• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The giant Green Spot bottle by the road -side.......

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
And then there was the Wayang show...
248354_551362524902753_1754816071_n.jpg

bro...
other than the human actors and actresses, how can you miss out the hand puppet shows? :p:p:p

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Green+spot.jpg

Screen+Shot+2012-01-01+at+6.39.25+PM.png

Well? Comments, please ......

Nostalgic bro.... I remember seeing this every day on the way to school @ Hillcrest from Marsiling.. taking that shabby TIBS 181....And also the Yeo Hiap Seng factory further down the corner..
If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942642_559743194064686_2124762665_n.jpg[/

Green Spot seemed to disappear when Marinda came out....[/QUOTE]
They did coexist got a time...
Along with fanta orange, f & n....the discerning ones could do a blind test and name each one.
Later came others like schweppes and orangina.....
There were alot more choices then....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glucolin reminds me of fever... the 'mueh umm' aka the soupy part of the porridge or this glucolin was fed whenever me had fever...

I search and found this, for fever in toddler, "Encourage the child to drink clear fluids without caffeine (not water). Water does not contain the necessary electrolytes and glucose. Other clear fluids are chicken soup, Pedialyte, and other rehydrating drinks available at your grocery or drugstore"

It seems that our older generation lees educated than us, are smarter...:biggrin: the current generation will panic..and run to the doctor or A&E..

Last edited:

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glucolin still around these days...drank them till secondary school...when taking part in sports. Grandma use to feed, waterbury compund, Woodward's gripwater & Sanatogen, to make you grow, strong & healthy...& the one I hated most...Scotts emulsion's...the 'white poison'...yucks!!

Agree totally on the Scott's emulsion! It made me hate cod till today. Waterbury had a smell like BO.

jonahlomu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nostalgic bro.... I remember seeing this every day on the way to school @ Hillcrest from Marsiling.. taking that shabby TIBS 181....And also the Yeo Hiap Seng factory further down the corner..
If you cannot identify this, you are too young to be a true blue Singaporean.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Bro, which part of Marsiling...kampong or HDB?

jw5

Loyal
Last time got story that a worker fell into the syrup mixer and drowned, don't know which brand of soft drink:(

Never heard that story, but I'm sure they would have got rid of that particular lot of syrup mixer if it really happened.

jw5

Loyal
They did coexist got a time...
Along with fanta orange, f & n....the discerning ones could do a blind test and name each one.
Later came others like schweppes and orangina.....
There were alot more choices then....

fanta grape is the best of the fantas.
the most funny one was the green one, never figured out what it was supposed to be, tasted a little like cough mixture but still drank it. :biggrin:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think fanta green was supposed to be honeydew favour.

ok, i do not have photos, but i will list down some of the things that my folks used to do when i was young.

1. using the blue passport to travel to west malaysia ONLY.

2. when i got lots of bruises, my mother will boil an egg with some herbs, and used a handkerchief and wrapped the hard boiled egg and rub on my bruises. after that, i get to eat the egg.

3. doing primary school, i like to collect cards and stickers ( and its freaking waste of money!) cards include dragon ball, hong kong celebrities (where u insert 20 cent and turn the knob, a card will come out) etc. stickers include ghostbuster, care bear (yeah, i know its sissy, but hey, that time i was young) teenage mutant ninja turtle etc.

4. zam bak was always applied on my butts after my mother shoot me with the cane for being naughty. now seldom see this ointment.

5. last time, when u buy a casette tape of any singer, u will get a poster of that singer/band.

6. owning a nintendo or sega 16 bit is considered very lucky.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.......waterbury compund, Woodward's gripwater & Sanatogen, to make you grow, strong & healthy...& the one I hated most...Scotts emulsion's...the 'white poison'...yucks!!

il_570xN.469067831_pbys.jpg

This yukky stuff was never passed on to the next generation, unlike Gripewater...... i hated it too....

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rmbr1.jpg

once in a while someone would bring us to gaze at this skeleton of a whale hung up high... I wonder where this specimen is today....

Last edited:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingaporeFoodTrail27.jpg

Other than Green Sport, there was Red Lion....

3306020295_4ebba5fc78.jpg

But Red Lion did not seem to have any emotional connection with me.... what about you? :confused::confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And when you had watery stools, grandma would insist that we take this medicine..... can you recognise it?

338611.jpg

This morning too the last 1/3 in this bottle, too much oily food last night I guess. Maid alwas make sure have 2 bottles stock at home for us.