• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Legend of Bruce Lee

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the truth about Bruce bed that Betty and die in her apartment , how come is not shown in the drama The Legend of Bruce Lee..

I believe all the Chinese in Asia today really want to know the truth up to today , the real reason which Bruce Lee die... and the stories about Betty quarrel with Linda, this was also not shown in the drama either...??:confused:

You are indeed stubborn & one-track mind.
Why not shown in the drama ..... as u said, it is a drama not 'factual documentary of his life'.

Some more drama is entitled 'Legend og...' - legends? as in myths & fables.
So can have artistic licence to shape the most perfect hero story with the support of the CCCP - to emphasize pride in being Chinese, all the virtues, chinese martial arts chauvinism etc.

Even i a fervent bruce lee fan find this 'drama' too sanitized & fictional ...

Whereas for your logic, if it is not shown in the drama, why? drama=truth, all the facts people mentioned here are rumours?!

That's is why, no offence, reading materials like books & biographies will give you a truer picture - if that is what you are really after.

But if you want to cling to a perfect virtuous image of Bruce Lee, it is also within your rights to buy the drama TOTALLY.

Cheers.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TV series of The Legend of Bruce Lee: This drama is coming to an end.

I am very sad to see Bruce Lee die. so any brothers here really believe Bruce Lee die in the Taiwan actress house after sex with her, she also passed him some medicine after he complain to her about headache..

If this is so , its not shown in the drama at all, and what i know from the drama, is Burce Lee die cause of daily tiredness of acting and directing his drama , such as first of Fury , the big boss, game of death... He not enough rest and this leads to headaches .. Doctors in Hong Kong advise him to go for full medical check up in USA.. he refused to listen .. if he listen , he may not have die..and he also did not take any medication in the process.. this leads to his headache become worse...

I believe Bruce Lee is faithful to his wife Linda as shown in the drama : The Legend of Bruce Lee.. He is not a man who goes for woman and keeps mistress.. I cant believe this..:confused:

Brothers,, please give your opinion on this !!

Listen up, i'm also a great fan of Bruce but unlike you, I can separate reel from real. Bruce was a greater fighter but not as great as the media made him out to be simply because there is no concrete proof of his prowess except in his movies.
Whether or not Bruce had been unfaithful is anybody's guess. No point analysing. Anyway, it's already history so why bother? In any case, it nothing unsusual for film stars to play the field. I'll bet he did. Having said that, it doesnt mean he didnt love his wife. As to why the drama didnt include his tryst with Betty is perhaps due to legal implications? Anyway, dramas are meant to dramatize and are usually an inaccurate portrayal of the subject.
And I dont think Bruce was racist but rather, he felt some bitterness about being discriminated against.

hiker

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the truth about Bruce bed that Betty and die in her apartment , how come is not shown in the drama The Legend of Bruce Lee..

I believe all the Chinese in Asia today really want to know the truth up to today , the real reason which Bruce Lee die... and the stories about Betty quarrel with Linda, this was also not shown in the drama either...??:confused:

I have no idea what is being shown on the drama series actually. i dont follow it and i also wont take it as a complete truth of bruce lee. even the movie, Dragon:the bruce lee story, is not in details and is not exactly the truth to it.

what i know about bruce lee are all based on the books written by himself or by his close friends. even the books may not provide the entire truth actually. but whatever it is, the writers will not distort the truth with the risk of getting sued etc. moreover, these books had been written with the consultation of his wife so i think the books holds some credibility.

i did not say bruce lee had slept with betty ting but bruce lee was at her place the moment he fell into a coma. there are printed records from the hospital to prove that the ambulance was called to betty ting's address and not his home as initially reported. it was also verified by raymond chow that all three of them were supposed to have a discussion at betty ting's apartment that very day. the cover up was maybe due to the fact that bruce lee had taken a nap at her bedroom after taking painkillers. maybe they all felt that it was not nice to let the public know that bruce lee was at another woman's house alone. the hk media have never been kind towards such scandals till this day so i think they were trying to protect his image.

if the public is really keen to know more about bruce lee, i guess they should have read all the books about him and get more details from there. movies are made to entertain and to be frank, i think its not the place to find out the actual truths. the movie also showed that bruce lee hurt his back from a fight and was told by the doctors that he canot practice martial arts again. but in actual fact, he hurt his back by over exerting his weight lifting training.

i guess if you are really keen and interestedto know more about this man, start reading the books and find out the details. the movies are just for general entertainment to me.

cheers

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bruce lee's cause of death has been discussed and speculated too many times over the 38 years. The cause of brain swelling was also attributed to the number of challengers he had. i read that karate and tae kwon do experts would go to his set to 'work' with him on the movies. Instead of sticking to the cheorographed moves, they would punch or kick him for real during filming or rehearsal. Of course, Bruce lee being Bruce lee, sucked it up and got them back on the next take.
Before he died, one korean tkd blackbelt actor actually kick Bruce's head very hard and he had headaches since then.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the movie also showed that bruce lee hurt his back from a fight and was told by the doctors that he canot practice martial arts again. but in actual fact, he hurt his back by over exerting his weight lifting training.

yes this is what i read too. Bruce became very interested in weight lifting after realising he lacked muscle endurance during the challenge from other chinatown martial art schools. He developed his own weight training moves and with some help from a welder, even invented some training machines. Very very smart man.

His body was also in excellent shape. Look at the man's forearm. They say it was solid like a baseball bat. During filming of green hornet, all the americans lost to him at wrist wrestling. That's how fit he was.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LEGENDS - MYTHS - FABLES - COMICS - COMPUTER GAMES : BIG BUSINESS .....

seung-gun_brucelee4.jpg
bruceleegameofdeath1bestof2007.jpg
1.jpg
DHKF14-01+fc.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His body was also in excellent shape. Look at the man's forearm. They say it was solid like a baseball bat. During filming of green hornet, all the americans lost to him at wrist wrestling. That's how fit he was.

Caucasians may be taller and bulkier. But look at Bruce Lee showing off his winged-V. Completely out of proportion relative to waistline ever achieved by any caucasian or any human being of any race.

http://sg.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0zvmR5bpLmQQAV4Yu4gt./SIG=12g1t0ts6/EXP=1270626065/**http%3a//www.thaimokit.com/photo/Poster/1_Bruce_Lee/2250-1.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caucasians may be taller and bulkier. But look at Bruce Lee showing off his winged-V. Completely out of proportion relative to waistline ever achieved by any caucasian or any human being of any race.

http://sg.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0zv...mokit.com/photo/Poster/1_Bruce_Lee/2250-1.jpg

his training regime was very intense and focused on muscle density, not bulk. Bruce lee could not be big like Bolo yeung or Conan lee since he had to be very fast.
btw, Bruce lee was a eurasian. True that he hated the colonial masters but he was very clever to manipulate the chinese sentiments for his Hk movie career.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is half german. That's why he is also respected in germany. He married an angmoh wife partly because he is half angmoh.
He seems a serious and bitter man on screen. But in real life, he is humorous and witty. His chinese patriotism in HK movies is a response to the discrimination he went through during his television acting days in hollywood.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't credit Bruce too much for his input into his early blockbuster roles ... those roles in 'The Big Boss' & 'Fist of Fury' reflect the tempo of the times in HK cinema scene where coming out of the Cultural Revolution with the raging Vietnam War & end of colonialism .... the prevailing mood favours such a heroic theme for the xenophobic Chinese with lots of angst against angmos.

No doubt Bruce Lee had his fair share of angst in Hollywood having found fame as Kato & bittely losing the 'Kung Fu' lead to David Carradin. But personally, unlike in the China Drama 'Legend of Bruce Lee', Bruce doesn't have any hang-up being a discriminated Chink with a chip on his shoulder.

When those chauvinistic roles created huge HK & SEA box offices, Bruce itched to be in control eventually directing & acting in his 3rd film 'Enter the Dragon'.

Fans often confuse his screen persona & his real self - which wasn't surprising.

Everybody loves a hero - loves to have a hero.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TV series of The Legend of Bruce Lee: This drama is coming to an end.

I am very sad to see Bruce Lee die. so any brothers here really believe Bruce Lee die in the Taiwan actress house after sex with her, she also passed him some medicine after he complain to her about headache..

If this is so , its not shown in the drama at all, and what i know from the drama, is Burce Lee die cause of daily tiredness of acting and directing his drama , such as first of Fury , the big boss, game of death... He not enough rest and this leads to headaches .. Doctors in Hong Kong advise him to go for full medical check up in USA.. he refused to listen .. if he listen , he may not have die..and he also did not take any medication in the process.. this leads to his headache become worse...

I believe Bruce Lee is faithful to his wife Linda as shown in the drama : The Legend of Bruce Lee.. He is not a man who goes for woman and keeps mistress.. I cant believe this..:confused:

Brothers,, please give your opinion on this !!

Bro Kiko.. last night did you dream of screwing that meaty Qin Xiaoman ?

The drama ended in the way all audience wanted to see ... :wink:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Kiko.. last night did you dream of screwing that meaty Qin Xiaoman ?

The drama ended in the way all audience wanted to see ... :wink:

YEZZZZ YEZZZZ YEZZZZ

I first caught this drama series on NTV7 (M'sian Channel) then a 2nd time on Ch8 Sun mornings .... this time did not.

What's memorable :- this HK actor 陈国坤 most resemble Bruce Lee in all these years of Bruce impersonation (e.g. jason scott lee, li xiu xian, david wu etc)

Some more the Linda here is really boobsy - the real linda thin & not so voluptuous.

Other than that, even for a fan & chinese, i find the exaggerated patriotism overdone & the many changes in storyline untruthful.

But when it was released in China, it caused a stir for the young - CCCP objectives met :biggrin: !

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
YEZZZZ YEZZZZ YEZZZZ

I first caught this drama series on NTV7 (M'sian Channel) then a 2nd time on Ch8 Sun mornings .... this time did not.

What's memorable :- this HK actor 陈国坤 most resemble Bruce Lee in all these years of Bruce impersonation (e.g. jason scott lee, li xiu xian, david wu etc)

Some more the Linda here is really boobsy - the real linda thin & not so voluptuous.

Other than that, even for a fan & chinese, i find the exaggerated patriotism overdone & the many changes in storyline untruthful.

But when it was released in China, it caused a stir for the young - CCCP objectives met :biggrin: !

This drama was filmed in 2007 & due out in 2008 in HK & mainland China.

Danny Chan 陈国坤 instead acted Bruce Lee alive :biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
ironically, CCP now choose to promote the man whom they tries to disassociate with after the cultural revolution. If bruce is alive today, I think he will crush the CCP under his feet. Their philosophy is so different. One adopt openess and free flow of information. The other opt for total control and restrict the flow of information.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
ironically, CCP now choose to promote the man whom they tries to disassociate with after the cultural revolution. If bruce is alive today, I think he will crush the CCP under his feet. Their philosophy is so different. One adopt openess and free flow of information. The other opt for total control and restrict the flow of information.

Well said :biggrin:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bruce Lee actor, Chan Kwok Kwan, was most known (at least to me) for his role in Kungfu Hustle. Most memorable was his Axe dance.

As an off, Stephen Chow was funny in the past in a 3 Stooges way, all slapsticks, but is really coming into his own with Kungfu Hustle, although I'm a little disappointed with his cartoonish CJ-7. I'm looking forward for Kungfu Hustle 2.

Attachments

• BruceLee.jpg
    BruceLee.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally i watched the last 2 clip of the legend of bruce lee... Bruce Lee fight with Huang Bi xiao zi,, really no fight despite the first time fight in US. then later on Bruce Lee go and meet up with Qin Xiao Man at her teahouse which she open . She told Bruce lee that she she invested all her money through her acting career.. into this teahouse. She say in this teahouse is quiet, its good place for actors and director to come here to discuss movies scripts..

She told Bruce Lee, what if she never marry other man , never go into acting career , when Bruce Lee left for USA for the first time, if she leave together with him,, they may had been together.. Later on Qin xiao man bring Bruce Lee to another room to discusss with the director on the scrip. Then hours passed , suddenly while still discusiing on the next movie, Bruce Lee complain of headache , he told Qian xiao man , he pain and he lie down on the sofa , then Qin xiao Man gave him pain killer, Bruce took it without any water... then Bruce Lee cant wake up, when Qin xiao man try to wake him up . later on Bruce was send to the hospital

Linda rush to the hospital, Bruce was dead...Bruce's death rock the whole Hong Kong...

This later shows the end of the drama...

After watching it,, i am very sad too:(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Bruce Lee actor, Chan Kwok Kwan, was most known (at least to me) for his role in Kungfu Hustle. Most memorable was his Axe dance.

Thanks for remembering that and sharing. I was wondering why this guy look so familar in a sense other than his resemblance to Bruce Lee.

As an off, Stephen Chow was funny in the past in a 3 Stooges way, all slapsticks, but is really coming into his own with Kungfu Hustle, although I'm a little disappointed with his cartoonish CJ-7. I'm looking forward for Kungfu Hustle 2.

From God Of Cookery and King Of Comedy, Stephen Chow moved from straight slapstick comedy to the realm of artistically loaded tragi-comedy. Not only for laughs but for tears as well. Kung Fu Hustle marked another peak in that art, yes. The use of that song If Only Live For You A Day, classic.