• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Three friends slain in attack by armed youths

R

Red 4

Sunday January 23, 2011

Three friends slain in attack by armed youths

By MARTIN CARVALHO
[email protected]

MASJID TANAH: What should have been Chinese New Year preparations for families of three friends in Taman Mengkuang here have now turned into funeral arrangements after they were brutally murdered in a fight.

The friends – Chong Sai Keong, 17, Tai Shi Yong, 18 and Lan Yu Xuan, 20, – were stabbed by a group of armed youths on motorcycles at about 10.30pm on Friday, some 1.5km from their homes.

boys.jpg

It is believed that the three, who were also on motorcycles, had been provoked by the group who led them to an ambush along Jalan Kampung Solok in Pengkalan Balak.

They were killed shortly after residents in the tight-knit community had finished lighting up their town centre with lanterns for the coming festival. A heartbroken Chong Kim Siak, 52, said he had earlier received a call that his son was involved in an accident.

“I was about to leave home when I received another call to say that he was killed in a fight. “I didn’t go to the scene as I couldn’t bear to look at my son’s lifeless, bloodied body,” he said. Sai Keong, who dropped out of school at Form Three, had been accepted into a wiring and air-conditioning course at a nearby community college, he added.

Tai Keng Yong, 55, said he rushed to the scene after receiving a call that his son was in an accident “It was then that I learnt my son was attacked by a group of youths. I rushed him to the Trendak Army Camp Hospital but it was too late,” he said tearfully. Shi Yong dealt with mobile phone accessories in nearby Pengkalan Balak, he said.

n_pg06seman.jpg

Offering condolences: Abu Seman Yusof (left) comforting Keng Yong whose 18- year-old son Shi Yong was murdered along with two friends near their homes in Taman Mengkuang in Paya Mengkuang on Friday night.

Lan Song Hing, 49, who lost his only son Yu Xuan, said his son had earlier gone to play badminton and football with several friends. “I never expected this to happen to him,” he said, adding that his son worked in a car workshop in Malim.

State Chief Police Officer SAC Datuk Chuah Ghee Lye said a 16-year-old youth was detained on Saturday and remanded for a week. “We are investigating the motive of the attack,” he said.

Masjid Tanah MP Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusof, who visited the grieving families yesterday, said the incident was not gang-related. Abu Seman, who is also Deputy Home Minister, said the culprits were believed to be outsiders.

Balrog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday January 24, 2011

Businessman wants those responsible for his son’s death to pay

By MARTIN CARVALHO
[email protected]

MALACCA: “I want justice for my son.” That is the lament of Tai Keng Yong whose son Tai Shi Yong was among three friends who were brutally murdered in a fight.

“My son was innocent and his death was in vain as he had nothing to do with the fight. I want my son back. I want those responsible for his death to pay,” said the sobbing 55-year-old outside the Malacca Hospital mortuary yesterday afternoon.

The businessman said his son, Shi Yong, 18, was the youngest and most filial among three of his sons. “From what I have come to know is that his two other friends have had an ongoing tiff with another group of youths from outside Paya Mengkuang since last year and he had nothing to do with it,” he added.

The emotionally distraught Keng Yong also had a sheet of paper with 10 Chinese proverbs written on it, which he said would be made into large banner to be placed in front of his son’s cortege.

He added that the families of the two victims Chong Sai Keong, 17 and Lan Ee Shan, 20 have agreed that a joint funeral ceremony be held at the Memorial Park in Jelutong tomorrow. “They were good friends and we agreed for all three to be cremated with their urns kept side by side at the memorial park,” he said.

Shi Yong, Chong and Lan were stabbed by a group of armed youths on motorcycles at about 10.15pm on Friday, some 1.5km from their homes in Taman Mengkuang. It is believed that the three, who were also on motorcycles, had been provoked by the group who led them to an ambush along Jalan Kampung Solok Binjai in Pengkalan Balak.

Meanwhile, State CID chief DCP Raja Shahrom Raja Abdullah said six males, aged between 17 and 37, were detained and remanded for seven days to facilitate police investigations. The six were detained on Saturday evening from several locations in Masjid Tanah, he told reporters here yesterday.

He added more arrests are likely to follow. Police are also looking for Ling Jun Hon, 16, from Lubok Cina. He urged those with information to contact ASP Mohd Zulkifli Yusof at 016-630 8222.

R

Red 4

Tuesday January 25, 2011

Cops nab boy wanted in triple murder case

By MARTIN CARVALHO
[email protected]

MALACCA: Police have made a breakthrough in the murder case involving three friends from Paya Mengkuang following the arrest of a suspect on Sunday.

State chief police officer SAC Datuk Chuah Ghee Lye said the suspect, a 16-year-old youth, was arrested in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday night but refused to divulge further information with regards to ongoing investigations.

“The suspect is currently being interrogated and details will be released soon to avoid jeopardising our ongoing investigations,” he said when contacted here yesterday. Six males aged between 17 and 37 were detained for questioning two days ago.

It is learnt that police here mounted a nationwide manhunt for a 16-year-old youth from Lubok Cina, who is said to be the prime suspect behind the fight in Paya Mengkuang on Friday night.

The three deceased, Chong Sai Keong, 17, Tai Shi Yong, 18 and Lan Ee Shan, 20, were ambushed by a group of armed youths on motorcycles at about 10.15pm some 1.5km from their respective homes in Taman Mengkuang.

A joint funeral and cremation ceremony would be held at the Jelutong Memorial Park for the three on Tuesday where their urns would be placed next the each other.

In Putrajaya, Dharmender Singh reports that Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein has called on the public to not jump to conclusions over the murders and allow the police to complete their investigations.

He said there was no evidence of racial or religious elements linked to the murders.

R

Red 4

Wednesday January 26, 2011

Cops solve triple murder

By MARTIN CARVALHO and CINDY TAN
[email protected]

MALACCA: The mob attack at Paya Mengkuang that left three youths dead on Friday was sparked by a personal conflict and not connected to any gangs, the police said.

State police chief SAC Datuk Chuah Ghee Lye said they consider the case closed after a 16-year-old boy turned himself in at the Sungai Besi toll plaza in Kuala Lumpur at about 9.30pm on Sunday.

“Based on our initial investigations, we believe the fight between the suspect and the victims stemmed from a personal misunderstanding which took place several months ago,” he told a press conference here yesterday.

n_18cops.jpg

Final goodbyes: People gathering at Taman Mengkuang to pay their last respect to Shi Yong, Ee Shan and Sai Keong during their funeral procession yesterday. — A. MALEX YAHAYA / The Star

The three victims, Chong Sai Keong, 17, Tai Shi Yong, 18, and Lan Ee Shan, 20, were riding on motorbikes when they were waylaid and attacked by a group of other motorcyclists some 1.5km from their homes at about 10.15pm on Friday.

SAC Chuah said the suspect, a school dropout from Lubok Cina, fled in a taxi from Masjid Tanah and headed towards Kuala Lumpur. He called his parents and they persuaded him to turn himself in to the police, said SAC Chuah, adding that the suspect was brought back to Malacca and has since been remanded for five days for further questioning.

He said that suspect had led police to the recovery of a knife in some bushes in Taman Seri Cahaya and an abandoned motorcycle in Taman Harmoni in Masjid Tanah. He added that seven others - aged 14 to 37 - from Masjid Tanah, were also detained and remanded to facilitate investigations.

Meanwhile, more than 500 family members and residents of Paya Mengkuang gathered at Taman Mengkuang to pay their last respect to the victims. The victims were cremated at about noon at separate columbariums in Jelutong, Sungai Putat. Their urns would be placed side by side at the Jelutong Memorial Park on Wednesday.