• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

this is the candidate i'm looking for...

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know Ramseth personally but I know who he is indirectly through a WP friend. He's kind of a lingual prodigy, can speak many languages like natives. I understand even LTK, Sylvia, GMS and TKL has asked his help for translation. His political and legal knowledge is certainly up there too. However, my friend said LTK actually asked him once a couple of years ago but he won't be standing. He loves his ponytail hairstyle and freewheeling lifestyle too much. Quite a waste (whether you'd support him or not) as such a character would surely add color to the election.

Anyway, latest insider news I've heard is WP going all out for wins in three GRCs. I'll start another thread on that.

looking for ramseth to teach you chinese? see my signature. :biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know Ramseth personally but I know who he is indirectly through a WP friend. He's kind of a lingual prodigy, can speak many languages like natives. I understand even LTK, Sylvia, GMS and TKL has asked his help for translation. His political and legal knowledge is certainly up there too. However, my friend said LTK actually asked him once a couple of years ago but he won't be standing. He loves his ponytail hairstyle and freewheeling lifestyle too much. Quite a waste (whether you'd support him or not) as such a character would surely add color to the election.

Anyway, latest insider news I've heard is WP going all out for wins in three GRCs. I'll start another thread on that.

ramseth for election!!! aye!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Now you know why PAP needs voters to have 'cooling' eh?

PAP knows the psyche of the average voter. Hot and fierce during the moment, but given time will revert to being ball-less, chicken shit, spineless serfs. We are truly a curious bunch.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Person with umbrella ex-mata mata. Headed Orgainsed Crime Branch in CID. Several other jobs. Last job in MINDEF. Now carry umbrella? Is MINDEF 'participating' in this GE???? Hahahahahaaaaaaa....................

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Looking at the picture it's unlikely that the whole SMC was there to hear Low speak. More likely, it's the opposition supporters from all over the island rallying there to hear him speak. Translation, it's useless if pple outside his own ward is listening to him even if the crowd is this huge coz they are not the ones voting for him. These jokers should go back where they came from and allow the important pple, the pple who can actually cast a vote for him or her to be there. If the WP is not in your ward, go to the one that is coming to U. Dun squeeze out the actual voters

And what is wrong with opposition supporters from all over the island attending the rally? We are such a bloody small country (no, a city because we are not a country said a "wise" black man). Every constituent is interconnected because national policies affect everyone, although elections are carried out at the constituent level. Does it annoy you to see such a big crowd at a WP rally? Are you fearful that this will happen again? What does your PAP handlers feel about this?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP knows the psyche of the average voter. Hot and fierce during the moment, but given time will revert to being ball-less, chicken shit, spineless serfs. We are truly a curious bunch.

Yes sir. PAP knows cooling off period is to 'assist' voters to change their oppostion votes to PAP ones. Not PAP to opposition votes. PAP can be read like a book. They are predicable - they will implement new things to their advantage. They are humans afterall.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And what is wrong with opposition supporters from all over the island attending the rally? We are such a bloody small country (no, a city because we are not a country said a "wise" black man). Every constituent is interconnected because national policies affect everyone, although elections are carried out at the constituent level. Does it annoy you to see such a big crowd at a WP rally? Are you fearful that this will happen again? What does your PAP handlers feel about this?

Think of it this way. Who are the pple who will get the opposition into parliament. The voters. Who are the pple who can vote for them? The voters where the opposition party chooses to contest.

Jokers coming from all over the island to that rally and denying the space for the actual voters who can vote them in to listen to them speak = potentially making them lose votes

Is there any point to having a huge crowd listening to them, if the 2006 election is any indication, NO!!!! Crowd so big got fuck use if it doesn't translate to votes. What is important is the votes and the voters. Make sure pple who live in that ward or wards the party is contesting in gets piorty entrance. Jokers from elsewhere should be chase to the end of the queue

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP dog twist and turn come out with all sorts of fucking reasons telling u why u shouldn't attend WP rally.

same as you twisting and turning trying to bullshit why 3 or more cornered fights is good for oppo party.

who u trying to kid it must be damn tiring for u to defend pap policies. u can even be found in 3-in-1 kopitiam doing the same thing. i hope they pay u well for being a dog :oIo::oIo::oIo:

i post exactly same as my post in pg 2 here becos the pap dog repeats himself all over again. :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even when non-constituents attend rallies, there'd spillover and multiplier effect to other constituencies for the same cause.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Think of it this way. Who are the pple who will get the opposition into parliament. The voters. Who are the pple who can vote for them? The voters where the opposition party chooses to contest.

Jokers coming from all over the island to that rally and denying the space for the actual voters who can vote them in to listen to them speak = potentially making them lose votes

Is there any point to having a huge crowd listening to them, if the 2006 election is any indication, NO!!!! Crowd so big got fuck use if it doesn't translate to votes. What is important is the votes and the voters. Make sure pple who live in that ward or wards the party is contesting in gets piorty entrance. Jokers from elsewhere should be chase to the end of the queue

yes, you are correct to point out the 2006 elections did not quite turn out the way most thought it would, based on the large turnouts at OP rallies. Still, these rallies are held in huge open spaces, so that anyone from planet earth can attend. Lots of space, lots of megawatt speakers, lots of blinding lights. Having said that, pple already know who they want to vote for, way before they attend the rally. So, attendance at such rallies is to show support for the party, and/or defiance of the ruling party.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's important for party to attract the RIGHT CROWD. Attracting all these kuchin kurup idiots from all over the place is POINTLESS if they are not eligible to vote for your party

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wtf. Cheebye pap dog still barking the same tune. Pap dog want all to siam wp rallies. Fuck u pap dog.

jw5

Loyal
I was quite impressed when he articulate in Mandarin. This guy's mandarin and pronounciation is very very good

Alec seems to be a very interesting candidate.
Passionate about SG, articulate in both languages, sensible and rational thoughts, a global citizen.
It's also interesting that when RP had the mass exodus, he stayed. He appears to be very determined and focused.
Agree with the TS that he's one to look out for and one that we're looking for.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alec seems to be a very interesting candidate.
Passionate about SG, articulate in both languages, sensible and rational thoughts, a global citizen.
It's also interesting that when RP had the mass exodus, he stayed. He appears to be very determined and focused.
Agree with the TS that he's one to look out for and one that we're looking for.

We can be certain of one thing - he is not into politics coz of money. Agree with your assessment of Alec who stands a good chance in a SMC if 1 vs 1.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
We can be certain of one thing - he is not into politics coz of money. Agree with your assessment of Alec who stands a good chance in a SMC if 1 vs 1.

I am actually heartened that we have the likes of Alec, Wijeysingha, et al. Articulate, fearless, and down right charismatic.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am actually heartened that we have the likes of Alec, Wijeysingha, et al. Articulate, fearless, and down right charismatic.

I am no body language expert but it is not difficult to detect the conviction of a person when he speaks. Alec and VW passes the test with flying colours. None of the new MIW, even the Generals, gave me this 'feeling' they are into politics to serve the people. More like to serve PAP and themselves - by getting rich, richer and richest along the journey.