• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The giant Green Spot bottle by the road -side.......

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Green+spot.jpg

Screen+Shot+2012-01-01+at+6.39.25+PM.png

If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well? Comments, please ......

This was at Bukit Timah 8 milestone junction of Bukit Batok hill, next to the Fire Brigade.

Today sadly its gOnE!! history!

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm, Definitely the best drink of all time.
when my Granny brought me to the jewellery shop, we surely got one bottle each to drink.
think they still have it in certain states of M'sia?
anyone can confirm?
:smile:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yummy...can still feel the taste..I think they can be found in Malaysia, I drank a can from one of the small kiosk outside Lot 1 KL some years back...the taste not the same..

The Kickapoo and F&N drinks available now also don't taste the same as in the 60s and 70s. The current F&N Sarsi and Ice-Cream Soda taste like lao hong.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Green+spot.jpg

If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well? Comments, please ......

Remembered there was a Standard Chartered Bank besides it right ?..; and rounding the HiLLview
circLe there was this Princess ELizabeth estate, comprising of rows of singLe story dweLLing houses.
Ah those were my earLier faint memories..:wink:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its about the destruction of landmarks and memories.

Its about the loss of connection to the Nation we once knew.......

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and pity those that are ignorant coz their brains are in their cocks and their eyes are situated in the vicinity of their arseholes that they cannot see the light of day.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about reminiscing, does anyone remember a tyre factory where they had made a huge rubber tyre man? I think it should have been in the jurong industrial estate - along jalan ahmad ibrahim towards jurong bird park; I remember always seeing it as a kid. Either dunlop or bridgestone tyres?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never seen Greenspot bottle before leh. But I remember along Havelock Rd there was a giant Fanta bottle sign on 1 of the hdb block.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 50's right till the late 70's there was a huge FRAMROZ Orange bottle at the junction of Macpherson and Paya Lebar Roads.

It faced the present day Airport Road. The site is taken over by a office block.

On the right side of Macpherson Road, if one turns right from Paya Lebar Road was a huge plot of land with a pre-war bungalow. The site is still there and vacant. Behind it runs the present day Pelton Canal.

Can any kind soul please shed some light on these and provide pics like Force 136. It would be greatly nostalgic.

Thank you folks.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This standchart bank is one mile down the road at the hillview junction. it is still in operation.....

The Standard Chartered Bank Bukit Timah Branch is closed I believe, there was an armed robbery with firearms that happened in that branch, when it was The Chartered Bank..one of the bank employees was shot. This was years ago..

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 50's right till the late 70's there was a huge FRAMROZ Orange bottle at the junction of Macpherson and Paya Lebar Roads.

It faced the present day Airport Road. The site is taken over by a office block.

On the right side of Macpherson Road, if one turns right from Paya Lebar Road was a huge plot of land with a pre-war bungalow. The site is still there and vacant. Behind it runs the present day Pelton Canal.

Can any kind soul please shed some light on these and provide pics like Force 136. It would be greatly nostalgic.

Thank you folks.

Framroz I remember that soft drink..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never seen Greenspot bottle before leh. But I remember along Havelock Rd there was a giant Fanta bottle sign on 1 of the hdb block.

Block 51 I think. The hawker stalls at the foot of the block was famously delicious especially the fried Hokkien noddles. That area was hangout for ruffian types back in the days....probably proximity to infamous bukit ho swee.

Another big billboard was the stop at 2 campaign at the block near Payoh roundabout.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hawker1.jpg

thirsty? there was always a drink stall nearby...... pic taken at Keng Cheow street next to Chinatown? sorry, looks familiar but I cannot identify clearly.......

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for these nostalgic moments guys, (esp to Kohlian and 136) some of it I've never known or seen pics of - pity we don't see much of Postnew these days as he may have some nuggets to share. Can only remember the Cathay due to the large and colourful TORAY signage.