• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The World Cup So Far

jw5

Loyal
Now that we are near to the end of the second round of matches, I would like to highlight some teams that deserve to be eliminated. One of the main criteria is their approach to the games. If the "third best" team played defensively or cagily against the top team in their group, that is uinderstandable. But if they played defensively against the "fourth best" team, they deserve to be knocked out.

France - Played cagily against Uruguay even though they themselves are supposed to be the best team in their group. Their team spirit is in tatters. Go home.

Greece - Had the chance to take the game to S Korea but did not and ended up losing 0-2. Decided to wake up against Nigeria, but I hope it's too late for them. Go home.

Algeria - Had the chance to take the game to Slovenia but chose to go defensive and got killed by 1 goal. Go home.

Serbia - Had the chance to take the game to Ghana, ended up losing 0-1. Were lucky against Germany. Go home.

Cameroon - Could have attacked Japan but didn't. Tried against Denmark but were sucker punched. Already going home.

Slovakia - Could have taken the game to both NZ and Paraguay but chose to be cagey. Go home.

I like Chile and Paraguay so far, hope one of them pulls a shocker.

jw5

Loyal
Italy has continued the ongoing curse of dismal run of results for European Bigwigs .....
Looking at the European teams,
France will be going home. They are in total disarray and perhaps it's better that they go home.
Greece is poor, not interested in them.
I think England will beat Slovenia and qualify. Reminds me of a few world cups in the 1980s and 1990s where they played a shitty first 2 games and then shone in the third.
Germany will qualify, they always do. Serbia too probably.
Netherlands are doing well. I think Denmark will beat Japan and qualify. I like their style of football.
Italy should beat Slovakia, which has played horribly, and qualify.
Spain should qualify, Portugal really don't know.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ironically, it was exactly 2 years ago that Italy and France were both out of group stages too, in Euro 08. (thanks to my Dutch, yes!! :biggrin::biggrin:)

So whats the fate for the European teams?
Apparently no good at all, if no surprise results tonight. We will see 6 Euro teams advancing to the 2nd round and left with 3 teams in the quarter final.

2nd round
Netherlands vs Slovakia
Germany vs England
Spain vs Portugal

On the quarter final stage, there will be great matches. I dun want to predict. But am looking forward to Netherlands vs Brazil match :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
The world cup got better as the group stages reached its finale.
The group matches where Slovakia and Paraguay eliminated Italy and NZ and where Germany and Ghana eliminated Serbia and Australia were particularly exciting.
Now that we have reached the knockout stages, do you think there will be any surprises?
I think that the QF would be as follows:
Uruguay v USA (expected)
Germany v argentina (expected although England fans won't be happy)
Netherlands v Chile (shocker as I'm predicting Chile will beat Brazil)
Paraguay v Portugal (shocker as I'm predicting Portugal will beat Spain)

What are your predictions and comments on the round of 16?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world cup got better as the group stages reached its finale.
The group matches where Slovakia and Paraguay eliminated Italy and NZ and where Germany and Ghana eliminated Serbia and Australia were particularly exciting.
Now that we have reached the knockout stages, do you think there will be any surprises?
I think that the QF would be as follows:
Uruguay v USA (expected)
Germany v argentina (expected although England fans won't be happy)
Netherlands v Chile (shocker as I'm predicting Chile will beat Brazil)
Paraguay v Portugal (shocker as I'm predicting Portugal will beat Spain)

What are your predictions and comments on the round of 16?

Different lah :

Uruquay vs Ghana
England vs Argentina
Holland vs Chile
Portugal vs Japan