• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some very rough estimates and pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Condos in woodlands area is about 750~850psf.
HDB in Woodlands area is about 350~400psf
S$350~400psf is about RM$875~1000psf.

Therefore to buy a unit in JB at >RM$1000 psf is quite risky.
Especially if it is for rental cash flows.
With Mr Khaw saying, HDB intend to lower new BTO prices.
The risk is even higher.

What do all of you think?? Please offer your opinions.
Thanks

BTO price is different from resale price. $1000 psf RM is okay if u like e location n for own stay. For investment it is riskier. Better to buy resale if target is for rental.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some very rough estimates and pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Condos in woodlands area is about 750~850psf.
HDB in Woodlands area is about 350~400psf
S$350~400psf is about RM$875~1000psf.

Therefore to buy a unit in JB at >RM$1000 psf is quite risky.
Especially if it is for rental cash flows.
With Mr Khaw saying, HDB intend to lower new BTO prices.
The risk is even higher.

What do all of you think?? Please offer your opinions.
Thanks
Condos in Woodlands is 99 leasehold unlike JBCBD properties which is freehold. Somemore, none of these is within walking distance from Woodlands MRT.
HDB cannot be sold to foreigners/singles<35 years old. and a no of restriction (shall not list here as it is lengthy)includes no rental for PRs. Pls visit the hdb website.

JBCBD properties can be freely sold and rented for international lots.

In term of rental, it could be risky for RM1,000 psf.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone heard of Danny Lim from Baron Properties? He has a co-developer investment scheme on danga residential development . Do you think can invest? Can it be a scam?

Targeted Selling price of* RM900 per/sqft
Minimum Investment required: RM450 psf (Price per square feet) * 200 sq ft (Minimum square feet for investment); RM90,000
Danga Marina Master Planning included, 227 acres of land that includes One Danga and 8 Danga.
Master planning incudes 2 (4 – 5 Stars) Hotels,* Fashion Colleges, Schools, 2 Shopping Malls, 2 km stretch of upmarket & trendy restaurants, pubs, cafes, Night festive markets, Marina Club, Town Shophouses, an Aesthetic Medical Center and great open spaces for fashion events. Do not miss this opportunity to be a developer !

Last edited by a moderator:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw that in the paper. The only reason why they are trying to find retail investor in co-developing is because first of all, they themself do not have the funds, can't get any other form of funding e.g bank loan, IPO, investment partners. That tells all. The deals look attractive at a glance. But if you consider the risks, etc , it may not be that attractive. If I want to paricipate in development, I will rather buy under-valued developer shares.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw that in the paper. The only reason why they are trying to find retail investor in co-developing is because first of all, they themself do not have the funds, can't get any other form of funding e.g bank loan, IPO, investment partners. That tells all. The deals look attractive at a glance. But if you consider the risks, etc , it may not be that attractive. If I want to paricipate in development, I will rather buy under-valued developer shares.

Thanks. The risks is indeed high . If all goes well, easily, the percentage gain is more than 100%. Danny lim is very confident that he can sell the condo at 1000+ psf . And the price that the investor paid is 450 psf.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No matter the outcome, i steadfastly stand by my beliefs and investments.
One must both win and lose graciously. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well said wuqi!!

Thank you sir, for someone who is a nobody like me, the sun will still rise tomorrow no matter the outcome today.
I have learned to take things easy and to stand by my decisions.

Though i never gamble but investments wise, i always have this view: 愿赌服输

Like a learned friend always said:

赢胜要漂亮
失败要精彩
- BHS

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Between Singapore and Malaysia, Boleh Land is still a far better place for one to seek one's fortunes. I stand with you on this!

Thank you kind sir, being deeply invested when the going is tough is never easy but we shall ride this through come what may.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bye BN, bye johor, bye iskander, bye foreigners buying, bye appreciating prices, lets return to the good old times where 3 warm meals will suffice

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor will turn into the new penang
Penang = all dap
Johor = dap + open-minded efficient pas + "we want johor to be the next singapore" pkr
Johor boleh

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will have to start worrying if Johor is better run n has improved security.

I think so. Can you imagine Johor turning into a magnet for investments like Penang? And then learn to take the businesses away from Singapore? Singapore always thrive with a low-end opponent but that is fast changing in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.