• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Truth Behind Dinesh Raman Death

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP is demolishing this family like it does to opposition politicians. The PAP press and media is the main weapon here.

So, why doesn't the PAP spell out the exact amount offered? $100k? $500k? $750k? $1 million? With a number, the PAP can bs all it wants. How do we know the compensation offer is generous?

Okay, so this guy is a triad member ...can he not changed?

Assuming $2k per month for 35 years ...the compensation should be $700k. This figure is lowball as there there is no bonus, no AWS, no salary increment, no accounting for inflation. If we take all those into account, the compensation should be more than $1 million.

Let's see the PAP's offer before we can judge if the PAP is the reasonable party.

Whether the inmate was an angel or demon, it is not the issue. Whether the govt offer $1M or $10K is beisdes the point...if anything, the more generous they are, the more eager they are to hush up.

The main issue is a man died under custody and there seems to be no interest on the part
of the authorities to pursue what looks like more a more likely version of what took place. Their version starts by saying Dinesh
unprovoked kicked the prison guard for no reason. Let me ask you does this make sense for some one to go
And kick another with full power and authority to overpower and inflict punishment 'unprovoked'.......this version
of the story has a large missing chunk. How do they know for sure there was a kick and it was unprovoked?

It is not right for things to be left this way and for govt to try to close the issue with so many unanswered
questions with the possibility of guilty parties going unpunished and no further measures in the prison service
to prevent such things from happening.

Government Statement on Dinesh Raman Reprehensible | The Online Citizen

Government Statement on Dinesh Raman Reprehensible

We deplore the statement issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs in respect of the late Mr Dinesh Raman s/o Chinniah, entitled Statement regarding the case of Dinesh Raman s/o Chinniah, published on the ministry’s website on 13 September 2013.

There is a claim before the courts. The family desires to learn the facts of their son and brother’s death while in the custody of the Singapore Prison Service. The details of the MHA press release pertaining to Mr Dinesh’s past, ostensibly in order to determine the quantum of compensation, have instead rehearsed his past misdeeds in order to conduct a character assassination ahead of the court hearing. It is designed to swing public opinion from sympathy for the family. Moreover, these matters are irrelevant to the case before the court.

They were then repeated in the mainstream media without regard for the sensibilities of the family or basic norms of courtesy. We urge the media to show more sensitivity to the family’s situation.

The action of the ministry in publishing its press release is deeply wrong. It has done so in a way that is clearly intended to destroy Mr Dinesh’s posthumous reputation. We have no doubt that by doing so it has added to the deep grief of the family, already suffering the profound pain of their only son’s loss. It is entirely unseemly for the Ministry of Home Affairs to have done so.

As fellow citizens, we demand that the Minister for Home Affairs apologise to the family.

This statement is signed by the following individuals (in no particular order)

Leslie Chew
Priscilla Chia
Joshua Chiang
Stephanie Chok
Damien Chng
Jean Chong
Chong Kaixiong
Neth Chong
Choo Zhengxi
Fadli Bin Fawzi
Han Huihui
Gilbert Goh
Ho Choon Hiong
Kirsten Han
Russell Heng
Adrian Heok
Vanessa Ho
Dan Koh
Dana Lam
Vincent Law
Basil Lee
Lynn Lee
Corinna Lim
Lim Jialiang
Andrew Loh
Braema Mathi
Ng Yi-Sheng
Roy Ngerng
Pak Geok Choo
Russell Heng
Roy Tan
Shawn Tan
Vivian Pan
Alfian Sa’at
Martyn See
Siew Kum Hong
Miak Siew
Isrizal Mohamed Isa
Shafiie Syhami
Constance Singam
Kenneth Tan
Roy Tan
Shawn Tan
Shelley Thio
Melissa Tsang
Vidula Verma
Jolovan Wham
Vincent Wijeysingha
Wong U-Wen
Terry Xu
Yap Ching Wi
Rachel Zeng

It is highly deplorable the govt use the media it controls to conduct a PR campaign against
the family and the victim because they choose not to take generous amounts of money offer to stay silent and to continue their pursuit of the truth. It shows a lack of integrity of those in govt to resort to such ugly tactics.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Let me ask you does this make sense for some one to go
And kick another with full power and authority to overpower and inflict punishment 'unprovoked'.......this version
of the story has a large missing chunk. How do they know for sure there was a kick and it was unprovoked?

Having seen how some Ah Nehs behave, it is perfectly believable.

It is not right for things to be left this way and for govt to try to close the issue with so many unanswered
questions with the possibility of guilty parties going unpunished and no further measures in the prison service

If prisoners are not kicked and punched while they're in custody, they'll start treating prison like a stint in a holiday resort as they do in New Zealand. Prison has to be made as unpleasant as possible in order to have the necessary deterrent effect. I can't think of anything better than the threat of death for misbehavior.

It is highly deplorable the govt use the media it controls to conduct a PR campaign against
the family and the victim because they choose not to take generous amounts of money offer to stay silent and to continue their pursuit of the truth. It shows a lack of integrity of those in govt to resort to such ugly tactics.

There is no need for any campaign by the media or anyone else. The family produced a monster who attacked his own mother. You don't need a campaign to highlight what sort of scum he is.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is it right for MHA to be aking comments before the case is at trial? obviously no gag order on MHA....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it right for MHA to be aking comments before the case is at trial? obviously no gag order on MHA....

They are not just making comments, they are making comments irrelevant to
the claims made. Going through Dinesh's background and saying his family rejected compensation
Is irrelevant and looks to be a malicious attempt to demonise the family and victim.
If they have solid evidence and have done their work, they should have no issue putting forth
the evidence . This type of statement undermines the public confidence in MHA .....this incident
along with the earlier scandals really make me wonder what is going on here

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If prisoners are not kicked and punched while they're in custody, they'll start treating prison like a stint in a holiday resort as they do in New Zealand. Prison has to be made as unpleasant as possible in order to have the necessary deterrent effect. I can't think of anything better than the threat of death for misbehavior.

There is no need for any campaign by the media or anyone else. The family produced a monster who attacked his own mother. You don't need a campaign to highlight what sort of scum he is.

Leong hit the nail on the head this time around.

The only reason why ravi is defending this is cos a fellow keling died. Notice how to him he totally ignores the shit skin's fucked up behavior.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the statement of mha mentioned that the state accepts responsibility. to me tat is acknowledgement of fault. prior 2011 u will not hear this. jus go north to mudland n see if u get a single cent if same thing happened.

y is he in the cell in first place ? history of violence speaks for itself. prison is a place for punishment u dun go n expect pampering like a spa. n to attempt to blackmail the govt bcos of this is downright disgusting. ..how much they thinking of ? that dinesh will turn out to start another microsoft n worth zillions ?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you believe mudland is the yardstick for how all prisoners should be treated?

the statement of mha mentioned that the state accepts responsibility. to me tat is acknowledgement of fault. prior 2011 u will not hear this. jus go north to mudland n see if u get a single cent if same thing happened.

y is he in the cell in first place ? history of violence speaks for itself. prison is a place for punishment u dun go n expect pampering like a spa. n to attempt to blackmail the govt bcos of this is downright disgusting. ..how much they thinking of ? that dinesh will turn out to start another microsoft n worth zillions ?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leong hit the nail on the head this time around.

The only reason why ravi is defending this is cos a fellow keling died. Notice how to him he totally ignores the shit skin's fucked up behavior.

Nonsense. Ravi was well-known in being Yong Vui Kong lawyer. Is Yong Vui Kong a "keling"?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so you believe mudland is the yardstick for how all prisoners should be treated?

what made you come to such a conclusion?

Mudland and singapore are rather similar and the fact of the matter is mudland wouldn't even bother to acknowledge or compensate dinesh family so he is really lucky that singapore did it yet his damn family isn't satisfied at all.

amazedbyyou

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. The Govt show magnamity to compensate. So, victim family take advantage understanbly.
2. I doubt that Prison have no CCTV!! Jurong Div n Cantoment cells do have. I think its is
collective(wardens) gang cover-up bashing away from the CCTV first.
3. Now, Govt unveil the dark side of Dinesh, the dirty laundry.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I use mudland for convenience. never did I say its the yardstick. my point is highlight other govt wuldnt bother to open enquiry...a prisoner elsewhr is treated like shit unless u bribe.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether the inmate was an angel or demon, it is not the issue. Whether the govt offer $1M or $10K is beisdes the point...if anything, the more generous they are, the more eager they are to hush up.

The main issue is a man died under custody and there seems to be no interest on the part
of the authorities to pursue what looks like more a more likely version of what took place. Their version starts by saying Dinesh
unprovoked kicked the prison guard for no reason. Let me ask you does this make sense for some one to go

Ah you raise a good point BUT is the singapore prison system like this? Do they just assault prisoners or "provoke" them? To my knowledge i never heard of other prisoners assaulting the prison wardens. Then again we need to understand what constitutes provocation. Saying something to a prisoner? Being rude to him? I am sure the wardens do it to criminals to show who's boss cos it's prison where the law of the jungle rules so what do u think a prison warden has to do to provoke an attack? If it's saying something to the prisoner then the prisoner is in the wrong for attacking the warden. After all the wardens are the boss in there and if a few words can provoke a person then he is in the wrong.

Btw do u think the singapore prison system is corrupt? Like do the wardens abuse the prisoners? Then again it's hard to feel sympathy for the prisoners but let's get back on track.

Do you think someone has the right to physically attack someone of the law? Like kicking a police officer for example? You see my point? If a police officer behaves "xia lan" towards a person does it give this person a right to kick him and get away without punishment?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use mudland for convenience. never did I say its the yardstick. my point is highlight other govt wuldnt bother to open enquiry...a prisoner elsewhr is treated like shit unless u bribe.

Nonsense. Your point is that so-called "Swiss standard" Ministars who are paid OUT OF THIS WORLD salaries should be judged by comparing what happens under their portfolio to Third World countries. So long as they perform a little bit better that such Third World countries that satisfies you. In such case, you are either a pathetic low IQ twit or more likely a PAP IB.

I have material ready on Malaysia, let's see how you reply or don't reply. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think someone has the right to physically attack someone of the law? Like kicking a police officer for example? You see my point? If a police officer behaves "xia lan" towards a person does it give this person a right to kick him and get away without punishment?

Bingo ........ another retard spotted ........ slow and easy, deal with them one by one :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bingo ........ another retard spotted ........ slow and easy, deal with them one by one :rolleyes:

Pray tell why is it retarded? Why not you reply to my question then? You wouldn't dare cos then it has similar implications for the dinesh case where he has justification to kick the prison officer. I doubt the wardens torture the prisoners so he has no grounds to kick him. Would you beg to differ retard PAP IB? :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so far no one has answered any of my questions. OK let me make up this scenerio. The wardens wanted to rape dinesh and the other prisoners. Prisoners are routinely raped. That is why dinesh kicked the officer. :rolleyes: There now this warrants a kick right?

Yet this is very unlikely but then let's talk about what amount of provocation does it justify a prisoner kicking a warden or a member of public kicking a police officer. Can you give the excuse the police officer was harrassing me asking for my IC to kick him? Honestly what sort of provocation do u think it requires so that the appropriate response would be to kick the officer or warden and then somehow it justifies kicking said person?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is alive, he may well served life imprisonment for whatever crimes he would have committed in the future. Then it will cost the govt $2000 per month to keep him locked up, hitch would have cost the govt $2000 per month for the rest of his life. Hence maybe the compensation is close to this estimate?

If watchman8 is alive after 2016 or whenever the PAP gets kicked out, he should be ferreted out and detained under the ISA for at least ... let me see ... 30 years ... yes, that sounds about right for contributing to the retardation of the Sinkie mind.

Check out your own confessions:

WongMengMeng, all of us already confessed that we are PAP IB.
At least PAP pays GD, Lock, me and many others PAP IB double for working on public holidays.
Based on my pap ib database, one of sammyboy nick is the current changi chalet warden. If WMM and his clones continue to waste our time, the warden will have special treatment for the tikko cheapo new inmate. ….

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

the people who defend this dead ganster are all very immature , childish , illogical idiots who should be send to india or mudland to get rob, raped or beaten up bythese gangsters to get real first hand experience before they spew all their crap from their ivory tower. alot of them here sound more stupid and moronic than this dinesh guy(in fact makes him looks learned by comparison).
the people who signed the petition are mostly lowly scum lawyers who do so trying to earn some cheap publicity. waht conspiracy? in the first place this guy is a real bastards. No need to tarnish his reputation. There is none in the first place. read the facts.
in the first place the asshole ask for it and is a ganster. even threaten and beat up his own mother
that's why she took a protection order from Government/police against her own son asking them to protect her against this bastard. How ironic that now she turn around and said garmen killed her son. the garmen make a bad mistake. should not have issue any PPO and let this bastard whack his own motehr or killed her then charge him and hang him for cold blooded murder. ALL problems solved!!! that's why never help these snakes.
On the other hand, if the 8 prisons officers were sacked all hell would break loose. The garmen is not so stupid like these dumb lawyers. if these 8 guys get sacked or punished wrongfully, it is very possible the whole prison guards system collapsed suddenly as ALL their demoralised colleagues would tender resignation suddenly or go on strike or go slow and you get massive riots in prison overnight!!!! hard core criminals are watching closely and would game the system and use this as an example. this is the otehr scenario nobody dare to talk or think about. that's why I like LKY . he would smash them up once and for all.all these high falutin lawyers and scum bags
(I refused to believe all 8 of them are so cold hearted versus this dinesh guy who is the cold hearted gangster himself. If they want to get him, only take 1 guy to knock him out cold if they want, NOT 8 guys to do it, so the facts show they were trying to control him from kicking and biting etc). Don't talk about human rights here. when these gangsters commit rape and murder where were these NGOs lawyers to talk about human rights for the victims and their families?? that's why most lawyers are scum bags.

Last edited: