• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The real Ziyi?

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_421493.html

The real Ziyi?
In person, the actress is unlike the feisty characters she plays and coos and acts like your gal pal
By foong woei wan

ZiyiLimAlan.jpg

Zhang, whose latest movie is Sophie's Revenge (left), gets close to a camel in Oman and finds time to shop for gifts for her family. -- PHOTOS: SHANGRI-LA HOTELS AND RESORTS, ALAN LIM

View more photos

ZHANG Ziyi prances to this interview - sucking on a lollipop. 'It gives me energy,' coos the Chinese actress, before a photo call beckons and she hands the sweet to celebrity coiffeur David Gan, a member of her small entourage for the day.

She is a picture of girlish ordinariness - if you can ignore the enormous diamond engagement ring on her slender hand, from her fiance Vivi Nevo (below), the Israel-born, New York-based investor - chit-chatting about how much she likes local food and toying with her anklet.

C2-1m.jpg

Zhang, 30, is here on a two-day trip as the brand ambassador for Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, to appear in an in-house video on the group's heritage. The programme is being made with, and for, the staff.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times

[email protected]

On motherhood
'I HAVE yearned for it since childhood. I have yearned for it countless years. I think a lot of things happen naturally. They happen when they should. It's all destined by heaven. It can't be planned'

Zhang Ziyi on motherhood
... more

On the paparazzi

'AIYA, I have never cared about that. You have to have your own life even if you are a princess. We're all ordinary people. We're nothing special. We're out in the open and we can't guard against hidden enemies. I won't change my life because of someone or something. That has no value'

On the paparazzi's invasion of her privacy
... more

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow already 30 years old :eek: She is an auntie like Zoey Tay :smile:

Maybe she will start appearing in Mediacorpse soaps :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we know she is trying to be a rich tai tai. we already knew the real ziyi. basically a typical china PRC woman.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she dont look that old actually..

Same, same with Zoey Tay still look ok. However there are younger & fresher girls wannabe actresses waiting in the wings.

Even in Hollywood many 'older' actresses are finding it difficult getting roles. In China I'm sure you can find many, many actresses just as pretty or prettier:rolleyes: