• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This 24 year old divorcee has been living in Marsiling carpark for past 4 years

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Young woman sleeps in carpark for 4 years
Lianhe Wanbao - 6 hrs 57 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Lulu (left) being interviewed by a reporter.</cite>
A reader told Lianhe Wanbao about a young woman who had been sleeping in a HDB carpark for four years.

Lulu (not her real name), has been sleeping at the stairwell of a carpark in a HDB estate in the north since she was 20 years old.

Lulu explained her predicament to reporters.

She had wilfully gotten married when she was 19 but divorced a year later after she fought with her husband.

She returned home to her parents' flat in Marsiling with her baby daughter but did not find support from her family.

She said, "My father felt that I wasn't taking marriage seriously. Whenever he spoke to me, he was harsh and sarcastic. I found it unbearable."

In one fight with her family, Lulu pushed her father and the older man fell to the floor.

After this, she was chased out of the house by her own family.

Lulu has stayed at the carpark ever since.

She appears to use an umbrella to get what privacy she can on her makeshift space laid out with cardboard boxes.

The security of her belongings consists of a "Don't Touch" sign pasted on her luggage.

Lulu adds that she has a new boyfriend now and the man sometimes stay with her overnight at the carpark.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 5 February 2012.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO class. The Japanese destitutes would have used paper cartons to erect a proper "room", while the French homeless at subway use comfortable mattresses. Why isn't she selling tissue paper? That could have earned her a HDB flat :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NO class. The Japanese destitutes would have used paper cartons to erect a proper "room", while the French homeless at subway use comfortable mattresses. Why isn't she selling tissue paper? That could have earned her a HDB flat :biggrin:

At least, Drifter got better class. He's living in a big designer cardboard house with his wife and his pitbull around Nihonbashi area. His pitbull has drilled daily to be on guard at the sentry cardboard kennel on the look out for me if I pop by. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find this quite hard to comprehend that it lasted even a few weeks let alone years. I am sure that there is more to this than what has been reported. One should be able to rent a room. I am sure she should have secured a job.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe when she went to see her MP, she was asked if she wanted 3 meals in a restaurant, hawker centre or carpark. And then told that Singapore's poor have it way better than anywhere else in the world, so just shutup and fark off...

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find this quite hard to comprehend that it lasted even a few weeks let alone years. I am sure that there is more to this than what has been reported. One should be able to rent a room. I am sure she should have secured a job.

Yes I do agree with you that is a bit hard to swollow until I came across this chap in my office. He is forced to stay in JB as HDB refuse to sell him a house. He told me his side of the story but I will take a pinch of salt with it. He is 50yo divorcee ( wife ran away with another man ). Forced to sell away his house so to split 50/50 with ex as ordered by the judge. Later when he reapply to buy another flat was told he cannot as he already bought 2 flats and he cannot secure a loan from HDB as he was too old and income too low. End up lan lan stay in JB in a rented condo. Funny thing is his son is serving NS keep say to us " Fuck no house in SG for fuck son need to fight to defend SG "

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It should be taken with a pinch of salt, for the story have too many holes to believe. Jumbo is complaining, that no body wants to wash dishes at 1k plus a month, Bus companies are complaing that, they have a shortage of Captains. Surely, a simple sales job will bring in some income, she is female; getting jobs are easier.:p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of some body whose job aptitude is so poor that no job could be held for a long term, even the simplest of jobs. Some people are so badly prepared for the job market, it could be low IQ or it could just be going to the wrong school.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
She had a marriage which lasted for a year and brought the child back to her parents to look after. And she still has the cheek to say that her dad was harsh and sarcastic?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Marsiling would be flooded with perverts tonight, roaming the handful of mscp there :biggrin:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lulu adds that she has a new boyfriend now and the man sometimes stay with her overnight at the carpark.

WTF!!!! How come the bf don't ask her to live with him. Or the bf also homeless? She seriously needs to stop dating losers!!!!

Last edited:

Singaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although a sad story, there's definitely more to it. Some things the reporter left out (purposely?)
- did she approach any organisation for help
- who is her mp. did she approach her mp for help
- is she working now?

and the MOST IMPORTANT how is the health of the baby now?

There is a formula to this kind of typical sad stories - it is to make peasants feel lucky and grateful to have a roof over their heads and 3 meals to eat. That is why the important questions are never asked/reported, but max out the details of the sad things to pull at your heartstrings and make you think: "wa, lucky I not like her! My life actually not bad wor."

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to live in a carpark for 4 years? I can't even imagine for 4 days. How to bathe?

Last edited: