related crashes all the time. Back then, and now still. My brand new windows laptop suffered it's first crash a week into ownership. what's new.

as I mentioned earlier, EVs are as much about software as it is hardware. anyone can slap together a couple of battery packs, inverters and motors onto a chassis. but to integrate it all with the OS and autonomous driving tech is a whole different ball game.

this is where I think Tesla has a genuine advantage over the traditional manufacturers. If you were a top software engineer, where would you rather work? Toyota or Tesla?

At least the Europeans have gotten into the EV game in a big way. The Japanese are seriously screwed if they still think hydrogen fuel cell cars are going to be adopted by consumers.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in terms of the brand positioning, you're absolutely right. and we've all seen the success of Apple so it's a huge achievement for Tesla to attain similar cult status.

but if you dig into the story of Apple's success, one reason is basically because their shit works. Microsoft and everything Windows related crashes all the time. Back then, and now still. My brand new windows laptop suffered it's first crash a week into ownership. what's new.

as I mentioned earlier, EVs are as much about software as it is hardware. anyone can slap together a couple of battery packs, inverters and motors onto a chassis. but to integrate it all with the OS and autonomous driving tech is a whole different ball game.

this is where I think Tesla has a genuine advantage over the traditional manufacturers. If you were a top software engineer, where would you rather work? Toyota or Tesla?

At least the Europeans have gotten into the EV game in a big way. The Japanese are seriously screwed if they still think hydrogen fuel cell cars are going to be adopted by consumers.
I admit the earlier Mac OS were better, like Lion. The latest ones are bloated and buggy as fuck. You should go check out Apple forums and see for yourself. Apple is on a rampage deleting posts that make them look bad. Does that sound familiar ?
Apple is like a mini-CCPee. Even if Apple make good products, I'll still boycott and badmouth them.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admit the earlier Mac OS were better, like Lion. The latest ones are bloated and buggy as fuck. You should go check out Apple forums and see for yourself. Apple is on a rampage deleting posts that make them look bad. Does that sound familiar ?
Apple is like a mini-CCPee. Even if Apple make good products, I'll still boycott and badmouth them.

wah don't know it's so bad with Apple now. I've always been a windows user since 3.1 with some brief encounters with the Mac along the way.