• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The rainbow jersey makes people make mistakes

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Julian Alaphilippe: The rainbow jersey makes people make mistakes​

By Cyclingnews about 11 hours ago
Frenchman launches book and says he feels partly Belgian

Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-QuickStep)

Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-QuickStep) (Image credit: Getty Images)

Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-QuickStep) may have hung up his wheels for the winter but the two-time road world champion has kept himself busy with a new book out at the start of November.

Titled ‘Julian’ the book charts a year in the life of the Frenchman and tracks the highs and personal lows he has faced since winning the first of his rainbow jerseys in 2021. At a press event to publicize the book, Alaphilippe told reporters that wearing the rainbow jersey caused him to make mistakes as a rider.

He pointed to the finish of Liège-Bastogne-Liège in 2021, when he celebrated too soon in sprint and lost out to Primož Roglič and several other riders as a prime example. He also hinted at the pressures that come with racing as the men’s world champion and the idea of disappointing fans was a weight on his shoulders at times.

“The rainbow jersey makes people make mistakes,” he told Het Nieuwsblad.
Read More

Julian Alaphilippe 'inspired' by first week of 2022 Tour de France

Julian Alaphilippe's new rainbow-themed Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7

Julian Alaphilippe: World champion again, in spite of himself

“I had to learn to ride with that jersey, I had to learn to wear the jersey. My biggest mistake? My loss in Liège-Bastogne-Liège, without a doubt. I wanted to make that jersey shine too much and that's why I made a mistake. You don't want to disappoint anyone with a jersey like this: not the fans, not the team and not even myself. I hope I don't make those mistakes again next year and that I can do my thing again next season without complexes: make the race and win."

The 29-year-old also talked about his connection with Belgian cycling and the country as a whole. He has raced his entire career for Patrick Lefevere’s squad having joined the WorldTour ranks in 2014.

“Because I have defended the colours of the Belgian team Deceuninck-Quick-Step all my career, because I had my first successes in Belgian competitions, I have always felt at home here, Belgium has always welcomed me well. And the love is mutual. I like the Belgian races, also the Flemish ones. I don't think you will find fifty riders in France who have these races in their DNA. I do. Then you must be partly Belgian.”

Another reason for the book lies in Alaphilippe’s desire to share his emotional journey. As well as enjoying success on the bike he also went through important personal moments off the bike, too – from the birth of his first son to the tragic loss of his late father.

“The book is about one year in my career, but not just any year. It has been a year full of emotions, both professionally and privately. Enough to write a book about it, I thought. The memories, the images… I wanted to share this with my fans.”

"I tried to talk as openly as possible about that year,” he said.

"Because there were so many emotions: the world titles, of course, but a lot was also happening in my private life. I thought that should also be in the book. All those conversations came naturally.”

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Belgium is a divided country between Flanders and wallons.
Wot happened to Chris froome? He never recovered from the training accident?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Belgium is a divided country between Flanders and wallons.
Wot happened to Chris froome? He never recovered from the training accident?

He's back racing but nowhere near the same level yet.... if ever.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who wear such jerseys are faggots just like all cyclists. So wat mistake is he talking about? N like all faggots n cyclists, selfish, inconsiderate, self-entitled, self-centred, narcissists looneys, n blame the clothing? Typical faggots mentality..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
People who wear such jerseys are faggots just like all cyclists. So wat mistake is he talking about? N like all faggots n cyclists, selfish, inconsiderate, self-entitled, self-centred, narcissists looneys, n blame the clothing? Typical faggots mentality..

You're misinterpreting the statement. Blaming the jersey is not about the actual article being the cause of mistakes. It's referring to the burden of expectation when you're the reigning world champion.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bl
You're misinterpreting the statement. Blaming the jersey is not about the actual article being the cause of mistakes. It's referring to the burden of expectation when you're the reigning world champion.

Oic....n tat is just typical excuse from faggots... expectations cause my failure...yeah right..a true sportsman will admit failures n if over the hill n cannot make it...will accept the failure n move on..not blame others unless it was intentional...like the other competitors bashed him etc.. but failure due to others high expectations of him? C'mon man.. typical faggots mentality..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Bl

Oic....n tat is just typical excuse from faggots... expectations cause my failure...yeah right..a true sportsman will admit failures n if over the hill n cannot make it...will accept the failure n move on..not blame others unless it was intentional...like the other competitors bashed him etc.. but failure due to others high expectations of him? C'mon man.. typical faggots mentality..

He is admitting his failures. He's saying that he has trouble dealing with the expectations that he has imposed upon himself as holder of the current world title.

This guy is definitely not a faggot he's one of the toughest cyclists out there currently.

Nobody who is weak in body or mind is going to be anywhere near to contesting for the win after 270km of riding. That's almost 7 hours in the saddle at very high intensities.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He is admitting his failures. He's saying that he has trouble dealing with the expectations that he has imposed upon himself as holder of the current world title.

This guy is definitely not a faggot he's one of the toughest cyclists out there currently.

Nobody who is weak in body or mind is going to be anywhere near to contesting for the win after 270km of riding. That's almost 7 hours in the saddle at very high intensities.
Paging resident REAL satki SG cycling dr @porcaputtana

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are two types of world champions. The one off whose ambition is to be at the top just once like schooling, and the consistent performer.
It takes a huge amount of work to be at top. Messi was putting in 8 hours of training per day before he played professional football. And Salah of Liverpool was with his coach by 6 am every morning in Egypt.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's disgusting that the rainbow, a symbol of hope and innocence, has been misappropriated by the homos for their petty crusade. :rolleyes:

b9166496370b7bde1e6031157208be1e.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's disgusting that the rainbow, a symbol of hope and innocence, has been misappropriated by the homos for their petty crusade. :rolleyes:

The world has changed. Keeps changing.

Internet is also not the same.

Nobody goes to forums anymore except old folks in their 70s.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

These faggots are shameless ....they will do anything to further their agenda even destroying society in the process. This is wat is expected from mental cases. Look at how they misappropriated the word Gay...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ban this sport bad for the manhood balls and penis....