• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The giant Green Spot bottle by the road -side.......

jw5

Loyal
Aiyoh, RC cola brings back good memories of drinking it with ice after pe or football played on basketball court during schooldays.
Thirst quenching but frankly, can't tell the difference between the different types of colas.

Fanta green not sure if banana, honeydew, pandan, mixed fruit or what, it tasted a little like cough mixture, but last time still happily drink. :p
The only nice fanta was the grape flavour, the orange nothing to shout about.

Btw, drinking fruit juice with no sugar added or ice lemon red or green tea is better than drinking all these. :wink:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My guess is banana.
The flavour is not listed and guesses range from bumble gum to pandan to chendol.

That I seldom drink...I like the grape better, even though it tasted like funny too...Fanta Grapes that is..it got a distinct weird taste of something in powder form stirred in sugar water...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aiyoh, RC cola brings back good memories of drinking it with ice after pe or football played on basketball court during schooldays.
Thirst quenching but frankly, can't tell the difference between the different types of colas.

Fanta green not sure if banana, honeydew, pandan, mixed fruit or what, it tasted a little like cough mixture, but last time still happily drink. :p
The only nice fanta was the grape flavour, the orange nothing to shout about.

Btw, drinking fruit juice with no sugar added or ice lemon red or green tea is better than drinking all these. :wink:

Ok I decided to open the green can to test.

Asked maid to try and tell me what she feels her answer was "ya-dek" literally "medicine children" or rather children medicine, I laugh and have to agree with her, yes it tasted like cough medicine. She told me that she prefers the "nam daeng" literally "liquid red" or rather the red Fanta.

Can ask not? I said before this can from mini-mart (or 7-Eleven) costs 60 cents, isn't it the same price in Singapore?

jw5

Loyal
Ok I decided to open the green can to test.

Asked maid to try and tell me what she feels her answer was "ya-dek" literally "medicine children" or rather children medicine, I laugh and have to agree with her, yes it tasted like cough medicine. She told me that she prefers the "nam daeng" literally "liquid red" or rather the red Fanta.

Can ask not? I said before this can from mini-mart (or 7-Eleven) costs 60 cents, isn't it the same price in Singapore?

Yalor, hehehe, green one tastes a little like cough medicine, you and your maid have good taste................... :biggrin:

Dunno about the price of canned carbonated drinks in sg supermarket because never buy these days, but i know pineapple, guava or soursop juice is 70 cents in supermarket and can get for 60 cents in those neighbourhood value shops, so the canned carbonated drinks probably about the same.
In 7-eleven, it will usually cost more than in the supermarket.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yalor, hehehe, green one tastes a little like cough medicine, you and your maid have good taste................... :biggrin:

Dunno about the price of canned carbonated drinks in sg supermarket because never buy these days, but i know pineapple, guava or soursop juice is 70 cents in supermarket and can get for 60 cents in those neighbourhood value shops, so the canned carbonated drinks probably about the same.
In 7-eleven, it will usually cost more than in the supermarket.

wow like that bloody Thai price for can drinks really expensive, measured against the living standard. But I have to say when drinking at coffeshop or stalls its cheap like 11baht/45cents without ice and 13baht/53cents with ice (I just checked with my maid).

jw5

Loyal
wow like that bloody Thai price for can drinks really expensive, measured against the living standard. But I have to say when drinking at coffeshop or stalls its cheap like 11baht/45cents without ice and 13baht/53cents with ice (I just checked with my maid).

Could be the same case as sg, 7-eleven is more expensive than supermarket.
In sg, drinking a canned drink with ice in a coffeeshop can cost more than $1. I seldom do that but perhaps others can confirm.
If 7-eleven price for a canned drink is 60 cents in thailand, could be that supermarket or provision shop price is less than that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Red water is one eyed king's favourite drink....ironic isn't it?

Red shirts big rally tonight at Laksi circle, 2km from my home but can hear them pretty clearly. Big concert too with all those country music. Should be damn happening. If not for my early travelling tomorrow I'd gone to join the party.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dont put carbonated water with ice. it somehow taste different. i prefer them ice old on it own, like beer which i also dont like to add ice but i prefer the beer to be ice cold on it own.

all of u old uncles here are health freaks. dont drink frizzy waters till dont even know the price. an econ minimart will normally sell a can at ard 80 cents when cold or 60 cents off the shelf. ntuc or giant will sell ard $1 for a cold can of soft drink. kopitiam now charge $1.20 to $1.50 depending on the brand of drink the customer want. hawker centre drink stalls are ard 20 cents cheaper than kopitiam. the more expensive brand of cola is coke while pepsi is cheaper. one can get a case of 24 can pepsi at promotion price of $9.90 but coke will be $15 for a 30 can carton. those soft drinks under the umbrella of YHS are normally cheaper than F&N. now there another group operating in singapore, pokka, which have kickapo under it range of products.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingaporeFoodTrail27.jpg

Other than Green Sport, there was Red Lion....

3306020295_4ebba5fc78.jpg

But Red Lion did not seem to have any emotional connection with me.... what about you? :confused::confused:

i dont remember how this taste like. according to my wife whose parents operated a provision shop in the past, it taste like ginger. any true to it.

jw5

Loyal
Also can be played with erasers (rubber).

the only types of erasers that can be used to play kutikuti is the type which can erase both pencil and pen marks, the brand slips me for now, pelican?

but actually, the pen eraser part is not that useful, erase already make the page even more messy sometimes, but good to play kuti......... :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only types of erasers that can be used to play kutikuti is the type which can erase both pencil and pen marks, the brand slips me for now, pelican?

but actually, the pen eraser part is not that useful, erase already make the page even more messy sometimes, but good to play kuti......... :wink:

Half white half grey? Looks like a double sided wedge. Grey end is sand paper like feel.
Back then this eraser was de rigueur for any self respecting pencil box.

jw5

Loyal
Half white half grey? Looks like a double sided wedge. Grey end is sand paper like feel.
Back then this eraser was de rigueur for any self respecting pencil box.

yeah that's the one and it was almost a necessity then, albeit it didn't really work, hehehe....................

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
woodward gripewater is nice, now still selling. my mom call it woo wat fei zai sui.

'fet zai sui' for the rolly, polly baby picture I guess...that what it was called...the taste can be addictive..I remember when I was an adult, one day I had a crave for the taste & bought one bottle to drink slowly. The other was Heinz baby food...hmm! use to in the past once in a while buy one or two of my favorite flavors & eat...:biggrin:

But not Scott's Emulsion , you open the bottle I run, faster that you say, when!! ha ha ha ha

Last edited: