• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The 70's Thread - Anything until the Dec 1979.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fell sorry for him. One of his juniors got promoted over him and has become the 2nd Solicitor General. Decent and reliable. Chap.

David Chong who is an SC and Sr State Counsel and involved in the case with Ravi is the type of guy all Nonya mothers pray and hope that they daughters can hook. His speak with the ladies and the langauge is wonderful. You should see all the Nonya ladies. Really decent, honest and handsome chap.

Jus to so I do not go off topic , born before 1979.

I agree with you.
The learned friend who is ahead of him, was not as well known, and as "successful" in the cases I have read.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JC is the Deputy Solicitor General

Noted in earlier post, bro. Thanks.

Being number 4 isn't satisfactory for him - after AG and 2 SGs. He isn't a young man anymore. At least one junior overtook him. I suspect his current post is also his CEP - career ending point. Wonder simi superscale as Dy SG.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Noted in earlier post, bro. Thanks.

Being number 4 isn't satisfactory for him - after AG and 2 SGs. He isn't a young man anymore. At least one junior overtook him. I suspect his current post is also his CEP - career ending point. Wonder simi superscale as Dy SG.

How are you, brother GD.
How I wished we met another time for capuccino?
I also wonder "simi" superscale as Dy SG?
In the old days, only AG and SG, but now they created the so called "CEP" 2SG and Dy SG, may be just to keep talented senior learned friends from leaving.
I have no idea how the AGC works, although a schoolmate (scholar) who switched from being a scholar engineer to legal career, had another scholarship. Then was with AGC, seconded to be Director, Commercial Affairs, and not too long ago, back to AGC.
I believe that the position of Director, Commercial Affairs is equivalent to a AC or SAC in the SPF?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
CEP has turned out to be liability. It can kill someone very early in his career. In Shell, business KPI are in a different world. Superiors began to write assessment based on past CEP. There was an attempt to conceal the CEP after it enters the system but never caught on.

The officer himself has not clue what is going on. I seen so many and a few are out of this world and no relation to reality.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How are you, brother GD.
How I wished we met another time for capuccino?
I also wonder "simi" superscale as Dy SG?
In the old days, only AG and SG, but now they created the so called "CEP" 2SG and Dy SG, may be just to keep talented senior learned friends from leaving.
I have no idea how the AGC works, although a schoolmate (scholar) who switched from being a scholar engineer to legal career, had another scholarship. Then was with AGC, seconded to be Director, Commercial Affairs, and not too long ago, back to AGC.
I believe that the position of Director, Commercial Affairs is equivalent to a AC or SAC in the SPF?

Bro, I am fine. Hope all's well over your end.

Referring to Chan Seng Onn? He was an enginner before. Now HC judge. Sipay kuailan when he was a DPP. Thinks too highly of himself.

Not sure post of DCAD equivalent to what rank in the SPF. No hard and fast rules I think. When Tan Siong Thye was DCAD, he was as influential as CP when it came to meetings in MHA. That could also be due to the fact that KBH wasn't highly thought of at MHA. When Glenn Knight was DCAD, he was more 'powerful' than CP then - GYH and thereafter TTB.

Current DC, Rajakumar was an AC when he was DD CAD. Not sure if he was DCAD. And if so, his rank then.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
DCAD post is not rank/grade dependent. Competency is criteria and not matrix reporting into SPF. Raja was no. 3 to please Botak at MHA. He is as competent as a bus conductor - 3rd class honours so bottom percentile of his law cohort. He DCP to add colour.

Not sure post of DCAD equivalent to what rank in the SPF. No hard and fast rules I think. When Tan Siong Thye was DCAD, he was as influential as CP when it came to meetings in MHA. That could also be due to the fact that KBH wasn't highly thought of at MHA. When Glenn Knight was DCAD, he was more 'powerful' than CP then - GYH and thereafter TTB.

Current DC, Rajakumar was an AC when he was DD CAD. Not sure if he was DCAD. And if so, his rank then.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DCAD post is not rank/grade dependent. Competency is criteria and not matrix reporting into SPF. Raja was no. 3 to please Botak at MHA. He is as competent as a bus conductor - 3rd class honours so bottom percentile of his law cohort. He DCP to add colour.

Raja 3rd class honours? This is shocking! DC 3rd class? There again, there are many 3rd class honours law grads in the SPF and MHA. A few doing exceptionally well. Perhaps they were made for each other.

But I must give credit to Raja. He was very eloquent and during meetings, quite a number of higher rank types in the SPF and MHA were mesmerised by what he said. He really chari makaned well.

Botak as in Tan Boon Huat?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a baba classmate, with a string of all sisters. Little I know, they manja2 but once kena suckered in, you don't wear trousers.:p

Bro, manja or not, paint them well. They will then kuai kuai beg for paint job. Imho, the tongue is a deadly weapon and can tame all types of women. Nonya included.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...manja or not, paint them well. ..then kuai kuai beg for paint job....tongue is a deadly weapon and can tame all types of women. Nonya included.
Sir GD, thanks for your oral advice. Oh, muff job cuts across most ..according to my own (limited) empirical evidence:p:wink:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, manja or not, paint them well. They will then kuai kuai beg for paint job. Imho, the tongue is a deadly weapon and can tame all types of women. Nonya included.

Bibi tongue worst than the sharpest needle, you offend her, hell fury cannot compare!, but you know to "manja" bibi, her makan she cooks or the whatever she bakes...is out of this world...that goes for her tongue also if you offend bibi " out of this world"!!:biggrin:

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
in the 70s has anyone eaten the delicious hainanese chicken/char siew rice opposite palace cinema in katong near the overhead bridge,
the upstair/downstair coffeeshop sell wanton noodles too just in front of the bus stop,
a seafood restaurant in ceylon road selling delicious hor fun.
laksa at the coffeeshop in ceylon road and a man on a tricycle selling poh piah all very delicious
where are these hawkers now?
bowling at jackies bowl anyone?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheapo makan: Soup kambing, with hard crust bread pieces for 70cts (when mobile stalls could still ply their trade). Short of money, so ask more (kosong) soup to stretch the bread.

Bowling in Jackies Ochard. Betting, dare other bowler with 8-9 draw (strike you koyak). Odds for splits or difficult spare (longkau). Nice cafe 2nd flr for viewing gallery. Even not bowling, can bet on others with odd/even 1st throws.

House parties (before moving on to night spots). Contribute couple of bucks each to organiser (bit more if you want alcohol instead of some silly fruit punch). An entrepreneur fellow proudly proclaimed he bought sah tiam che (3 star) brandy from neighbourhood shop to put in fruit punch drink. Had fat hopes of getting gals in the mood and not play taichi with slooooow songs. And someone designated to be the DJ, playing vinyl.

Last edited: