• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Legend of Bruce Lee

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TV series of The Legend of Bruce Lee: This drama is coming to an end.

I am very sad to see Bruce Lee die. so any brothers here really believe Bruce Lee die in the Taiwan actress house after sex with her, she also passed him some medicine after he complain to her about headache..

If this is so , its not shown in the drama at all, and what i know from the drama, is Burce Lee die cause of daily tiredness of acting and directing his drama , such as first of Fury , the big boss, game of death... He not enough rest and this leads to headaches .. Doctors in Hong Kong advise him to go for full medical check up in USA.. he refused to listen .. if he listen , he may not have die..and he also did not take any medication in the process.. this leads to his headache become worse...

I believe Bruce Lee is faithful to his wife Linda as shown in the drama : The Legend of Bruce Lee.. He is not a man who goes for woman and keeps mistress.. I cant believe this..:confused:

Brothers,, please give your opinion on this !!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe Bruce Lee is faithful to his wife Linda as shown in the drama : The Legend of Bruce Lee.. He is not a man who goes for woman and keeps mistress.. I cant believe this..:confused:

Brothers,, please give your opinion on this !!

U can keep yr 'beliefs'.
To know more, read - dun watch movies...
hero he is but no saint .... as for the TV show, Legend ! Know what a legend is .... :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Half of what the drama series projected are exaggerations and romanticizations, both in terms of Bruce Lee's real life adventures and personality. However, bear in mind, the other half is true.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admire Bruce Lee like what shown his drama for his willingless to convert Yong Chun to Jeet Kun Do .. and spread the art of Chinese Gong Fu To USA. And if he is a person who wants to keep misress , womanise .. he would already want to keep his ex gal friend Qin xiao man as his mistress .. or even sex with her, when Qin xiao man hug him from behind in the drama...

Despite all these , Bruce Lee resist all temptation , and he told his ex gal friend Qin xiao man , that he is already marry with a kid , and he loves his wife Linda and will be faithful to her.

For this reason, i believe Bruce Lee loves only his wife and no other woman.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Despite all these , Bruce Lee resist all temptation , and he told his ex gal friend Qin xiao man , that he is already marry with a kid , and he loves his wife Linda and will be faithful to her.

For this reason, i believe Bruce Lee loves only his wife and no other woman.

This is the part about personality that couldn't possibly be true. All his movies in his lifetime were Cat II (i.e. R(A)) featuring nude scenes. Singaporeans may not know that since they were censored.

He married Linda for the very obvious reason of status conscientiousness and inferiority complex, to prove that Chinese man could marry a Caucasian woman in an era that Pinkerton syndrome was rampant. He gave up any chance of sex with other women? Hard to believe unless pretend to be naive.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Ramseth : The reason why Bruce Lee marry Linda is because Linda is the only gal that understands his career , that Bruce wanted to spread the art of Yong Chun , open up Martial art school in USA and to the world.. this is his idea,... None of the gals in his life understands that, his ex gal friend qin xiao man , also dont understand him , thats why they never end up together in Hong kong .

Bruce Lee only loves his wife, where got time to think about sex, so busy with his martial art schools during his 20s in USA, and then 29-32 yrs old .. acting movies in hong kong!

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think you practise any martial arts am i rite? becos if you do, you wont waste your time talking about Bruise Lee's sex life

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Ramseth : The reason why Bruce Lee marry Linda is because Linda is the only gal that understands his career , that Bruce wanted to spread the art of Yong Chun , open up Martial art school in USA and to the world.. this is his idea,... None of the gals in his life understands that, his ex gal friend qin xiao man , also dont understand him , thats why they never end up together in Hong kong .

Bruce Lee only loves his wife, where got time to think about sex, so busy with his martial art schools during his 20s in USA, and then 29-32 yrs old .. acting movies in hong kong!

Apparently, you believe the Legend drama lock, stock and barrel. All Chinese girls couldn't understand a career to be built on Chinese martial arts and it took an American girl to understand it? I'm not disputing his martial art prowess and philosophy though. My dad practised what he thought to good effect, impressed or terrorized the neighborhood and underworld. But like master like disciple, my dad died young too.

Disclaimer: I don't claim my dad know Bruce Lee or his direct disciple. My dad was just a big fan, read up lots of stuff about Wing Chun, Inch Punch and Jeet Kune Do, then somehow figured it out and trained himself. His favorite tricks to impress neighbors, make an HDB wall shake with audible echo with an one-inch punch, and on Lunar New Year 8th/9th, crush sugar cane.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the part about personality that couldn't possibly be true. All his movies in his lifetime were Cat II (i.e. R(A)) featuring nude scenes. Singaporeans may not know that since they were censored.

He married Linda for the very obvious reason of status conscientiousness and inferiority complex, to prove that Chinese man could marry a Caucasian woman in an era that Pinkerton syndrome was rampant. He gave up any chance of sex with other women? Hard to believe unless pretend to be naive.

Bruce Lee's mother was an Eurasian, he has Caucasian blood. He was the cha cha champion of Hong Kong when he was young & an accomplished dancer, & romeo as well. He is no 'angel'...:biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I like about this show is that they invited real life martial artists to act as the real life sparring counterparts of bruce lee.
Names like Mark Dacascos, Ray Park, Gary Daniels, Ernest Miller and Michael Jai White.
Ray park is the darth maul in Star Wars Epsiode 1.
Gary Daniels is kenshiro in the Fist of the North Star Live action movie.
Mark Dacascos is Eric Draven in The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
Ernest Miller is Ernest "The Cat" Miller in WWE.
Michael Jai White is the spawn in the movie "spawn".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_bruce_lee

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Qin xiao man as his mistress .. or even sex with her, when Qin xiao man hug him from behind in the drama...
Bro kiko, unlike that CCB, I believe Bruce Lee's passion for martial arts is real - his prowess may not be as exaggerated as his legend but he can thrash CCB anytime ....

Kiko, it's obvious you are very impressed with this TV serial which has the support of the Chinese Communist Party. This serial was created with emphasis on Lee's pride as a Chinese & faithfulness etc - all propaganda ...

That's why I advised you to read his biography, read his life & times from internet etc but dun watch serials & films of his life - the latter are least accurate.

e.g. There is NO QIN XIAO MUN in his real life ... none.
When he won in demonstrations etc, he for sure never shouted: I am Zhong Guo Ren.

And he sure fucked around like any horny normal man....

Why can't u accept him as a human being & still respect him a lot?

Among the few facts that are real, the Jap disciple of Bruce Lee, Mura-san or something. That is real & most touching. According to the internet, this chap is so faithful, he has erected a small hut near Bruce Lee's burial plot & looks after the plot to this day ..... that's his #1 FAN. :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among the few facts that are real, the Jap disciple of Bruce Lee, Mura-san or something. That is real & most touching. According to the internet, this chap is so faithful, he has erected a small hut near Bruce Lee's burial plot & looks after the plot to this day ..... that's his #1 FAN. :cool:

Yes, the part about Taky Kimura is real.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the dialogue got changed in dubbing but Bruce Lee is perceived to be very cocky, arrogant and self-centered guy throughout the show.

In the show, he often tell his ang moh wife how racist the Americans are, how he is going to beat ang moh asses to show how superior Chinese or rather he is. I think he is a racist too and a very bitter man from the show.

The show was very entertaining to watch overall.

used to think Bruce Lee is like Jackie Chan, a marital artist acrobat. Now I know Lee is more than that.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro kiko, unlike that CCB, I believe Bruce Lee's passion for martial arts is real - his prowess may not be as exaggerated as his legend but he can thrash CCB anytime ....

hahahhaha, you must have been assfucked by Bruise Lee's ghost, your head is stuck so far up his ass that your mouth is filled with his shit :biggrin:

hiker

Alfrescian
Loyal
i read a fair bit of bruce lee and the various versions of his biography. he is someone i respect alot and i think its necessary for me to make this virgin post to clear some doubts.

the one thing that is true is that he died from brain swelling. there was a cover up of from the hospital from where he was picked up by the ambulance. the fact is that he was at betty ting's apartment(not at home as reported) and it was betty ting who gave bruce lee her painkillers after he complained of headache. they were supposed to have a discussion together with raymond chow who was late from a traffic jam. there are documental evidence to it which is available from books. betty ting was labelled public enemy when the whole hk learned about it and she was forced into hiding for a few years before emerging again on cat3 movies.

there were also occasional quarrels with his wife over his affairs which was not shown in the movie or serials about him. he was definitely like any other regular guy who screws around.

if you read in depth about bruce lee, he was more of a thinker, a philosopher. he held his first speech during his teenage years in the university of washington on chinese philosophy. during his entire life, he would scribble on whatever he can find, notepads, small pieces of papers or whatever he can find of his thoughts about everything, kung-fu, life, family or whatever. after his death, his long time friend who happens to be a publisher decided to work together with linda lee to compile all these notes into a book. you can find all of it under the publisher 'john little'. the first book that bruce lee actually released was only about fighting techniques etc. if i can recall, he completed it when he took a long break after hurting his back frm over exertions from weight liftings.

bruce lee maintained a rigorous training regime to make sure his fitnes level is at its best. he read alot about other martial arts and realised that a fixed 'style' is not effective in realistic fights. in fact, after all the arguements, he had never said he was the best or whatever. he merely maintained his beliefs that the freedom to express oneself through martial arts is the way to acheiving better results. that is also why he offended so many martial artists when he insists that his theory is better during his demos or speeches at various competitions etc.

bruce lee was a great fighter but not the best in the world. no documentary proof about it. however, there is no point comparing who is better or which style is more superior. it wasnt his fighting skills that inspired many people till this day. it was his intelligence, thoughts and philosophies that gained the respect of many people all over the world.

yes, his fighting skills made him popular, but it was his philosophies that gained him the all the respect till this day.

cheers

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the truth about Bruce bed that Betty and die in her apartment , how come is not shown in the drama The Legend of Bruce Lee..

I believe all the Chinese in Asia today really want to know the truth up to today , the real reason which Bruce Lee die... and the stories about Betty quarrel with Linda, this was also not shown in the drama either...??:confused: