• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The circle line is down tonight.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
As above, what sms will SMRT send to the cab drivers?

Business opportunity! Thanks to Circle Line power trip, you can earn more, especially with midnight charge!

ChaoKuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNA huh. Due to power fault......

So many fault happening again and again.....

Circle in the sand, round and round......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We must give them credit for this, they are so efficient that I received so many notifications & updates..that I turned off the notifications... I am sleeping..but at least we know, they are working...sending out notifications...don't blame them, they never told you...:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that during the construction of the newer MRT lines, some contractor(s) (Alstom?) skimped on the power/signalling equipment to cut costs.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The circle line is mostly newly constructed. So, it could not be maintenance issue, but design issue.

If it's design issue, then it's a pretty bad sign.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
in Today. Did I miss an apology somewhere? Or was the Minister busy on facebook instead?

SINGAPORE - The entire 35 km stretch of the Circle Line came to a halt for almost an hour late last night because of an electrical fault that disrupted power supply, leaving hundreds of commuters stranded on the eve of a long weekend. Late night revellers and others trying to catch trains home were caught out by the outage, the third major disruption since last December's two train disruptions, which led to a Committee of Inquiry ordered by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Of the five major disruptions, four involved operator SMRT. In last night's disruption, one train stalled on the tracks, with passengers forced to walk on tracks to get to the nearest station. Commuters, however, said the alternative measures which kicked in worked well this time, and the provision of alternative services went smoothly.

Last night's disruption, described as a major one by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew, saw SMRT deploying buses and kicking in the rail management plan to get commuters to their destinations. SMRT, the Circle Line operator, was unable to put a number on the people affected in last night's disruption. The service disruption could continue, as SMRT engineers worked through the night to check on the Circle Line. Said SMRT Circle Line Vice-President Chia Chun Wah: "We have already been working with LTA and manufacturers to change out all the power cables but this will take time to complete. To speed up the change out, we are considering the possibility of closing down certain stretches during off-peak hours and running alternative services to ensure minimal disruption to commuters' journey."

In a statement, SMRT said train services were disrupted on both routes between Marina Bay and Paya Lebar, and between Paya Lebar and Dhoby Ghaut stations at 10.26pm. Around an hour later, at 11.35pm, services on both routes between Harbourfront and Paya Lebar stations resumed, but services remained disrupted along some stations. In a note posted on his Facebook page at 11.25pm, Mr Lui said the "major fault on the Circle Line", which affected service in both directions, was due to a train which stalled between Bayfront and Promenade stations. After a wait of about 20 minutes, passengers were led to the tracks and ushered to the station.

Last night's stoppage comes on the back of two other major disruptions after last December's outage, which led to the Committee of Inquiry hearing and resignation of former Chief Executive Saw Phaik Hwa. On April 18, services between eight Circle Line Stations were crippled for two-and-a-half hours which affected 18,000 commuters, while the North East Line was down for almost 12 hours on March 15.

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As above, what sms will SMRT send to the cab drivers?

Business opportunity! Thanks to Circle Line power trip, you can earn more, especially with midnight charge!

lianbeng replied to u: is ok today is public holiday u can sleep longer! by the way, u never got used to it yet meh?:biggrin:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that during the construction of the newer MRT lines, some contractor(s) (Alstom?) skimped on the power/signalling equipment to cut costs.

Would you be surprised if you were told that the oversight authority was also in cahoots?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The circle line is mostly newly constructed. So, it could not be maintenance issue, but design issue.

If it's design issue, then it's a pretty bad sign.

This problem was known about 5 years ago. It was raised but the experts who raised them were ridiculed by the oversight authority and the Cleopatra company. There are more problems waiting to surface. It is all the fault of LKY period. Technical problems are more God than the cheebye brain and mouth of LKY . Payup time is now, LKY. More to come that will make you flip. I promised you 6 months back and I always deliver on my promises. Wait KY.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This problem was known about 5 years ago. It was raised but the experts who raised them were ridiculed by the oversight authority and the Cleopatra company. There are more problems waiting to surface. It is all the fault of LKY period. Technical problems are more God than the cheebye brain and mouth of LKY . Payup time is now, LKY. More to come that will make you flip. I promised you 6 months back and I always deliver on my promises. Wait KY.

Bro Bigfuck, must use KY. Cannot wait... if wait, it could be painful. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wish those breakdowns do not happen. It is the lesser mortals that will be much inconvenienced. Imagine if it happened during the critical exam period. Who will suffer more?? The under priviledged kids of course. :o :(