• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The politics thread :)

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)
You could read Raja Petra Kamarudin's Malaysia Today for the intrigues in Malaysian politics.

http://www.malaysia-today.net/

RPK was one of the most famous bloggers in Malaysia before with plenty of information from horses' mouths.

I am very impressed by the heightened level of civil activism within Malaysia. This is a sign of maturing democracy which is a beacon for any nation trying to surpass authoritarian rule.

In fact, the move towards managing racial diversity and embracing harmony is a sign that the country is together as one against corruption and poor governance. Either way, the ruling Government or the Opposition will move towards the direction in order to gain acceptance from the electorate.

Well done, Malaysia!

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
What remains is the conundrum

How to beat the devils who are always ahead of god.

I am very impressed by the heightened level of civil activism within Malaysia. This is a sign of maturing democracy which is a beacon for any nation trying to surpass authoritarian rule.

In fact, the move towards managing racial diversity and embracing harmony is a sign that the country is together as one against corruption and poor governance. Either way, the ruling Government or the Opposition will move towards the direction in order to gain acceptance from the electorate.

Well done, Malaysia!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

People whom invest in 1994-1996 got wiped out in 1997-1998.

No one see it coming.

It will be the same story all over again when the next crash come. No one see it coming.

EXCEPT THE FEW THAT ARE TALKING ABOUT IT NOW.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

People whom invest in 1994-1996 got wiped out in 1997-1998.

No one see it coming.

It will be the same story all over again when the next crash come. No one see it coming.

EXCEPT THE FEW THAT ARE TALKING ABOUT IT NOW.

There is a possibility that if PAS forms the next govt they will force sell FH landed properties owned by foreigners at auction prices and resell to locals esp bumis. Nightmare scenario. But they will continue to allow foreigners to buy strata title properties.
Their modus operandi is that no SEA countries allow foreigners to own FH land so why so Malaysia be different.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a possibility that if PAS forms the next govt they will force sell FH landed properties owned by foreigners at auction prices and resell to locals esp bumis. Nightmare scenario. But they will continue to allow foreigners to buy strata title properties.
Their modus operandi is that no SEA countries allow foreigners to own FH land so why so Malaysia be different.

That would be bad news for all.

Just curious, did they implement this in Kelantan?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A low possibility.

They need foreigners to provide low paying job to lower jobless rate.

By implementing this will scare away capital.

BN is now telling JB voters opposition will stop Iskandar projects if PAS won. That is strange.....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

BN warns Johorians Iskandar devt will be affected if opposition voted into power.

KUALA LUMPUR: Leaders of Malaysia's ruling Barisan Nasional coalition have warned that the rapid development of the country's southern economic zone will be affected if the opposition is voted into power in the coming polls.

President of Malaysia's biggest Chinese political party, the Malaysia Chinese Association (MCA), whose home base is in Johor, urged voters there not to take the state's current economic prosperity for granted.

The warning came as the opposition's battle to wrest control of the southern state heats up.

It is one of the frontline states for the opposition Pakatan Rakyat coalition in the coming polls.

As opposition big wigs like DAP strongman Lim Kit Siang and PAS vice president Salahuddin Ayub moved south to contest in the traditional stronghold of BN, the ruling coalition leaders were up in arms.

The largest Chinese political party MCA president Chua Soi Lek was among the first to raise concerns over the future development of the Iskandar region

He said: "Johor is the biggest beneficiary - Iskandar development has attracted something like 100 billion (dollar) investment. All in all, these two massive projects have created a lot of spin offs in terms of job creation - we are doing 40,000 a year."

According to Chua, half a million jobs were created in the Iskandar development region in the last five years since 2008, and the figure is expected to triple over the next five years.

Spanning over 2,200 square kilometres, the southern economic zone is three times the size of Singapore and has attracted some US$35 billion of investment since its inception in 2006.

It targets to bring in over US$125 billion of investments, focusing not just on manufacturing but also the services sectors by 2025.

The MCA chief, who hailed from the state, urged Johorians not to gamble away the future development of Iskandar.

The MCA president said: "We appeal to Johorians - while we have a good time, it should not be taken for granted. A strong presence of PAS in Johor will drive a wrong message to both local and foreign investors.

"PAS is not known for pro-business. They are more concerned about 'dos and don'ts' in our daily lives."

Johor's economic growth is expected to hover between 7 and 8 per cent over the next three decades, according to industry experts, as the government plans to turn it into a metropolis.

But the 13th General Election on May 5 has cast an ominous cloud of uncertainty over its prospects with both sides all set for a bruising battle.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

A low possibility.

They need foreigners to provide low paying job to lower jobless rate.

By implementing this will scare away capital.

BN is now telling JB voters opposition will stop Iskandar projects if PAS won. That is strange.....

This should be a more plausible outcome in my opinion too.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

like that not correct leh, I tot political discussion shld be restricted to the thread dedicated for such?
Double standard ah?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I very much doubt so because it can't be imposed on existing owners, but probably to new buyers, forbidding them to buy freehold properties. Anyway, I have faith that BN will still rule Johor come 06 May 2013. The PKR will have to get their own house in order first before they are capable of taking over Johor.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the BN newspaper full page advert is correct.

A VOTE FOR DAP IS A VOTE FOR PAS AND ISLAMIC NATION. Many people not familar with Malaysia politics would insist an opposition rule in Johor is good in the long term.

Let me remind you that an opposition rule in Johor does not mean an automatic DAP rule. Under DAP rule, Penang has prospered. But it does seem that PAS is also one of the contestant to rule Johor. Look at the house prices in Kelantan. Its the cheapest around and has not risen much in 20 years because there is no economic growth. They are happy with the things there because " it is their way of life" If PAS control Johor, property price will never be RM 800K or even RM 500K in Johor but much lower.

Malaysia election: Islamic law has always been the aim, say PAS leaders

By Farik Zolkepli, Sira Habibu, Foong Pek Yee, Yee Xiang Yun and Regine Lee
The Star/Asia News Network
Thursday, Apr 25, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR - Hudud has come back to haunt Pakatan Rakyat.

A day after PAS deputy spiritual leader Datuk Dr Haron Din claimed hudud would be implemented if Pakatan Rakyat came to power, several PAS leaders said Islamic law had always been the party's agenda.

Terengganu PAS deputy information chief Ustaz Azman Shapawi Abdul Rani said hudud would be implemented in stages should Pakatan win the general election.

"We have been planning to implement hudud since more than 50 years ago," he told The Malaysian Times.

He said hudud would not be implemented all at once.

"It will be done in stages ... The law should be explained to the people to prevent any misunderstanding.

"It will be done based on a working paper we have prepared and research we have done," he added.

PAS Ulama Council chief Datuk Harun Taib said implementing hudud had always been the party's mission.

"The party has always been about implementing hudud. We have never detracted from our stand of enforcing it," he said.

"Implementing the law is warranted in Islam. If Pakatan takes over the federal government, I do not see why we cannot implement the law.

"A new government under Pakatan will see this dream become a reality."

Dr Haron was quoted as saying in Arau on Tuesday that hudud would be implemented if Pakatan took over the federal government even if its Pakatan partner DAP opposed the move.

PAS leaders remain firm on their stand that they would never forgo their agenda to implement syariah law, including hudud.

They said pushing for syariah law was a religious obligation.

However, PAS information chief Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man said in Alor Setar that party president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang had stated that the implementation of syariah law would only be through the democratic process.

No Malaysians trust the mainstream newspapers. Its just scare tactic to influence fence sitter to vote for BN.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sad to see some forummers here having self-centered mindset, value of their properties more important than the welfare of the people in host country!! :mad:

Ask the non-malays in Kelatan which party they voted for.
Ask non-chinese in Penang whether they are more well-off compared to 5 years ago.

Those with common sense would know parliament/state assembly requires endorsement by at least 2/3 majority to pass a new act.
PAS does not command that number of seats even if they win in all the constituencies they contested!

I rather that my properties in M'sia devalued than seeing the peasants of all races & religions (Malays/Orang Asli, Indians, Chinese, Dayaks, Kadazans) suffering under current regime.

I am not a hardcore opposition supporter, I feel grateful for what Najib has done to be Prime Minister for all Malaysians.
But he does not want to eradicate those extremists/racists in UMNO under Dr.Monster's influence, evidently shown by fielding joker like Zulkifri Nordin just to please the group that advocates Malay supremacy.

Being a Buddist/Chinese Malaysian, ever since I was old enough to be eligible to vote (Yr-2004) - I never failed to vote for PAS.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very sad to see some forummers here having self-centered mindset, value of their properties more important than the welfare of the people in host country!!

Ask the non-malays in Kelatan which party they voted for.
Ask non-chinese in Penang whether they are more well-off compared to 5 years ago.

Those with common sense would know parliament/state assembly requires endorsement by at least 2/3 majority to pass a new act.
PAS does not command that number of seats even if they win in all the constituencies they contested!

I rather that my properties in M'sia devalued than seeing the peasants of all races & religions (Malays/Orang Asli, Indians, Chinese, Dayaks, Kadazans) suffering under current regime.

I am not a hardcore opposition supporter, I feel grateful for what Najib has done to be Prime Minister for all Malaysians.
But he does not want to eradicate those extremists/racists in UMNO under Dr.Monster's influence, evidently shown by fielding joker like Zulkifri Nordin just to please the group that advocates Malay supremacy.

Being a Buddist/Chinese Malaysian, ever since I was old enough to be eligible to vote (Yr-2004) - I never failed to vote for PAS.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi dude,

Pls show respect to Islam (the official religion of Malaysia), what's wrong for Malaysia being a Islamic nation since most people in this country are Islam followers. As long non-muslims are exempted from Hudud law, what is the difference then?

Your idol - Dr.Monster already declared Malaysia an Islamic state long ago:eek:

Maybe the BN newspaper full page advert is correct.

A VOTE FOR DAP IS A VOTE FOR PAS AND ISLAMIC NATION. Many people not familar with Malaysia politics would insist an opposition rule in Johor is good in the long term.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you on this. Pakatan Rakyat has accepted this fact too, their primary goal is just to deny 2/3 majority for BN in Johor.

I very much doubt so because it can't be imposed on existing owners, but probably to new buyers, forbidding them to buy freehold properties. Anyway, I have faith that BN will still rule Johor come 06 May 2013.