• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The World Cup So Far

jw5

Loyal
It's only 7 matches, but this has to be one of the worst world cups in recent memory. Boring is the name of the game, it can only get better.

S Africa v Mexico was quite exciting actually, but both teams' defences are really poor and will get exposed by good teams.

The team of superstars from France were really disappointing.

S Korea has been the only impressive team so far, their team has played a good passing and counter attacking game and all their players look as if they are up for the greatest tournament on earth. I think Greece will finish bottom of their group.

Messi was his usual mercurial self, but Veron and Higuain really stunk up the place.
My advice to Diego before the world cup. Play 4-2-1-3 with Messi as the playmaker, and 3 strikers running off Messi. Milito instead of Higuain.

The team of superstar multi millionaires from England were a real let down. Can't even beat the USA in soccer, maybe they'll beat them in baseball or American Football/

Algeria v Slovenia was sleep inducing and so was Serbia v Ghana. Neither Slovenia nor Ghana deserved their win. All 4 teams will be going home if they can't play better than this.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The team of superstar multi millionaires from England were a real let down. Can't even beat the USA in soccer, maybe they'll beat them in baseball or American Football/

Algeria v Slovenia was sleep inducing and so was Serbia v Ghana. Neither Slovenia nor Ghana deserved their win. All 4 teams will be going home if they can't play better than this.

Yeah, it's obvious that England would have been happy with 1:0 win (which they didn't get or rather gave away). Algeria, Slovenia, Serbia and Ghana were all playing for draws in which Slovenia and Ghana got their lucky breaks.

jw5

Loyal
Finally, a good performance from one of world football's powerhouses.
Germany defeated Australia 4-0, a scoreline facilitated perhaps by the controversial sending off of Tim Cahill.
Germany always looked dangerous going forward, with youngsters Ozil, Kedira and Muller looking sprightly. Ballack who?
A team to watch in the later stages, their 6 veterans + 5 youngsters (above 3 + Badstuber and keeper Neur) seem to click very well.

jw5

Loyal
Hopefully, Holland will play some good football against Denmark.
Japan v Cameroon should be a good game too.
I've a feeling that Paraguay may beat Italy.

England and Capello have problems ahead of their next match against Algeria. King is injured and estimated out for 3 weeks and essentially the rest of the tournament. Green is at a low and there have been cries calling for him to be replaced.
My recommendation to Capello would be to replace Green with Joe Hart and to reaplace King with Michael Dawson. Carragher and Upson are far too slow. Play Joe Cole instead of James Milner on the left of midfield and replace Heskey with Crouch.

LauMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, a good performance from one of world football's powerhouses.
Germany defeated Australia 4-0, a scoreline facilitated perhaps by the controversial sending off of Tim Cahill.
Germany always looked dangerous going forward, with youngsters Ozil, Kedira and Muller looking sprightly. Ballack who?
A team to watch in the later stages, their 6 veterans + 5 youngsters (above 3 + Badstuber and keeper Neur) seem to click very well.

German will be the group winner of Group D, and they will meet the 2nd team from Group C comprising England, USA, Slovenia and Algeria. Any of these teams will be crushed by German in the group of 16. Argentina will also top the B Group and go on to meet the 2nd team from Gp A comprising RSA, Mexico, France & Uruguay. Most likely opponent in the group of 16 will be either France or Uruguay. I believe Argentina will win and go on to meet the German in the Quarter final, to decide who goes to the semi final. What a pity that these 2 teams have to meet at this stage.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Play Joe Cole instead of James Milner on the left of midfield and replace Heskey with Crouch.

You can't be serious. Emile Heskey scored about once in every eight to nine games. Peter Crouch scored about once in every two to three games. If Emile Heskey was born in Germany, he'd be in Division D.

jw5

Loyal
You can't be serious. Emile Heskey scored about once in every eight to nine games. Peter Crouch scored about once in every two to three games. If Emile Heskey was born in Germany, he'd be in Division D.
Read my post again.
I said "replace Heskey with Crouch". Which means Heskey out Crouch in.

jw5

Loyal
Oh sorry, apology. Read too fast. Everytime I see the name Heskey, I got angry.
I don't get angry when I see his name, but I know he can never last 90 minutes.
By the 60th minute of every game, he's limping around.
It's a risk to have James, King and Heskey in the same team.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
England goalkeeping and defence are hopeless in world class stage. Has to go for attack, i.e. the mentality of scoring more goals to win instead of conceding less goals to win as during Banks and Shilton era. Gerrard, Lampard and Cole backing Rooney and Crouch should be good enough if deployed appropriately and clicked into place.

It's very clear now. It doesn't matter who're playing goalkeeper and defenders for England now. They're all 2nd division standard craps except for John Terry, who alone can't do much.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter who're playing goalkeeper and defenders for England now. They're all 2nd division standard craps except for John Terry, who alone can't do much.
John Terry? i thought the last match only Johnson playing well?, LOL

Anyway, so far, Germany, USA and South Korea impresses me the most.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
John Terry? i thought the last match only Johnson playing well?, LOL

Last match superstar was Robert Green. Nobody heard of him 48 hours ago. Now he's a household name. Probably got a director seat for on BP board.

Anyway, so far, Germany, USA and South Korea impresses me the most.

Germany and South Korea as usual, don't play play and simply go all out from first game onwards. USA looks good because England was fooling around simply avoiding injuries. That's always Italian mentality in World Cup first round. Look at Italy's traditional first round records. Horrible compared to Brazil and Germany. Euphemistically labelled as "slow starters," with lots of single-goal wins, draws and loses and narrow escapes. And yet, they won 4 World Cups, one short of Brazil and one more than Germany. Italy never has injury crisis. They dive or injure opponents only. England got an Italian manager now.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Germany and South Korea as usual, don't play play and simply go all out from first game onwards. USA looks good because England was fooling around simply avoiding injuries. That's always Italian mentality in World Cup first round. Look at Italy's traditional first round records. Horrible compared to Brazil and Germany. Euphemistically labelled as "slow starters," with lots of single-goal wins, draws and loses and narrow escapes. And yet, they won 4 World Cups, one short of Brazil and one more than Germany. Italy never has injury crisis. They dive or injure opponents only. England got an Italian manager now.
I think Capello is a good coach for England, the problem is the mentality of the English players, they too self centred (look at Lampard and Gerrard). Avoiding injuries is not in English book, avoiding getting yellow card, that might be possible :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited: