• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Predictions of Prophet Muhammad

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long time ago, I had a childhood friend who got a Colombo Plan scholarship to study metallurgy in Canada. He came back after his degree and became an administrative assistance (AA civil service); it was quite a prestigious job. I remember he was given a job and he had to visit professionals and other experts to write some research reviews on oil trading at the time. He told me he visited and talked to someone from the Indonesian embassy and he was impressed by the man - that he spoke "perfect" English. I do understand this friend of mine as he and I belong to the same "level" - not too "bright". I understand better after I converted to Islam.

There is a reason why in Islam (Quran and hadith) there is a great stress in "believing", distinguishing between a believer and a non-believer. When a man is non-believing, his heart is closed and sometimes it could even be crystallized as hard as stone. Such a person would then be stubborn, just would relish in disputes non-stop and would come to nothing. On the other hand, if a person is lucky enough to be able to open his heart and humble himself to the One God Almighty, his heart would be opened - insha Allah. In this manner he would realized things which he "forgot" in the past, before the opening of his heart and inner self.

For a Muslim, if he is sincere and has true faith, it is God who will make him more aware and thus smarter. I could later understand why the Indonesian whom my friend met could speak "perfect" English - Allah made him bright.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid,
"Einstein's E=mc2 Invalid"
http://www.emc2fails.com
As i understand it, we do not need religion to submit to God. Nor books, or holy land associated to god. He is omni present. Everywhere. Just seek his guidance,

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor you, in Islam you are not supposed to read your holy text and make up your own mind yourself?
Of course in Islam you are to consult people with knowledge AND then make up your mind. Unlike catholics who are repeatedly told to just believe even when their hearts says otherwise.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
What verse are you referring to?
I think you are referring to the verse which mentions about Muslims should kill non-believers on seeing them.

I don't know the exact verse, but I am almost certain there is such a passage in the Quran; I mean in one of the translated Quran: "The Meaning of the Glorious Koran"; Translated by Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall.

I was not disturbed at all by the verse; I was just puzzled. I also did not pay much attention to the verse. It was only very recently that I happened to chance upon a Youtube video by a Muslim scholar who specifically address this verse. I then understood the context of the verse and my puzzle was resolved.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid,

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Zakir Naik is considered as a very authentic muslim scholar by many muslim forumners. But he is banned by MUIS from preaching in sinkieland, so which side is correct?
He speaks the unadulterated truth, which as is normal, will grind people who just like spoilt children will want to do what they want to do.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
As i understand it, we do not need religion to submit to God. Nor books, or holy land associated to god. He is omni present. Everywhere. Just seek his guidance,
What you say is correct. I put believing within quotations - "believing".

In fact it has been said that the ancient Chinese had a God, Shang Di - maybe meaning the High One. It is not difficult to accept.

To believe in God is very easy; only the less fortunate ones (why so I don't know) would reject it. As you say, one does not need to be a Muslim, Christians or any religion to be a believer. A believer is one in whose heart there is humility towards the Divine - whatever it means. The only rational why the Divine exists is because man can never understand all of everything. In Islam, the Divine is God Almighty and the name is Allah.

But then, which Muslim can claim he has full knowledge of Allah. In fact there is a hadith belonging to a class called hadith Qudsi; I think it is like "inner" hadith:
"God is man's secret and man is God's secret"

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid,

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
But then, which Muslim can claim he has full knowledge of Allah. In fact there is a hadith belonging to a class called hadith Qudsi; I think it is like "inner" hadith:
"God is man's secret and man is God's secret
Forget about any hadith or holy books. Its not needed. Seek God for guidance. He is there right in front of you. very near. Only if you know.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
He speaks the unadulterated truth, which as is normal, will grind people who just like spoilt children will want to do what they want to do.

As I have said many times, MUIS Islam is compromised Islam. MUIS encourages muslims to share dinning tables with infidels in hawker centre, asking muslims to compromise themselves. Shame on MUIS to ban DR Zakir, the PhD in Islamic study.

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are referring to the verse which mentions about Muslims should kill non-believers on seeing them.

I don't know the exact verse, but I am almost certain there is such a passage in the Quran; I mean in one of the translated Quran: "The Meaning of the Glorious Koran"; Translated by Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall.

I was not disturbed at all by the verse; I was just puzzled. I also did not pay much attention to the verse. It was only very recently that I happened to chance upon a Youtube video by a Muslim scholar who specifically address this verse. I then understood the context of the verse and my puzzle was resolved.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid,
I'm not the one who are referring to any verse, you are the one who said you have referred to a verse. But when i asked you which verse you are talking about, you can't answer.