• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The giant Green Spot bottle by the road -side.......

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Green+spot.jpg

Screen+Shot+2012-01-01+at+6.39.25+PM.png

If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well? Comments, please ......

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can still remember my trips from Wayang Satu (former Equatorial Hotel) to the place where my paternal uncle worked at 7th milestone Bukit Timah Road.

A bridge over a canal led to the compound of the sprawling godown.

Elderly Sikh watchmen worked for these Chinese towkay and they used to sit on straw beds (charpoys).

My uncle used to bring me to the site of these giant Green Spot bottle that was the site of the Amoy Canning Corporation or Amoycan for short.

Green spot was a favourite orange drink at Chinese funerals.

It was a unique bottle with rough edges. I enjoyed the rich orange taste in it.

It was much smaller compared to the larger orange and other assorted soft drinks produced by Framroz and F&N.

This area had Jalan Anak Bukit at it's rear and a small road led to the Bukit Timah Hill.

Not far ahead was the old Bukit Timah Fire Station with it's staff quarters. Directly infront of the fire station was Jalan Rajawali which was famous for the Redifussion Station.

Sadly, it is now all gone.

I also remember the Malay kampong leading to the hilltop of Lorong Sesuai.

Most importantly I remember the good old Green Bus Company buses.

Lots of memories there, especially of a lass that was the most beautiful one that I met.

Alas she did not become my wife......So sad........

Last edited:

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes missed the landmark.the kampong between the fire stationa nd the Amoycam factory is where Rashid Hassan the former Malaysian goalkeeper stayed.Along Jln sesuai are some houses on the slope of the hill to the TV station.Further up was the Ford factory and opposite it there was a Natok
kong shrine between upp bukit timah road and the railway track.Below the TV station hill opposite Bukit Batok primary school ,there was a indian dhoby man and some cow shed where he milk the cow and cycle to sell.Remember the magnolia factory too opposite amoycan factory

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well? Comments, please ......

Was this near AMOY Canning at Bukit Timah?? I love green spot drinks...come Lunar New Year I am in charge of ordering the soft drinks from the "chap huey tiam", it would be , 3 or 4 cases, F&N Orange, Sarsi, Ice Cream Soda & Green Spot..the free case every year for buying groceries from the shop..I will tell shop towkay to mix Coca Cola, Green Spot, 7up...that is my reward.

What I miss is this Green Spot, Kickapoo ( not the current gen), Dad's Root Beer, F&N..any flavours, Eastern Aerated soft drinks..the green, cherry..:p

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come to think of it, there were many naughty drinks around then....sinners loved Sinalco, pussy lickers would get a kick out of Kickapoo, with the joy juice and not forgetting this header....G-Spot :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I miss green spot drink. :(

Yummy...can still feel the taste..I think they can be found in Malaysia, I drank a can from one of the small kiosk outside Lot 1 KL some years back...the taste not the same..

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many naughty drinks around then....sinners loved Sinalco, pussy lickers would get a kick out of Kickapoo, with the joy juice and not forgetting this header....G-Spot :smile:
Bang on :p Now, who says pop is soft drink for softies??:biggrin:

watchman8 said:
Condom designers ere inspired by this bottle
looneytan said:
why didn't they get inspired by durians
Too spiky for likes of fun ..make that taste :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The underside of bottle cap was different with liner that cannot be peeled....had cork material as well.

When i was young I use to collect drinks bottle caps & even the liners, have to wash them first then dry, if not you get a stale leftover smell of the soft drinks.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i was young I use to collect drinks bottle caps & even the liners, have to wash them first then dry, if not you get a stale leftover smell of the soft drinks.

I thought they smell great. I hated those without smell, it means they are not fresh. We used to fight bottle caps, remember? :biggrin: