• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Real Hero - Win Or Lose - LTK

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm really touched by LTK going out to GRC. People like Yellow_People looks and sounds like pig shit by now. Go ahead attack LTK, and sound even more shitty.

It is extremely difficult to see Aljunied GRC falling into WP hands particularly when the latter done absolutely nothing to secure minority votes, save for including token minority representation on his team - Pritam Singh and Abdul Manap, as required by the rules. Else we would have likely seen an all Chinese lineup.

Chinese voters may be impressed with the "show hand" stunt akin to Chow Yuen Fatt in God of the Gambler but the Indian and Malay voter view it as act of recklessness. Minority voters, 30% in Aljunied, form the highest percentage of voters in Aljunied via-a-vis other constituencies and that was even before the recent electoral boundary redrawing. (See below).

The PAP are disliked by all and sundry, but George Yeo, Zainal and the rest of the team have worked the ground tirelessly since 2006 and Aljunied residents will be hard pressed to criticize their management.

If regime change Ah Beng thinks he can take Aljunied with[out] the minority votes, good luck to them.

==========================================================

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a community event on Sunday, he pointed out that his constituency has lost some 30,000 predominantly—Chinese voters to Ang Mo Kio and Pasir Ris—Punggol GRCs.

In turn, Aljunied GRC gained about 20,000 voters from Kaki Bukit ward, which is currently under Marine Parade GRC.

Mr Yeo said: "The demographics of Kaki Bukit are like these: they’re mainly three—room flats and many rental flats as well. When I looked after this area before, it was the poorest part of Kembangan. Having such a set of demographics is a political reality. There’s a high concentration of Malays and Indians, fewer Chinese in this area..."

Mr Yeo was also asked about the perceptions by some analysts that the disproportionately large Malay population in Kaki Bukit ward could favour the ruling party.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4707101.

-

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have instructed all our 50,000+ members to inform all our Malay brothers and sisters during Friday prayers today to not vote for the PAP and to not vote for any of our Malay brothers or sisters standing under the PAP ticket.

We, members of the Malay community, will now throw our weight, support and influence behind Encik Chee Soon Juan, Encik Chiam See Tong, Encik Goh Meng Seng, Encik Kenneth Jeyaratnam and Encik Low Thia Khiang.

We, members of the Malay community, will now throw our weight, support and influence behind the SDP, SPP, NSP, RP and WP.

We will repeat this call throughout the week to our Malay brothers and sisters.

We will again repeat this call to our Malay brothers and sisters when we meet for prayers next Friday.

We promise to deliver no less than 65% of the Malay votes to Encik Chee Soon Juan, Encik Chiam See Tong, Encik Goh Meng Seng, Encik Kenneth Jeyaratnam and Encik Low Thia Khiang.

We promise to deliver no less than 65% of the Malay votes to the SDP, SPP, NSP, RP and WP.

We call on our fellow Singaporean brothers and sisters, our Chinese, Indian and Eurasian brothers and sisters to join and work with us in throwing the weight and support of their community behind Encik Chee Soon Juan, Encik Chiam See Tong, Encik Goh Meng Seng, Encik Kenneth Jeyaratnam and Encik Low Thia Khiang.

We call on our fellow Singaporean brothers and sisters, our Chinese, Indian and Eurasian brothers and sisters to join and work with us in throwing the weight and support of their community behind the SDP, SPP, NSP, RP and WP.

Majulah kaum Melayu!!!
Majulah kaum Cina!!!
Majulah kaum India!!!
Majulah kaum Serani!!!
Majulah kaum Singapura!!!

Majulah Singapura!!!

Undilah SDP !!!
Undilah SPP !!!
Undilah NSP !!!
Undilah RP !!!
Undilah WP !!!

wowentian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aljunied GRC 的成败在one group of old anties & uncles 的手上.
这些anties&uncles头脑只想到最近PAP政府给他们一些钱, 他们不会关心国家课题, 也不去想他们的子女孙儿孙女的前途. Aljunied GRC 的年轻选民, 请多counsel家中年长的公公婆婆和父母, 为了你们的未来20-30年, 投票卡上不要画错, 记得铁锤旁画个X.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aljunied GRC 的成败在one group of old anties & uncles 的手上.
这些anties&uncles头脑只想到最近PAP政府给他们一些钱, 他们不会关心国家课题, 也不去想他们的子女孙儿孙女的前途. Aljunied GRC 的年轻选民, 请多counsel家中年长的公公婆婆和父母, 为了你们的未来20-30年, 投票卡上不要画错, 记得铁锤旁画个X.

Success or failure of the Aljunied GRC in the hands of one group of old anties&uncles.
These anties&uncles the mind think only the most recent PAP Government to give them some money, they do not care about national project, and not to think about the future of their children to grandchildren. Young voters for Aljunied GRC, please counsel older elderly people and their parents in the family, for your next 20-30 year, voting cards do not draw the wrong, remember to draw an x next to the hammer.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low is taking a very big risk,putting all good candidates to fight a GRC. so it is not only win or lose but more like do or die for him.
still think that they should have concentrate on the 9 SMC. if win at least 4-5,can built from it for next election.
and if the area is next to each other,can form their own GRC from it.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is extremely difficult to see Aljunied GRC falling into WP hands particularly when the latter done absolutely nothing to secure minority votes, save for including token minority representation on his team - Pritam Singh and Abdul Manap, as required by the rules. Else we would have likely seen an all Chinese lineup.

You are being facetious here. The inclusion of Pritam and Abdul Manap is not token. Aljunied GRC is the only GRC which has TWO minorities.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are being facetious here. The inclusion of Pritam and Abdul Manap is not token. Aljunied GRC is the only GRC which has TWO minorities.

The Malay voter in Aljunied barely knows who Manap is let alone what he stands for and the Indian voter does not even know who Pritam Singh is. As a Sikh he does not even represent the cross-section of the Indian voter that make up the GRC. This is how woeful, WPs' understanding of at least the Indian ground is in Aljunied.

That is what token representation is all about. Fielding minority candidates, 1 or 2 does not matter, but let's field them anyway. WP might have just fielded Manap as a sole minority candidate had it not been for the re-drawing of boundary that included Kaki Bukit.

The good caliber minority candidates do not wish to join WP, like Vincent W. Or even if they are in the party, they leave like James Gomez and Jufrie.

-

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask the Malays in Tampines GRC what they think of their minority rep.............and his wife.

Syafarin Sarif? Or Masagos? If it is the former, Sarif irked the Malays when he commented on his facebook wall post - "let the barking dogs be" when he was asked some tough yet pertinent questions.

As for NSP's sec-gen views on the minorities, I really do not need to elaborate.

-

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Syafarin Sarif? Or Masagos? If it is the former, Sarif irked the Malays when he commented on his facebook wall post - "let the barking dogs be" when he was asked some tough yet pertinent questions.

As for NSP's sec-gen views on the minorities, I really do not need to elaborate.

-

Try checking out Masagos and then MBT's meet the people sessions. And then we can have a discussion. I feel like selling keropok in Mah's, so many Malays asking for help.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try checking out Masagos and then MBT's meet the people sessions. And then we can have a discussion. I feel like selling keropok in Mah's, so many Malays asking for help.

There is really nothing to discuss. If the Malay voter prefers he can always vote for GMS over MBT. Given GMS frank views about the Malay and minorities, the Malay and Indian voter in Tampines MUST remember not to KPKB, should they decide to put GMS in charge.

-

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is really nothing to discuss. If the Malay voter prefers he can always vote for GMS over MBT. Given GMS frank views about the Malay and minorities, the Malay and Indian voter in Tampines MUST remember not to KPKB, should they decide to put GMS in charge.

-

Fair enough. well said.

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Success or failure of the Aljunied GRC in the hands of one group of old anties&uncles.
These anties&uncles the mind think only the most recent PAP Government to give them some money, they do not care about national project, and not to think about the future of their children to grandchildren. Young voters for Aljunied GRC, please counsel older elderly people and their parents in the family, for your next 20-30 year, voting cards do not draw the wrong, remember to draw an x next to the hammer.

hi my mom is 1 such old aunty die die also must vote PAP: no way to convince them: i hope they all die soon like M&Ms then i blive there will be changed: the oldest generation only care for $$$$. they don't give a damn about future of s'poreans orl their children (only care if their children can give them $$$: fuck y have children in the first place) but only care for their god 4saken $$$ :mad::mad::mad:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is an insult to both Manap and Pritam to call them token. Have you even heard them speak, voice their views?

I had limited opportunity as both are unknowns. Heard them speak at last night's rally. Pritam whom I found out loves English football and I suspect is a fan of Man U. Yet for all that talk he is uninspiring while Manap is full of rhetoric. I call them token because that is exactly what they are.

It is obvious the WP, particularly SL and LTK, have been taken aback and find themselves in a quandary by the redrawn boundary. LTK has been talking about gerrymander in his last few speeches while Sylvia keeps harping on the boundary changes.

"If the PAP (People's Action Party) really respects voters' needs and wishes, why does it keep redrawing boundaries after every election based on the voting results?," says Sylvia Lim.

I would suggest they move away from the gerrymander, no other opposition is talking about it and start focusing on what they can do for the constituency instead.

I also find it arrogant that WP claims that opposition might not be represented in parliament after elections. It is likely that WP may end up with glitch, but I counted at least 5 SMCs that looks set to fall to opposition.

Therefore, all is not lost.

-

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chinese voters may be impressed with the "show hand" stunt akin to Chow Yuen Fatt in God of the Gambler but the Indian and Malay voter view it as act of recklessness. Minority voters, 30% in Aljunied, form the highest percentage of voters in Aljunied via-a-vis other constituencies and that was even before the recent electoral boundary redrawing. (See below).

If regime change Ah Beng thinks he can take Aljunied with[out] the minority votes, good luck to them.

Mr Yeo was also asked about the perceptions by some analysts that the disproportionately large Malay population in Kaki Bukit ward could favour the ruling party.

you know God of Gambler too. :biggrin:

3513601898_de7b05ae48.jpg

WP can win Aljunied GRC by winning a landslide Chinese votes, win half the Indian votes, not lose too heavily in Malay votes. but this scenario very hard.

many middle ground voters in Aljunied already voted for WP last GE giving them 44%. The new 6% segment of voters WP need in Aljunied is not the same 6% they can get in East Coast or Joo Chiat. The Aljunied 6% are the middle ground pro pap + minorities votes. add in the unknown factor of Kaki Bukit ward as well.