• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tired of living? Buy a Tesla! (Part 2)

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe in the power of betaware that some OTA upgrade will fix.... :roflmao:

$10,000 option for "full-self driving Autopilot". Company of false promises. :poop:

Two Dead in Fiery Tesla Model S Crash; No One Was Driving, Authorities Say
The fire took thousands of gallons of water to put out.
tesla model s crash
tesla model s crash

Mike Floyd
Apr 18, 2021
Two men are dead after a Tesla Model S ran off the road and struck a tree in Texas—an incident that is garnering national attention because authorities believe neither man was behind the wheel of the Model S at the time of the crash. After impact, the vehicle was engulfed in flames and took more than 30,000 gallons of water to put out.

The incident occurred late yesterday in Spring, Texas, a suburb of Houston. According to Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman, who spoke with Houston television station KPRC 2, the police investigation is still ongoing, but so far has shown that neither man was behind the wheel, with one of the men in the passenger seat and the other behind him in the rear passenger seat of the Model S at the time of the crash. The identities of the men have not yet been released.

Tesla vehicles are equipped with Tesla's Autopilot capabilities, and authorities are still investigating the exact circumstances of the crash. The car was reportedly traveling at a high rate of speed when it lost control on a curve, struck a tree, and immediately burst into flames.

Firefighters reportedly battled to put out the burning car for hours as the vehicle's batteries continued to ignite, an issue that can occur with all-electric vehicles when the battery pack catches fire and spreads to the pack's separate cells that may still store energy. At one point Herman told KPRC 2 that deputies had called Tesla for guidance on how to put out the fire. Tesla has said in the past that in the event of a persistent fire to let it burn out. Very little was left of what was reportedly a 2019 Model S once the fire was out.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/two-dead-fiery-tesla-model-s-crash-no-one-driving-authorities-say/

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe there many factors it is sttill not safe to have auto driving cars on the road unless 100% cars on the road are auto driving cars.
even the auto cars drive safetly but other drivers can be reckless on the road speeding it also can cause accident.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't need to buy a Tesla. If you're going to abandon the driver's seat at speed any car will kill you.
yes that's correct. but only Teslas are equipped with "full-self driving capability" via "autopilot" so you don't have to drive.

Do you have any other explanation for why they did abandon the driver's seat?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe there many factors it is sttill not safe to have auto driving cars on the road unless 100% cars on the road are auto driving cars.
even the auto cars drive safetly but other drivers can be reckless on the road speeding it also can cause accident.
that is actually the single greatest challenge facing autonomous cars. In fact, I would argue that autonomous cars are impossible outside of closed or strongly regulated environments. What happens if a kid decides to run across the road at the last minute from behind a bus?

A human should recognize a bus unloading passengers and should slow down to accommodate that. But what does an autonomous car see? can you program the autonomous car to recognize a bus unloading versus a bus totally out of operation? What about near a park?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those two idiots actually entrusted their own lives to unproven technology and made the ultimate sacrifice doing so.
Darwin's law. Oh well, it Tesla buyers want to kill themselves all the more power to them. Luckily for the rest of us, they only seem to hit trees and white trucks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yes that's correct. but only Teslas are equipped with "full-self driving capability" via "autopilot" so you don't have to drive.

Do you have any other explanation for why they did abandon the driver's seat?

It is clearly stated that drivers need to stay attentive and alert and ready to take over at any time.

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment. While these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently enabled features do not make the vehicle autonomous.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is clearly stated that drivers need to stay attentive and alert and ready to take over at any time.

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment. While these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently enabled features do not make the vehicle autonomous.
yeah. that's exactly right.

So as I mentioned in the previous post before please explain why Tesla owners seem to have this urge to abandon the driver's seat. I've highlighted it so that you can answer the question presented. I can repeat a 3rd time if you still don't see my point.

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see them as willing guinea pigs for beta-testing the auto-driving software.
Therein lies my fascination with Tesla and Elon Musk.

I am awe-inspired by his ability to get people to abandon their senses and to do all sorts of weird things like giving him tons of money for betaware that's driving hardware that falls apart and stuff that goes boom like his "successful" rocket launches.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yeah. that's exactly right.

So as I mentioned in the previous post before please explain why Tesla owners seem to have this urge to abandon the driver's seat. I've highlighted it so that you can answer the question presented. I can repeat a 3rd time if you still don't see my point.

I understand your point fully. My guess is that the auto pilot is so good that after sitting in the driver's seat fully alert for a few weeks they gain so much faith in the system that they feel it's safe enough to take a nap or have a blow job in the back seat.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand your point fully. My guess is that the auto pilot is so good that after sitting in the driver's seat fully alert for a few weeks they gain so much faith in the system that they feel it's safe enough to take a nap or have a blow job in the back seat.
It's about "transaction costs". In an article I posted above.

It's an under-engineered vehicle. From the suspension, to the bodywork to the cost-cutting "spaceship" interior. The only impressive things (motors, battery) are generic outsourced items. Almost the opposite of a Toyota.