• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The official OZ bashing thread.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The World's Worst Currency? Beware the A$.......

Hi! How's SG currency? Source mentioned that Ministry of Finance do planned to devalued S$? How reliable is the source??? Any expert care to share his view? Thanks!

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi! How's SG currency? Source mentioned that Ministry of Finance do planned to devalued S$? How reliable is the source??? Any expert care to share his view? Thanks!

singapore, like japan cannot afford domestic currency strength right now. its back to the old playbook and let the S$ devalue, but it wont be as spectucular as the fall of the australia

that fall is like a hollywood movie.

hee hee

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Australia's Homeless: A National Epidemic?

Help is at hand.
Mission Australia welcomes Homelessness Revolution
Monday, 22 December 2008 08:42

Mission Australia – one of the largest providers of services to homeless people in the country – has welcomed the Rudd Government’s White Paper strategy on tackling homelessness calling it “the most significant development in homeless policy in almost 25 years.”

Speaking at the launch of the White Paper by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd – held at the charity’s Sydney homeless service, the Mission Australia Centre – Mission Australia CEO, Toby Hall, said the report offered hope to thousands of homeless people and those at risk of homelessness.

“The White Paper offers the chance of a revolutionary change in the way we tackle this problem – and it’s just as well because nothing short of a revolution will help turn the growing tide of homelessness in Australia,” said Mr Hall.
“There’s no question that, in broad terms, the country’s approach towards helping people out of homelessness has failed.

“Despite almost two decades of unequalled economic prosperity, the number of homeless people as a percentage of the overall population hasn’t changed. And among some groups – such as people sleeping rough on the street and homeless families – numbers have actually increased. This is shameful – any level of homelessness is unacceptable.

“The fault lies in an over-reliance on an under-resourced crisis accommodation system and not enough emphasis on preventing homelessness in the first place.

“In response, this is a statement of intent to reform the system by focussing on prevention, improving and expanding programs, offering more support to those already in homelessness and demanding that mainstream services – such as employment, health and education – share the responsibility of tackling this problem.

“Backed up by long-term vision and a downpayment of $1.2 billion over the next four years we have a real chance of significantly reducing the number of homeless people in this country.

“Mission Australia is heartened to see so many of our own recommendations contained in the White Paper – particularly with its emphasis on prevention.

“Prevention is critical in reducing homeless numbers. Getting in early before individuals and families get caught in a cycle of homelessness is crucial – once a person becomes entrenched in homelessness it’s very hard to get them out.

Too many of the people Mission Australia helps have become homeless after exiting a government system – public housing, mental health services or prison. This is, for the most part, avoidable and it’s pleasing to see a commitment to ending this.

“We’re also glad to see a firm set of ambitious but achievable targets for reducing homelessness. Australia has never had targets for reducing homeless numbers before – targets are absolutely essential if we’re going to be able to measure our progress at bringing homeless numbers down.

“I call on governments, charities and businesses to do everything to reach these targets ahead of schedule – for example, I’d like to see us in a position to offer all rough sleepers accommodation well before 2020.

“One aspect of the report which is very close to Mission Australia is a commitment to developing more ‘wrap around’ services for those deeply entrenched in homelessness. By ‘wrap around’ we mean services that are complementary to accommodation support and which are essential to getting homeless people back on their feet.

“Getting out of homelessness – and staying out – is about more than just having a roof over your head. It’s also about being able to participate in your community; having the capacity to find and keep a job, to cook and clean for yourself and to look after your health.

“To achieve this, homeless people need help, not just with housing, but also with dental and psychological health, personal hygiene, literacy and numeracy, self-esteem and fitness.

“But unfortunately, in the current system, where these sorts of supports exist they are usually fragmented, uncoordinated, and have long waiting lists.

“Mission Australia has been pioneering wrap around services with two of its Sydney homeless initiatives – the Mission Australia Centre and the Michael Project. Clients have access not only to accommodation and intensive case management but everything ranging from training in computer skills, cooking classes and access to gym equipment.

“These supports are ‘wrapped around’ the accommodation so no one falls through the cracks.

“We’re also investing heavily in the research behind these initiatives so we can ensure we’re making a difference and getting better outcomes – and I’m glad to see the government’s recognition of the importance of homeless data collection and analysis through its commitment to setting up a national homelessness research strategy.

“Finally, we sincerely welcome the fact that in very difficult economic times the government has found the resources to target this issue.

“This is the best opportunity the nation has had in almost 25 years to tackle this problem and we need to grab it with both hands.
“We must arrive at a situation in this country where homelessness is considered absolutely unacceptable – not something we tolerate as ‘just one of those things’ – and we all have a responsibility to help reach that goal: governments, community organisations and corporate Australia,” said Mr Hall.

Media inquiries: Paul Andrews 0409 665 495

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Australia's Homeless: A National Epidemic?

With rent subsidies and welfare payments form Centrelink, Oz should not have any homeless people. The main problems especially with the Ang Mohs are drinking and drugs. If these two are not here, the numbers will be much lower than most places. At least the Oz govt acknowledges that there are homeless people who need help unlike the Sinkee govt being the worst government in the world that closes its eyes and cliams that there are no poor people in the dot.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With rent subsidies and welfare payments form Centrelink, Oz should not have any homeless people. The main problems especially with the Ang Mohs are drinking and drugs. If these two are not here, the numbers will be much lower than most places. At least the Oz govt acknowledges that there are homeless people who need help unlike the Sinkee govt being the worst government in the world that closes its eyes and cliams that there are no poor people in the dot.

Life is to easy for these people.
The govt has done its part to provide a means for decent living. (Bear in mind that all these programmes are funded by taxpayers money)
But some people just blew up their chances.

There will be some people who do not seize the opportunties in front of them ... their minds are fixed on their own self destruction - Doesn't that remind you of that cockroach running around this forum

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Life is to easy for these people.
The govt has done its part to provide a means for decent living. (Bear in mind that all these programmes are funded by taxpayers money)
But some people just blew up their chances.

There will be some people who do not seize the opportunties in front of them ... their minds are fixed on their own self destruction - Doesn't that remind you of that cockroach running around this forum

Of course. This loser cockroach shockshit is just in denial. He knows that he could not migrate anywhere because he doesn't have the money, the qualifications or most importantly any balls. As such, being in denial in Sinkeeland, with full of jealousy for those of us who have successfully made it, he is under the payroll of the corrupted PAP government to post craps about Oz here under multiple nicks. But most of his posts are so stupid. I think his PAP masters could do themselves a favor by sending someone more capable. Most of us are bored with al his spams and rubbish and if you observe, I dont waste my time responding to any of his or his multiple nick's posts these days. Let this retarded cockroach just go on talking to himself. :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Melbourne, one of the World's most Expensive and Dangerous Cities

and its full of badly behaved PAP trained subprime singaporeans. thats yet another reason to avoid. yikes.

KNS... I agree with you ! The local govt in Brisbane counter sue me !! ~!@#$%^& !!.. If i lose, I'm going to pay for their legal fee est about $20k.. big trouble..

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Melbourne, one of the World's most Expensive and Dangerous Cities

KNS... I agree with you ! The local govt in Brisbane counter sue me !! ~!@#$%^& !!.. If i lose, I'm going to pay for their legal fee est about $20k.. big trouble..

the fact you are suing in the first place shows us your true life in australia. enough said.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Report:80% of Muslims Have Experienced Racism/Attack in Australia, Feel Unsafe

I am sure the muslims here are disgusted the racism in Australia.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Australia's Homeless: A National Epidemic

there are whole cardbox cities in australia. what do you expect when the smallest 431K house requires 104K income?

They are very quiet on how much money it takes to buy an average house in Australia

Most Australians dont make 104,000 per year

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Australia is in a Recession according to JP Morgan Sydney

ohhh yes. just watch the toilet paper australian dollar in 2009 and 2010.

hee hee

It is really surprising how strong the US is right now, must have something to do with the world's reserve currency

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Report:80% of Muslims Have Experienced Racism/Attack in Australia, Feel Unsafe

I am sure the muslims here are disgusted the racism in Australia.

when 80% of them are getting spat on, says alot about australia, and why its the worst country in the world.

hee hee

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal

i forgot to mention the australia dollar crashed yet again in the last few days. went from .70 to .66 just like that.

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal

i forgot to mention the australia dollar crashed yet again in the last few days. went from .70 to .66 just like that.

and i also need not point out the US is showing undue strength when other world currencies are crashing, like the australian toilet paper dollar

you can be assured of stability with 13 trillion US liquid dollars sitting idle WORLDWIDE - and people feeling safe with their US$ instead of banana republic worthless currencies like the australian worthless dollar

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Australia is in a Recession according to JP Morgan Sydney

It is really surprising how strong the US is right now, must have something to do with the world's reserve currency

as i just mentioned, when the equity and commodity markets collapsed recently everyone liquidated and put their trust in the US dollar. too bad for australia

hee hee