• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
BN have formed Federal Gov

We are already vested and just hope both Najib and LKS are both pragmatic and progress minded leaders to continue the success of Iskandar.

Just got to make the best of the situation as we run away from the expensive Sg and hopes to retire elsewhere where cost is lower.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are already vested and just hope both Najib and LKS are both pragmatic and progress minded leaders to continue the success of Iskandar.

Just got to make the best of the situation as we run away from the expensive Sg and hopes to retire elsewhere where cost is lower.

Why let other enjoy the seeds of your labour? Doesn't make sense.

Why pap upgrade hougang and potong pasir last?

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all blks in Potong Pasir gets its upgrading, they will vote for opposition again , and other constituency also gone! If they still want to make more ROJAK out of Singaporeans then goodbye to them and their highest salaries in the entire universe!

Along the same line, will BN federal government continue to develop iskander to benefit rojak johor? Or will rojak johor dap+spiritual pas+pkr work together to attract investments when the johoreans entrust them to control spiraling costs? u decide.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays vote BN, Chinese vote oppositions. This country is always conflict in races. Remember why Malaysia is called Malaysia !!!! Because it belongs to the Malays in those great great great grand grand grand Father's Day !!!!

No Chinese cabinet minister. Chinese interest not priority now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Never wavered throughout and never doubted halfway down the road but just slept early yesterday. Have not seen the results yet, just got woken up by calls though. Let me check on the results.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malays vote BN, Chinese vote oppositions. This country is always conflict in races. Remember why Malaysia is called Malaysia !!!! Because it belongs to the Malays in those great great great grand grand grand Father's Day !!!!

It is call MALAYA.

They change to MalaySIa because of Singapore joining Malaya to become one country.

After Singapore got kick put, Malaya decide to remain Malaysia.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always maintained my belief that the Malays will always have better benefits than the other 2 minority races and I have accepted this fact. You can call it their entitlement as it is after all, their motherland. Now that the BN is very dissatisfied with the Chinese population in this GE, I think in the foreseeable future, more Chinese will emigrate. Also, they will make it harder for the local Chinese business communities to thrive in this country.

My worst fear is since Najib's victory is now worse than the 2008 election, he may be ousted within a year, just like Badawi. Thereafter, the DPM Muhyiddin Yassin will come in and this will be the second blow to the minority races. The result of this GE is not going to be a good prospect for this country for the next 5 years at least.

Last edited:

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always maintained my belief that the Malays will always have better benefits than the other 2 minority races and I have accepted this fact. You can call it their entitlement as it is after all, their motherland. Now that the BN is very dissatisfied with the Chinese population in this GE, I think in the foreseeable future, more Chinese will emigrate. Also, they will make it harder for the local Chinese business communities to thrive in this country.

My worst fear is since Najib's victory is now worse than the 2008 election, he may be ousted within a year, just like Badawi. Thereafter, the DPM Muhyiddin Yassin will come in and this will be the second blow to the minority races. The result of this GE is not going to be a good prospect for this country for the next 5 years at least.

More Malaysia chinese will emigrate/work in sg to escape bn. More sgreans will live in jb to escape miw or to escape rising cost of living, sg pressures, policies causes by miw. Such is the irony of life. The grass is always greener on the other side.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Malaysia chinese will emigrate/work in sg to escape bn. More sgreans will live in jb to escape miw or to escape rising cost of living, sg pressures, policies causes by miw. Such is the irony of life. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I thought the Johoreans are having the best of both world by earning strong Sing dollars in Singapore and living in a cheaper environment in Johor just 1 hour away from their workplace in Singapore. What many Singaporeans are doing now is just replicating what the Johoreans have been doing for decades by spending a cheaper and more relaxing weekend in Johor.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem is with MCA who is no longer seen as a strong champion of the Chinese community.

Perhaps, Najib would need to find a way to fill this void. Alienating the Chinese is not going to help as Malaysia is currently trying to woo China itself. Already, there's significant money pouring into many states from the Mainland and any hint of antagonism towards the Chinese race would not help the investment drive!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The problem is with MCA who is no longer seen as a strong champion of the Chinese community.

Perhaps, Najib would need to find a way to fill this void. Alienating the Chinese is not going to help as Malaysia is currently trying to woo China itself. Already, there's significant money pouring into many states from the Mainland and any hint of antagonism towards the Chinese race would not help the investment drive!

There may yet be a day when the dominant languages in the region be replaced by another tongue. I finally understand why another neighbouring country has changed its stance towards a certain country so drastically recently and have been vying with Malaysia/Singapore to get more such investments in.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I thought the Johoreans are having the best of both world by earning strong Sing dollars in Singapore and living in a cheaper environment in Johor just 1 hour away from their workplace in Singapore. What many Singaporeans are doing now is just replicating what the Johoreans have been doing for decades by spending a cheaper and more relaxing weekend in Johor.

Yes, reversing roles. Covered in LIJB Part 1. Definitely not in the same vein as besieging Wei to save Zhao though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
After fearing a. and then realising it didn't come true, then we move on to fearing b. and so on.
I refuse to let fear control my life as nothing in life is guaranteed, many work on the illusion of trying to get enough money and then they retire.

Thinking that having enough money by itself is their safety net only to realise it was but a mirage. It is a network of those around you, your connections and the investments that you have made in yourself as well as that of others, not just physical wealth that is important.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Najib is having a lot of pressure now from UMNO as Chinese voters had abandoned BN. There's a big increase in UMNO MPs and big increase in DAP MPs.
MCA had stated that they will not accept any posts in the new Government. So it is BN Government without any Chinese input.
Let's hope that the Chinese related policies eg education, new villages, small time businesses, etc would be dished out by BN would not be lopsided favoring the Malays.

rockyB

Alfrescian
Loyal
with so called racial lines now, any thoughts on how will property investment be affected in iskandar?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
with so called racial lines now, any thoughts on how will property investment be affected in iskandar?

Overall, investments will still be strong since the political leader is still BN. If BN were to go after the Chinese votes, then the policies (e.g. meritocracy) and environment (e.g. more Chinese schools) will be even more conducive for investors.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not matter Najib or Anwar or whoever. Any PM who pursues abolishment or reduction of bumiputra benefits risk losing support from the 65% bumiputras voters. Let's face it this is a Malay country, let the bumiputra benefits remain. The Chinese are all doing quite well aren't they?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Property activities set to pick up again

INVESTORS prefer stability to uncertainty. So with the Malaysian general election out of the way, investors are likely to make their way back into the market across the Causeway.
Consultants are confident that Malaysia's economic transformation programme will continue. This will pump some US$440 billion (S$541 billion) into sectors such as oil and gas, tourism, financial services and urban infrastructure.
This bodes well for all investments, not least for the property market which has been a little subdued in the past two months.
Activity is likely to pick up again now, analysts said.
"Now that the election is out of the way, the property market appears to be re-energised and we are confident of seeing substantial gains over the next three years in both Peninsular and East Malaysia," said Mr Christopher Boyd, executive chairman of CB Richard Ellis.
However, this may not have an immediate impact on values, he added, as there will likely be a corresponding rise in supply from developers who held back new releases ahead of the election.
"From the third quarter onwards, we anticipate that continued high liquidity, additional public expenditure on infrastructure and renewed confidence in the future will all combine to bring residential property values to new highs," he said.
Mr Alex Bellingham, director of property consultancy IP Global, is also bullish, saying: "Malaysia has the second-lowest property prices in South-east Asia on a per sq ft basis."
Consultants see good prospects for property in Klang Valley, which includes Kuala Lumpur and its suburbs.
"There are a couple of launches coming up in the KL city centre area, such as Platinum Park," noted Mr Brian Koh, the head of research and consultancy at DTZ Malaysia.
He expects Malaysian property prices to rise by 5 per cent to 10 per cent a year over the next few years, with the steepest increases in the Klang Valley market.
"We haven't seen a lot of launches around KLCC in the past year and a half, so this ... should be quite exciting."
Mr Boyd agreed, saying there are still plenty of prime units in the Klang Valley that can be picked up on the cheap.
"Bargain hunters should be looking at areas like Mont Kiara, where condo prices have lagged in response to a very full supply picture," he said, referring to the affluent township just outside the KL city centre.
"In addition, almost any reasonably well-located terraced house in the Klang Valley under RM1 million (S$414,000) is worth considering. Don't forget foreigners are permitted to buy landed property."
Many Singaporean investors have been keen on Iskandar. Although prices there have doubled in the past two years, analysts warn it is an untested market.
"Who will rent the houses in Iskandar? Will it be easy to sell the units in future? Long-term liquidity is still a concern," said Mr Bellingham.
Mr Koh agreed, saying the price rises in Iskandar might not be backed by fundamentals.
"I would say Klang Valley continues to be fundamentally strong, while Iskandar is more speculative at the moment, at least until commercial activities become more established," he added.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/money/story/property-activities-set-pick-again-20130511

Last edited: