• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Radio DJ Chris Ho has kicked the bucket

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over the years, his image changed from a clean look to a punk look.

Radio and music veteran Chris Ho dies of stomach cancer​

dummy.gif

Chris Ho had been battling cancer for the past two months.

1632717091940.png

1632717117065.png

Chris Ho had been battling cancer for the past two months.
PHOTO: CHRIS HO/INSTAGRAM
eddino_abdul_hadi.png

Eddino Abdul Hadi
Music Correspondent

Sep 27, 2021

SINGAPORE - Radio veteran, singer, club DJ and writer Chris Ho died of stomach cancer on the morning of Sept 27.
A post on his Facebook page, as well as on radio station Mediacorp Gold 905's page, stated that he had been battling cancer for the past two months.
His death has sparked an outpouring of tributes from friends, fans and colleagues in the media and entertainment industry, many of whom were not aware that he was ill.
Ho, also known as X'Ho, was a presenter on Gold 905's evening drive-time show, Homestretch With Chris Ho, but it is understood that he had not been on air for several months.
He was an inspiration to many in the radio industry, says Bernard Lim, program director of radio stations Kiss 92 and ONE FM 91.3.
"Chris Ho has always been a mentor and inspiration to me. Many years ago, he roused my passion in radio and landed me my first freelance job in Rediffusion back in the 1980s.

"It is truly shocking and sad to hear the news. We have lost a great radio voice in Singapore."
As a singer, Ho was the frontman for Zircon Lounge, a 1980s band that has been credited as one of the pioneers of the alternative music scene in Singapore.
He has released several solo albums, including Singapore Uber Alles in 2011.
rk_skew-me-you-rebel_270921.jpg

Ho, also known as X'Ho, was a presenter on Gold 905's evening drive-time show, Homestretch With Chris Ho.
PHOTO: ST FILE

Ho also wrote about music and other subjects for publications such as The Straits Times and now-defunct music magazine BigO.
His books include Skew Me, You Rebel Meh? (1998), in which he wrote about socio-political issues in Singapore.
Ho was famously secretive about his age, but according to close friends, he was in his 60s when he died. He is survived by his mother.
A wake will be held at Ruby Room, Singapore Casket on Sept 27 from 6 to 11pm and from Sept 28 to 30, 11am to 11pm.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would say he and William Xavier are the only 2 DJs I would listen to including B. Richmond for the oldies section on Sunday mornings. The rest are all crap and talk cock.
Chris & William Xavier were alright. Brian's a regular bloke but for his silly M Cup commentary.:cautious:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still too young to go. Met him at Zouk some 17 years ago. Took the time to engage with some small talk with our group regarding music. Friendly humble chap. I remembered him telling us to listen to then new station Lush FM as he was just made a DJ there. From then on, I was converted to jazz, lounge, chill out music, a big difference to my past music interests of big beat, rave and drum and bass. RIP Chris.