• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the first person who put fishcake and crabstick in hor fun ought to be shot

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
the first person who put fishcake and crabstick in seafood hor fun ought to be shot.
the rest of the hawkers copycat this pattern.now most hor fun no longer taste the same as in the early 80s.
went to alexandra village.order 1 SEAfood horfun.
knn $4 dare to put slices of fishcake, crabstick and 2 real middle size prawns + few stems of cai xin without leaves
i rather pay $5.give me real seafood la.

great hor fun and fried rice must be cooked with powerful fire with blacky old wok.
home gas stove can never achieve that.trust me.

now still can get decent good hor fun with real fish,real prawn real sotong.the kway toew fried instantly per indivdual.
damage: $6
portion : enough to fill 1 stomach
smoky wok taste: 4/5
freshness : 4.5/5
gravy starchyness: 3.5/10
overall : 3.8 /5
uniqueness :some egg white over the gravy
waiting time :20-30 min
pls specifty "seafood "horfun when you order.if not they will asume you order mix type hor fun.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie cuisine: overhyped and overrated. Not helped by all those silly makan shows on tv.

When this shithole reaches 6.9 million population and you see FT hawkers everywhere, you'll be seeing mala crap, guo tie, tandoori, naan, adobo and lechon in stalls everywhere. By then (if you're not dead already), you would be pining for fish cake and crabstick hor fun.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pray tell what should an original 80s seafood hor fun have as ingredients?
Sotong, prawns, la-la, sliced fish....what else?
Remembered fish cakes for the longest time....till now not have had 'crab sticks'.

Raffles

Remembered fish cakes for the longest time....till now not have had 'crab sticks'.

Sure or not? You guys had la-la for hor fun? Wow. I didn't know that. I get pork meat.

ThePimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
This country had gone to the dogs. PAP had pimped singkieland for a long time and this is the result defiled food fit for the dogs.

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hans sell "solid" seafood hor fun up till the late 90's, then they replace the seafood with fish cake & fake crabstick. And replace their cooks with FT...:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the first person who put fishcake and crabstick in seafood hor fun ought to be shot.
the rest of the hawkers copycat this pattern.now most hor fun no longer taste the same as in the early 80s.
knn $4 dare to put slices of fishcake, crabstick and 2 real middle size prawns + few stems of cai xin without leaves

The hor fun these days are crappy, it used to have squid rings, sliced fish cakes, chye sim, pork, lard ( in small chunks, crispy), streaky egg white ( there a description for this), corn starch, soy sauce & the hor hun slightly burnt to give it a smokey taste.

Nowadays the hor fun, is just crappy food court food...whatever happened to those Malaysian Cooks?? or the Cantonese ones??:p

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Pork liver.
肥佬 at Blk 86 Bedok North still served good hor fan.

jw5

Loyal
These days if you want real fish slices in your hor fun, you will need to order "san lao hor fun" which consists of hor fun, tow gay and flsh slices.
The cheapest version of san lao hor fun is probably at least $5. Should be difficult to find any place selling this for anything less.
There are indeed still a few places selling good hor fun. General rule is that if you notice prc cook, stay away.
This does not apply to their own prc dishes like szechuan food. But any local food, chances are the prc cooks will mess it up.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
This country had gone to the dogs. PAP had pimped singkieland for a long time and this is the result defiled food fit for the dogs.

There is a corner stall in the foodcourt of Serangoon North Avenue 4 (car park block below the Shop and Save) selling ho fun together with other kinds of noodles. The hawker always cooks the ho fun and add one fresh prawn and one very very very limb prawn (obviously not fresh and many hours out of fridge already).

I endured this scenario for some time and finally asked the hawker why she must always add one firm prawn with one limb prawn. Why she cannot use two firm prawns? and she said "...but this it is still a prawn, right? why complain?..." I told her to fxx off and never went back to eat at the stall again.

One day, inventive hawkers from you know where will start putting fake prawns into the ho fun and other food ... thanks to the high prices and scarce resources necessitated by the teeming 7 million....maybe even before we reach the significantly less than 6.9M....just you wait

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have eaten from mixed rice stall whereby the idiot uses fish finger, coat it with flour and pass it off for pepper fish. The stall is at bukit batok st 23 industrial park.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have eaten from mixed rice stall whereby the idiot uses fish finger, coat it with flour and pass it off for pepper fish. The stall is at bukit batok st 23 industrial park.

Be thankful they still using edible good...
With more tiongs coming with the 7 million wave....soon we will be getting fake rice and eggs....maybe drainage oil too.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
whenever i see crab stick in any dish,esp in hor fun, i will reject it outright!

this crab stick stuff is the worst food invention ever in singapore - it kills every dish.it spoils everything!

even in ramen, when i see crab stick, i puke and reject it!!! simply the worst food item in singapore!!! it should be banned!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The hor fun these days are crappy, it used to have squid rings, sliced fish cakes, chye sim, pork, lard ( in small chunks, crispy), streaky egg white ( there a description for this), corn starch, soy sauce & the hor hun slightly burnt to give it a smokey taste.

Nowadays the hor fun, is just crappy food court food...whatever happened to those Malaysian Cooks?? or the Cantonese ones??:p

i totally agree. the hor fun today if fit for dogs...even dogs reject it!!!...damned horrible!!!...they don't even give the kwayteow a wok!!!

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
whenever i see crab stick in any dish,esp in hor fun, i will reject it outright!

this crab stick stuff is the worst food invention ever in singapore - it kills every dish.it spoils everything!

even in ramen, when i see crab stick, i puke and reject it!!! simply the worst food item in singapore!!! it should be banned!
but funny leh.
i see many steamboat still offer crabstick as dish.
many youngsters like that

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but funny leh.
i see many steamboat still offer crabstick as dish.
many youngsters like that

our young are eating a lot of poisons everyday....they are dying young and are inflicted with all sorts of illnesses and diseases. some very funny illnesses...they are consuming all sorts of garbages daily. all sorts of chemicals...spoilt and pampered ...and eat mainly outside food...many of us , the old folks, used to eat only mother's cooking....at home. too poor then to buy outside food.