• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking Aloud ...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19 May 2019 Sunday 8.12am

View attachment 58487

The sky is cloudy. I did my usual 5km on the treadmill. The weather notification said "Heavy thundery showers with gusty wind expected over many parts of Singapore between 8.45am and 9.45am". It's the start of another day. Sitting on the rattan chair cooling down in my balcony, the bird chirping away and I wonder why they have so much energy. Maybe they are mocking at me? "You stupid old prick, stop daydreaming".

Good morning. Another week has started.

Vesak Day. Never go Bright Hill ya.:smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19 May 2019 Sunday 8.12am

The sky is cloudy. I did my usual 5km on the treadmill. The weather notification said "Heavy thundery showers with gusty wind expected over many parts of Singapore between 8.45am and 9.45am". It's the start of another day. Sitting on the rattan chair cooling down in my balcony, the bird chirping away and I wonder why they have so much energy. Maybe they are mocking at me? "You stupid old prick, stop daydreaming".

Good morning. Another week has started.

you sound so philosophical.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
She was running towards me. I intuitively hit the "Open" button, when the hotel elevator doors were fast shutting. My instinct was a consequence of spotting a Chiobu, a lady in her early thirties, through the approximate 15 cm gap of the fast closing elevator doors. Had she been an "Addams family member" that resembled Ching or Ling, I would unequivocally hasten the end of misery for my eyes, thumbing the "Close" button, furiously, in fervent hope that they meet their karmic justice. As she entered the elevator, I asked if she was ok. She replied "谢谢!" followed by the sweetest smile on Planet Earth. I felt absolutely mesmerized by a pseudo Kdrama actress, in the likeness of Park Min Young (What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?; Her Private Life) or Yoo In Na (Goblin; Touch Your Heart). The thought of "love at first sight" (or probably lust) billowed in me. I felt my hyperactive hypothalamus directing the pituitary glands to release more "Hwaiting" aggressive testosterone, as her Chanel Coco Mademoiselle's scent inundated the atmospheric pressure in the elevator. Being a gentleman (only) to beautiful women, I asked which floor she was heading. She said "二十八" in Putonghua. I did my part like a docile and obedient elevator operator, akin to a woman controlling my "stiffness", surrendering to her passion when she's on top. After wishing her "Have a great evening" in English, to which she thanked me in English too, I went to my club room on the 30th, feeling a teenager who had made a friend, beaming away in delight. I had "good imagination" of her that night. The next morning, while going down the elevator to check-out, the elevator stopped at 28. There she was, with her immaculate Rimowa aluminum and checking out too. We exchanged pleasantries in English and Putonghua. I asked where's she's heading and can't believe my luck that it was PVG and SIN too. I offered to share my carpickup and she readily accepted.

The rest is history. The "good imagination" that I had the night before had become reality.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She was running towards me. I intuitively hit the "Open" button, when the hotel elevator doors were fast shutting. My instinct was a consequence of spotting an Chiobu, a lady in her early thirties, through the approximate 15 cm gap of the fast closing elevator doors. Had she been an "Addams family member" that resembled Ching or Ling, I would unequivocally hasten the end of misery for my eyes, thumbing the "Close" button, furiously, in fervent hope that they meet their karmic justice. As she entered the elevator, I asked if she was ok. She replied "谢谢!" followed by the sweetest smile on Planet Earth. I felt absolutely mesmerized by a pseudo Kdrama actress, in the likeness of Park Min Young (What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?); Her Private Life) or Yoo In Na (Goblin; Touch Your Heart). The thought of "love at first sight" (or probably lust) billowed in me. I felt my hyperactive hypothalamus directing the pituitary glands to release more "Hwaiting" aggressive testosterone, as her Chanel Coco Mademoiselle's scent inundated the atmospheric pressure in the elevator. Being a gentleman (only) to beautiful women, I asked which floor she was heading. She said "二十八" in Putonghua. I did my part like a docile and obedient elevator operator, akin to a woman controlling my "stiffness", surrendering to her passion when she's on top. After wishing her "Have a geeat evening" in English, to which she thanked me in English too, I went to my club room on the 30th, feeling a teenager who had made a friend, beaming away in delight. I had "good imagination" of her that night. The next morning, while going down the elevator to check-out, the elevator stopped at 28. There she was, with her immaculate Rimowa aluminum and checking out too. We exchanged pleasantries in English and Putonghua. I asked where's she's heading and cant believe my luck that it was PVG and SIN too. I offered to share my carpickup and she readily accepted.

The rest is history. The "good imagination" that I had the night before had become reality.

Very nice story... serendipity. Romance. Blossom.

jw5

Loyal
Had she been an "Addams family member", I would simply have pretended to be reading the advertisements on the elevator wall. :biggrin:

She was running towards me. I intuitively hit the "Open" button, when the hotel elevator doors were fast shutting. My instinct was a consequence of spotting an Chiobu, a lady in her early thirties, through the approximate 15 cm gap of the fast closing elevator doors. Had she been an "Addams family member" that resembled Ching or Ling, I would unequivocally hasten the end of misery for my eyes, thumbing the "Close" button, furiously, in fervent hope that they meet their karmic justice.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She was running towards me. I intuitively hit the "Open" button, when the hotel elevator doors were fast shutting. My instinct was a consequence of spotting a Chiobu, a lady in her early thirties, through the approximate 15 cm gap of the fast closing elevator doors. Had she been an "Addams family member" that resembled Ching or Ling, I would unequivocally hasten the end of misery for my eyes, thumbing the "Close" button, furiously, in fervent hope that they meet their karmic justice. As she entered the elevator, I asked if she was ok. She replied "谢谢!" followed by the sweetest smile on Planet Earth. I felt absolutely mesmerized by a pseudo Kdrama actress, in the likeness of Park Min Young (What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?; Her Private Life) or Yoo In Na (Goblin; Touch Your Heart). The thought of "love at first sight" (or probably lust) billowed in me. I felt my hyperactive hypothalamus directing the pituitary glands to release more "Hwaiting" aggressive testosterone, as her Chanel Coco Mademoiselle's scent inundated the atmospheric pressure in the elevator. Being a gentleman (only) to beautiful women, I asked which floor she was heading. She said "二十八" in Putonghua. I did my part like a docile and obedient elevator operator, akin to a woman controlling my "stiffness", surrendering to her passion when she's on top. After wishing her "Have a great evening" in English, to which she thanked me in English too, I went to my club room on the 30th, feeling a teenager who had made a friend, beaming away in delight. I had "good imagination" of her that night. The next morning, while going down the elevator to check-out, the elevator stopped at 28. There she was, with her immaculate Rimowa aluminum and checking out too. We exchanged pleasantries in English and Putonghua. I asked where's she's heading and can't believe my luck that it was PVG and SIN too. I offered to share my carpickup and she readily accepted.

That's how you got hooked to the Shanghainese damsel cum boss.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
1, 3 ,5, 7, 9, 11, 13.

Can you guess what's the next number I am thinking after 13? I am sure most of you will say 15, looking at tge series of numbers above.

Nope, it's not a trick question. And nope, the number in my head is not 15.

It's 18.

I simply want to illustrate the "disease" known as confirmation bias that most (if not all) forummers suffer from, including myself, from mild to severe.

There's a particular one who stands out from the rest of us. She's plausibly the one who's most afflicted by this confirmation bias "disease". She seemingly believes that she is more virgin than Mother Virgin Mary. She's the epitome of confirmation bias "disease". She scours the World Wide Web, almost on a daily basis looking for proof that Hokkiens are the best people on mother earth, whether be it in shipbuilding, war heros, original dicoverers of tea, patriots or successful business persons. She cuts and pastes these so-called evidential junk and spams this Forum, reinforcing her prior conclusions that Hokkiens are simply the best human species that ever step foot on this planet. Another example. She invests in property in Jurong, putting all her eggs and subscribing to PAP propanganda on HSR infrastructure benefits. She feels extremely happy when she chances on positive URA flash estimates or even inane articles, sponsored by "verminish" property developers, or agents declaring that property prices are heading northwards.

And if anyone disagrees with her or post "disconfirming" facts, she has no qualms attacking or harassing them. In other words, she filters all "disconfirming" facts so that her prior conclusions always remain intact. Warren Buffett once said. "What the human brain is best at doing, is interpreting all the new information so their prior conclusions remain intact". It's like a "built-in defence mechanism" inherent in our genetic makeup.

This is confirmation bias. Its something that will lead to one's ruin, whether in your marriage, money, career, investments, gambling etc. The World Wide Web is a fertile ground for breeding confirmation bias. To stay connected and informed, we browse our favourite news sites daily. We bookmarked our interests be it in stock or property market, hobbies, gaming, football, etc. Technologies tracking our browsing tailor our internet searches too. End of the day, we become communities of same minded people reinforcing our prior conclusions, which can be erroneously fatal, as you can see from the posts of our renowned Mother of All Virgins (MAV).

The number in my head was 18 because I like 18. As simple as that.

So, discard and murder the prior theories or conclusions you have in your brain when you look at stock market or property charts or graphs, economic forecasts by authoritative economists, news article, 4D or Toto numbers, roulette number patterns, baccarat banker or player or even progressive slot jackpot amounts. Gamblers are one of the worst sufferers of confirmation bias disease.

Last but not least...

Beautiful and sexy women doesn't mean they wouldn't be best companions for life. Not all chiobus, whether AMDLs, ATBs or Sinkiebu-s are GCPs. Similarly, not all muslims are terrorists or prone to terror. Don't let what you read on a daily basis screw your judgement and reinforce your prior conclusions that you have made in your limited human brain. At least attempt to judge each event or matter independently, away from prior conclusions.

Otherwise, after spending our time in this Forum, we will all become the likes of MAV one fine day.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1, 3 ,5, 7, 9, 11, 13.

Can you guess what's the next number I am thinking after 13? I am sure most of you will say 15, looking at tge series of numbers above.

Nope, it's not a trick question. And nope, the number in my head is not 15.

It's 18.

I simply want to illustrate the "disease" known as confirmation bias that most (if not all) forummers suffer from, including myself, from mild to severe.

There's a particular one who stands out from the rest of us. She's plausibly the one who's most afflicted by this confirmation bias "disease". She seemingly believes that she is more virgin than Mother Virgin Mary. She's the epitome of confirmation bias "disease". She scours the World Wide Web, almost on a daily basis looking for proof that Hokkiens are the best people on mother earth, whether be it in shipbuilding, war heros, original dicoverers of tea, patriots or successful business persons. She cuts and pastes these so-called evidential junk and spams this Forum, reinforcing her prior conclusions that Hokkiens are simply the best human species that ever step foot on this planet. Another example. She invests in property in Jurong, putting all her eggs and subscribing to PAP propanganda on HSR infrastructure benefits. She feels extremely happy when she chances on positive URA flash estimates or even inane articles, sponsored by "verminish" property developers, or agents declaring that property prices are heading northwards.

And if anyone disagrees with her or post "disconfirming" facts, she has no qualms attacking or harassing them. In other words, she filters all "disconfirming" facts so that her prior conclusions always remain intact. Warren Buffett once said. "What the human brain is best at doing, is interpreting all the new information so their prior conclusions remain intact". It's like a "built-in defence mechanism" inherent in our genetic makeup.

This is confirmation bias. Its something that will lead to one's ruin, whether in your marriage, money, career, investments, gambling etc. The World Wide Web is a fertile ground for breeding confirmation bias. To stay connected and informed, we browse our favourite news sites daily. We bookmarked our interests be it in stock or property market, hobbies, gaming, football, etc. Technologies tracking our browsing tailor our internet searches too. End of the day, we become communities of same minded people reinforcing our prior conclusions, which can be erroneously fatal, as you can see from the posts of our renowned Mother of All Virgins (MAV).

The number in my head was 18 because I like 18. As simple as that.

So, discard and murder the prior theories or conclusions you have in your brain when you look at stock market or property charts or graphs, economic forecasts by authoritative economists, news article, 4D or Toto numbers, roulette number patterns, baccarat banker or player or even progressive slot jackpot amounts. Gamblers are one of the worst sufferers of confirmation bias disease.

Last but not least...

Beautiful and sexy women doesn't mean they wouldn't be best companions for life. Not all chiobus, whether AMDLs, ATBs or Sinkiebu-s are GCPs. Similarly, not all muslims are terrorists or prone to terror. Don't let what you read on a daily basis screw your judgement and reinforce your prior conclusions that you have made in your limited human brain. At least attempt to judge each event or matter independently, away from prior conclusions.

Otherwise, after spending our time in this Forum, we will all become the likes of MAV one fine day.
Confirmed and double confirmed ... she will curse you like there is no tomorrow.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree with u AhMeng. Muslims have been around 1400years. If Muslims were terrorist then latter would be fighting and invading countries every day, night, week, month and year. Those terrorists are only handful. But the western media like to protray them otherwise.

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Agree with u AhMeng. Muslims have been around 1400years. If Muslims were terrorist then latter would be fighting and invading countries every day, night, week, month and year. Those terrorists are only handful. But the western media like to protray them otherwise.
No worries brother. I am with you on this.

However, a confirmation bias that I can NEVER EVER rid myself from is that the PAP is an elitist party that believes in greed and churns self serving propaganda perpetually. Down with the PAP! Vote Opposition till PAP becomes Opposition! :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries brother. I am with you on this.

However, a confirmation bias that I can NEVER EVER rid myself from is that the PAP is an elitist party that believes in greed and churns self serving propaganda perpetually. Down with the PAP! Vote Opposition till PAP becomes Opposition! :biggrin:

Susah lah AhMeng. Most of Oppies supporters here are anti Muslims. So if i vote for WP aka wayang party or any other opp parties, is like shooting my own foot.:notworthy: