• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Biggest Loser in this PE is.....

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng can still be a contributor to the opposition scene. True, he has a pig brain, a bloated ego. But he has not, and will not, cause the kind of destruction that some folks in the past have. His pol acumen is not zero. He is quite astute actually. We perceive it as zero (negative sometimes) because his ego gets in the way and blinds him to everything else but his own viewpoint. That is his biggest flaw.

What GMS can do is to let Hazel run the show and be a good workhorse behind the scenes. That is already much more than the many armchair critics that fill the opposition ranks who expect others to do all the dirty hard labour for them while they focus on personal media glory (think James Gomez, for example).

GMS is a NOBODY trying to act like a SOMEBODY... he always thinks he is damn kiang...more kiang than other ppl...dat why ppl here always quarrel with him....he will never want to work as a "foot solder" or behind the scenes...he wanto be at the grand stage for ppl to admire, to show how kiang and impt he is....in the end what it only exposes his inadequancy and arrogance....there is no way he will work for hazel at NSP..... i have a feeling dat he might pop up at SPP....just wait and see lah...

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has done much for local politics and did very well in bringing talents, reducing Mah's margin by double digit figures, crossing the racial divide and interacting with the common man in the net. Not something that many of us can claim.

Bro scroobal, I beg to differ with you on this point. MBT was the most hated minister at that time, even at Tampines. Furthermore, none of his teammates at Tampines GRC were strong except for Masagos, who is very tight with the Malay community in Tampines. Irene, Kian Min, Boon Ann are your average PAP wayang MPs who are only show up during some grassroots community event. Therefore, any decents strong opponents from a recognisable party can take Tampines GRC if they really work hard on the ground. There are mnay problems in Tampines: rats problem, poor estate maintenance due to problem with cleaning contractors, indifferent and arrogant TC staff etc. That is why they have to parachute in Heng and Baey. If GMS had assembled a decent team and really work hard like what WP did in Aljunied, today we will see a NSP team in parliament. No, instead he thinks that just by having an outreach 2-3 times in Tampines during the election period is enough. He thinks that a rally at Tampines stadium will work for NSP. Instead of spending all his available time canvassing in Tampines, he is still surfing this forum, posting in his stupid blog, tagging along with Nicole Seah at Marine Parade hoping to share the media limelight with her, and dunno doing what fuck at NSP HQ office all the time. I have been raising the alarm about NSP's lack of interaction at my homtown Tampines, but to no avail. If he had assembled a strong team with Nicole, Hazel, Tony, we will see another 5 more opposition MPs in parliament. Now the chance is gone. Let me tell you this what is happening in Tampines now. Heng Swee Kiat is leading the team, and he come across as a very likeable chap to the Tampines residents, unlike MBT. Heng is working hard on the ground, and he is warming up to the Tampines resident. Baey is definitely the secret weapon in PAP Tampines GRC team. Now I can understand why he was in LKY's GRC team. His grassroots interaction with residents is excellent. He visit at least two blocks a week in his constituency on every weekend to get to know his residents. He holds a "kopit talk" session at a foodcourt almost twice a month to interact with residents. A quick check with my neighbours who were formally MBT haters find Baey very likeable. All complaints by Tampines residents were immediately look into now, unlike in the past were the TC would ignore. I am telling you that this Tampines GRC team will be very different from the past and NSP will most probably not have a chance at all. I believe MBT will be replaced by the next election, so with the main controversial figure being removed, the PAP team will start afresh and strong.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a long time resident of Tampines,and I voted for NSP last May.. And I agree with Bro Bus 64.. MBT was there for the taking.. Many Tampines residents are unhappy with him and his housing policies... Rats problems, poor town council services, many more... Many fellow Tampines residents that I encountered told me that like it or not, they had to vote for NSP since there are no other better alternative Opposition party other than the NSP to fight the PAP in Tampines... Some of them did not even know the line up of the GMS led NSP team contesting in Tampines.. And they did not even know that GMS was the Sec Gen of the NSP..:eek: In fact they only knew that GMS was an ex party member of the WP.. They were asking where were the NSP all those years before the 2011 elections.. In fact I personally feels that NSP should have done more to reach out to the Tampines residents instead of only being there months before the GE..Many fellow Tampines residents yearned for an A Team similiar to that of WP Aljunied team.. But its all over now.. PAP have consolidated their power in Tampines.. Many new immigrants from India now buying flats at Tampines.. Its goin to be a difficult task for the Opposition to grab Tampines from the PAP in 2016... Appreciate the work that GMS has done in Tampines last May to reduce MBT's percentage, but still he could have done better..

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a long time resident of Tampines,and I voted for NSP last May.. And I agree with Bro Bus 64.. MBT was there for the taking.. Many Tampines residents are unhappy with him and his housing policies... Rats problems, poor town council services, many more... Many fellow Tampines residents that I encountered told me that like it or not, they had to vote for NSP since there are no other better alternative Opposition party other than the NSP to fight the PAP in Tampines... Some of them did not even know the line up of the GMS led NSP team contesting in Tampines.. And they did not even know that GMS was the Sec Gen of the NSP..:eek: In fact they only knew that GMS was an ex party member of the WP.. They were asking where were the NSP all those years before the 2011 elections.. In fact I personally feels that NSP should have done more to reach out to the Tampines residents instead of only being there months before the GE..Many fellow Tampines residents yearned for an A Team similiar to that of WP Aljunied team.. But its all over now.. PAP have consolidated their power in Tampines.. Many new immigrants from India now buying flats at Tampines.. Its goin to be a difficult task for the Opposition to grab Tampines from the PAP in 2016... Appreciate the work that GMS has done in Tampines last May to reduce MBT's percentage, but still he could have done better..

NSP make big mistake. They scatter all candidate all over Island. NSP should plan like WP all best 5 candidate group together do or die in one GRC.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like how GMS conveniently ignores all comments reminding him of his daring prediction that TJS and TCB should be the ones worrying about losing their deposit, not TLK. TKL was the one everyone predicted to lose his desposit. To top it off, GMS even offered detailed analysis why this is so and even when people countered his analysis, he paid no attention to them and stuck to his ground.

That's why I say GMS has zero political acumen and zero willingness to listen to others.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
gee wiz...all i can say is that u n TKL deserve each other...harry n son must be praying for more such characters to sprout out for the next GEs n PEs...sheesh...
On my part, I could safely say that my political acumen in assessing the possibilities are not quite far apart. All scenarios, possibilities and positioning have been given out.

The campaign and messaging are quite alright, even other candidates try to micmick eventually. He fought a good fight but his lack of political branding and support base have cost him dearly.

Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
u forget...CKY got more than 40% of the vote agst OTC...n CKY was a faceless civil servant who even told the electorate to vote for OTC!!...fact of the matter is that TJS basically only got the std anti pap govt vote...
if we prorate the average votes against timeline/ duration in political arena... TJS emerged tops. while TT is a distinct contrast to that.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest loser is TJS. He lost his reputation and earned the scion of many moderate sinkies who are the bulk of middle ground. Congratulation you just wrote yourself into oblivion and CSJ repeat history.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The biggest loser is TJS. He lost his reputation and earned the scion of many moderate sinkies who are the bulk of middle ground. Congratulation you just wrote yourself into oblivion and CSJ repeat history.

You meant scorn?

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I know what gms and Ramseth have in common. Both are extremely thick skin and both are very stubborn even though facts are staring in their faces. No wonder tkl failed so badly. With advisors and friends such as them, how not to.

Gms, you are certainly the most stupid politician I have ever seen. You stupidity outshone the slipper man.