• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The effectiveness of NSmen System

Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been documented that the M16 tended to jam frequently in Vietnam. Subsequently they provided the cleaning kit and made it compulsory to clean weapons when standing down. Certain parts when clogged with m&d or ammo powder was the cause of it. Comparing to the AK47, they left it in the m&d for days, and it still fired without jamming after that.

I don't count the number of rounds I've fired on HK's range of weapons, but I would like to think I've enough experiences with them, and I stand firm on my preferences and comments on them.

As for the AK, I've used it a couple of times, simple and reliable but didn't like it much, sure there are people who swear by it, but not me. And this would be because [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]optics require special adapters[/FONT][/FONT] and I don't like the safety [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mechanism.[/FONT][/FONT]

M16s are great out of the box and in a range, most civilian owners would not have any issues with them, especially for the later versions.

However, my experience with them in the field are less then desirable. Mostly due to issues with feeding, failure to extract, rim-sheer and choking of the gas tube but this could be due partly to the environments where I was deployed and the rounds I was getting for them.

It would be interesting to think that mag springs play no part in feeding the weapon. Weak springs could cause a jam.

If barrel length has nothing to do with FIBUA, try bringing a Barrett into a building next time. However, you're right to say the length of the whole weapon plays a part.

I don't have the measurements of all 3 weapons at the back of my head and my experiences with the SAR-21 has been limited to the range. Didn't know the had a 640mm version, didn't see it back then and certainly didn't have the chance to use it.

But having said that, there is only that much of length you can trim from your butt stock before the weapon starts to feel funny in your hands. Ultimately, there is a length on your butt stock you need - or are used to - which helps you operate your weapon with greater efficiency and accuracy.

I'm tall with long arms, and would prefer my butt stock fully extended mostly, hence a shorter barrel is my option and preference.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's been documented that the M16 tended to jam frequently in Vietnam. ........ Comparing to the AK47, they left it in the m&d for days, and it still fired without jamming after that.

The Israels also found the M16 jam frequently in desert conditions. When they designed the Galil rifle it was no surprise they copied the best rifle, the Kalashnikiv :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, you no good heart. Help your brother to siam but now want us to suffer! :mad:

No, not a matter of heart but a matter of neccesity. Singapore officer calibres are declining with the population and the calibres of the population. Need to keep good men like you around longer.

For the record, I didn't escape NS or reservist myself or help my brother escape. Our family of uncles and brothers served fully as required by law. It just happened that some of us went US or elsewhere, legitimately with exit permits, mind you. When called upon, we did our fair share of duties.