• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Truth Behind Dinesh Raman Death

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fragrant Harbour’s impartial courts sentenced prison officers
Found guilty of same type of crime to sixteen months jail
Now the prison officers are appealing
Hearing before three ang mor judges
(continued at post #267)

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(continued from post #261)

Justices Stock, Line and Macrae
Who probably have British citizenship
In addition to being Hong Kong PRs
Nobody cares that these judges are not Chinese citizens
Or that the prisoner killed in custody was Taiwanese
Everybody is more concerned with the Rule of Law
And that is as it should be so Sinkies you better wake up

Prison officers convicted of beating inmate claim court case was unfair

Three prison officers convicted of assaulting a Taiwanese detainee who died the following day claimed at their appeal yesterday that their original trial was unfair because it did not hear their side of the story.

Leung Shing-chi, 47, So Ka-wai, 37, and Tang Yuk-po, 46, are asking the Court of Appeal to quash their conviction for inflicting serious bodily harm on Chen Chu-nan. The three, jailed for 16 months by the District Court in September, were released on bail in December, pending their appeal.

Chen, 33, was found dead at Lai Chi Kok Reception Centre in August 2009, with 117 bruises and wounds to his head and body.

The three claim their former counsel, Oliver Davies, advised them not to testify on the grounds that he had found discrepancies in the prosecution case and he saw no reason why the three should "fill in the gaps".

"I believed in my lawyer and I did not ask him the advantages and disadvantages of giving evidence. It did not come to mind," So told the court yesterday.

But Davies told the court he felt the three would not perform well at a trial and advised them against giving evidence in case they incriminated themselves.

"I had the impression that an assault had occurred," he said.

Clive Grossman, for the men, told the court that medical reports did not rule out the possibility that Chen's injuries arose from a violent struggle. The original trial heard no such evidence.

The hearing continues today before Mr Justice Frank Stock, Mr Justice Peter Line and Mr Justice Andrew Macrae.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ed-beating-inmate-claim-court-case-was-unfair

Last edited: