• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the 2 biggest hoaxes in history

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earth has an atmosphere which requires a lot of fuel to escape from. There is no such atmosphere on the moon. On the return journey, once you enter Earth's gravitational field, you let gravity do the rest, just have to make sure the heat shields can withstand the re-entry otherwise you end up like
Columbia space shuttle.

ok but still doesnt answer the question. then why after 50 years and so much technological advancements and $$$ but still not a single trip from any of the superpowers, usa, russia, china, france, uk....you would think those other countries would also like to rival match usa's feat right?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the moon landing & bruce lee :biggrin:

those motherfuckers that staged the moon landing back then in the 60s did not anticipate the future (today), that is after 50 years and even with the given level of technology, space shuttle, space capsule, etc...mankind is still nowhere close to sending humans on a 2-way return trip to somewhere. the present space shuttle technology as it is, is already fraught with all kinds of technical difficulties during takeoff, accidents, explosions etc..
reference readings, google "moon landing hoax"

bruce lee is overhyped as some invincible fighter. physics alone can tell you that a small chinese man at 135lbs or 55kg will get maimed in any present day mma cage fight. these are professional fighters who are trained and fighting for real on a daily basis. while bullshit lee spends most of his time behind the movie set, casting and directing and posing in front of cameras showing off his skinny body. nevertheless he shall always remain a role model for chinese pride,albeit a fantasical one :biggrin:

Wrong. Bruce lee was alive and so famous so you can be sure many people tested him. That's right his small size had many people doubting him so how come he could be so famous in the west?

Just tell me. You go to a country where they are even more racist towards chinese at that time during the 70s. You're smaller than many ang mohs yet you manage to make so many movies and have so many people praise you how can you fake that? He obviously proved himself.

Mind you fighting is a very popular topic so many people participate in it so many people discuss about it and practice martial arts how can a fake especially one that is so small size become a legend?

Let's not even talk about fighting. Say something less important like say playing tic tac toe. You can try to boast you are the greatest tic tac toe player in the entire world. Something as insignificant as this which doesn't even garner interest you can try to boast about it and there will be people coming out of the woodwork to challenge you in it to ensure that you are the greatest and this is over a stupid game.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. No air mean no wind. How flag flapping.
USA is the biggest cheater in the world worst than China.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more evidence of wire mesh in flag.....(close up).

attachment.php

They put the wire into the flag because without it, the flag will not open up and no one can see it is a USA flag, but then whoever put the wire mesh did not go through his big head that it is supposed to be stuck on the Moon and not the studio.

I would have wished USA really landed on the Moon, so they can ship all their useless citizens to the Moon on a one-way ticket and return the land to the red indians.

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. Bruce lee was alive and so famous so you can be sure many people tested him. That's right his small size had many people doubting him so how come he could be so famous in the west?

Just tell me. You go to a country where they are even more racist towards chinese at that time during the 70s. You're smaller than many ang mohs yet you manage to make so many movies and have so many people praise you how can you fake that? He obviously proved himself.

Mind you fighting is a very popular topic so many people participate in it so many people discuss about it and practice martial arts how can a fake especially one that is so small size become a legend?

Let's not even talk about fighting. Say something less important like say playing tic tac toe. You can try to boast you are the greatest tic tac toe player in the entire world. Something as insignificant as this which doesn't even garner interest you can try to boast about it and there will be people coming out of the woodwork to challenge you in it to ensure that you are the greatest and this is over a stupid game.

im not saying he cant fight but too overhyped as deserving "the greatest martial artist" title. mohammad ali or tyson maybe yes but definitely not him. i used to be a fan too and fully aware of his life history, from hongkong to san francisco to hollywood but given the present level of fighting standards and fighters profile, pound for pound he wont stand a chance against most pro boxers, muay thai, mma, just to throw afew names in about the same weight class as him.....in ufc, jose aldo, gsp, lyoto, urijah, barra, lausanne, miller..in boxing, oscar de la hoya, alfonso gomez, sergei, trey, mayweather, cotto, marquez, pacquiao..muay thai, buakaw, yodsengklai, sidyodthong...imo, any of them can beat him. yes he is famous just like any celebrity actors, media hype, pr, and he is also a very charismatic showman, knows how to sell himself well, pose here pose there for camera, talk give interview alot to reporters, talk about his jkd philosophies etc etc

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but all these technical jargons can be easily scripted for public relations purpose mah, precisely just make it sound scientifically and technologically feasible and convincing to the layman

You know the problem with your line of argument and reasoning? You are trying to imply that they wrote tons of technical jargon to confuse readers which in an indirect way is you yourself admitting you don't know anything about the strength of the rockets launching, the gravational pull of the earth etc.

You can rest assured that there are people out there that understand all these types of things. They know exactly how much energy is required, how much fuel is needed to pull this certain amount of weight out of the earth's atmosphere into space. They know the strength of the earth's gravity. All because you don't know about these things doesn't mean someone else doesn't. The people that know about these types of things will then read the released notes on the moon launch and do their own calculations and see if it tallies. Get it?

Anyway i am curious usually topics like this requires some knowledge of physics, rocket technology etc you know it's very scientific. It's similar to asking can a medium lvl nuclear warhead destroy a mountain. How would you answer such a question? You would need to know how large an explosion would such a nuclear warhead produce and they measure it by dynamite power in terms of kilo tons or megatons then after that try to calculate if x amount of megatons of dynamite can blow off a mountain. Same thing applies to launching something off the earth into space.

You don't even provide a link to a site to prove why the moon landing is fake you just think it's fake based on your opinion. In this case we don't even need to make any intelligent calculations on anything. Can a car moving at a certain speed move off the edge of something say a broken bridge and land on the other side say 50m away or will it crash? I think it won't make it cause it looks too far i don't need to do any calculations at all. If people followed your line of reasoning.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok but still doesnt answer the question. then why after 50 years and so much technological advancements and $$$ but still not a single trip from any of the superpowers, usa, russia, china, france, uk....you would think those other countries would also like to rival match usa's feat right?

Indeed, I am very surprised myself. Have they already explored every inch of the moon to determine there are no resources worth exploiting from those few trips alone?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im not saying he cant fight but too overhyped as the greatest. mohammad ali or tyson maybe yes but definitely not him. i used to be a big fan of him and fully aware of his life history, from hongkong to san francisco to hollywood but given the present level of fighting standards and fighters profile, pound for pound he wont stand a chance against most pro boxers, muay thai, mma, just to throw afew names in about the same weight class as him.....in ufc, jose aldo, gsp, lyoto, urijah, bara, lausanne, miller..in boxing, oscar de la hoya, alfonso gomez, sergei, trey, mayweather, cotto, marquez, pacquiao..muay thai, buakaw, yodsengklai, sidyodthong...imo, any of them can beat him

WTF? You talking about the fighters of today and trying to compare them to him?

Please he's already dead there's no way that theory of yours can be put forward and even if he wasn't dead he would be in his 60s or 70s in short quite old way past his peak.

Discussions like this are just purely your opinion so please put it as your opinion and you're damn funny to put in pound for pound. If you want to use pound for pound he doesn't have the chance to fight most of those fighters anyway and let me remind you again in case you forget he's already dead and too old to fight them today unless you have a time machine to teleport them to his time or vice versa.

Back to pound for pound. Go search on the interview they did for mohamad ali on who he thought was the best fighter pound for pound. He says it's sugar ray robinson. Did ali fight sugar? Nope? Would he have a chance to? Not likely even if sugar was in ali's era cos they were different weight classes yet ali said pound for pound he tot sugar was the best boxer cos ali knew that bigger guys have a weight advantage over smaller guys hence the term pound for pound.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the technological barriers and humongous costs, there wasn't any justifiable reason to go to the moon, no water to support humans there, nothing. That means no way to recover the costs, let alone make a profit. But now, there is some talk about Helium-3 in abundance there, and whoever is able to extract it in an efficient way will benefit. Water is also rumoured to be hidden in certain areas under it surface, how, I don't know. These factors might make it worthwhile for nations/companies able to accomplish this to race for the moon again. If there are no commercial prospects, the moon will remain barren, and likely only be of interest as a staging point to launch further exploratory expeditions, which nobody wishes to be a sponsor.

Cheers!

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know the problem with your line of argument and reasoning? You are trying to imply that they wrote tons of technical jargon to confuse readers which in an indirect way is you yourself admitting you don't know anything about the strength of the rockets launching, the gravational pull of the earth etc.

there are so many thousands of technical writeups available online and many so-called technical experts expressing their opinions. too many for me to cut and paste here in lah, somemore like you say, everyone has his own opinion so how to know whos right whos wrong tiok boh? of course to make the moon landing real, those involved must sound convincing and its not difficult to convince the public and layman by overloading them with lots of technical mumbo jumbos

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides the technological barriers and humongous costs, there wasn't any justifiable reason to go to the moon, no water to support humans there, nothing. That means no way to recover the costs, let alone make a profit. But now, there is some talk about Helium-3 in abundance there, and whoever is able to extract it in an efficient way will benefit. Water is also rumoured to be hidden in certain areas under it surface, how, I don't know. These factors might make it worthwhile for nations/companies able to accomplish this to race for the moon again. If there are no commercial prospects, the moon will remain barren, and likely only be of interest as a staging point to launch further exploratory expeditions, which nobody wishes to be a sponsor.

Cheers!

moon was form when earth collided with another planet. so in theory both the moon and earth should have the same materials, no???

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF? You talking about the fighters of today and trying to compare them to him?

Please he's already dead there's no way that theory of yours can be put forward and even if he wasn't dead he would be in his 60s or 70s in short quite old way past his peak.

Discussions like this are just purely your opinion so please put it as your opinion and you're damn funny to put in pound for pound. If you want to use pound for pound he doesn't have the chance to fight most of those fighters anyway and let me remind you again in case you forget he's already dead and too old to fight them today unless you have a time machine to teleport them to his time or vice versa.

Back to pound for pound. Go search on the interview they did for mohamad ali on who he thought was the best fighter pound for pound. He says it's sugar ray robinson. Did ali fight sugar? Nope? Would he have a chance to? Not likely even if sugar was in ali's era cos they were different weight classes yet ali said pound for pound he tot sugar was the best boxer cos ali knew that bigger guys have a weight advantage over smaller guys hence the term pound for pound.

of course i know hes dead lah and of course everything is based on opinion lah, like you say even ali is just expressing his personal opinion. but in any field those opinions coming from experts, in this case pro fighters with track record so their analysis are more credible and many pro fighters dont think he will survive in a real fight today. for eg, i am sure you also have an opinion as who will win in the mayweather-pacquiao fight, but eventually its the fixers and punters who will decide :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but all these technical jargons can be easily scripted for public relations purpose mah, precisely just make it sound scientifically and technologically feasible and convincing to the layman

here are 3 reference materials that you can read. to begin with a layman's angle, you can start off with wikipedia. the account in wikipedia in fact described the flag being whipped by rocket exhaust on the ascent stage of the lunar module, and it fell.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

'Film taken from the LM Ascent Stage upon liftoff from the Moon reveals the American flag, planted some 25 feet (8 m) from the descent stage, whipping violently in the exhaust of the ascent stage engine. Buzz Aldrin witnessed it topple: "The ascent stage of the LM separated ... I was concentrating on the computers, and Neil was studying the attitude indicator, but I looked up long enough to see the flag fall over."'

space.com has a down-to-earth (no pun intended) account of the entire mission that is easy to read and understand for laymen.

http://t.space.com/all/16758-apollo-11-first-moon-landing#1

the history channel has all the facts and summary for the layman.....

http://www.history.com/topics/apollo-11

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course i know he is dead and of course everything is based on opinion lah, like you say even ali is just expressing his personal express. but opinions coming from pro fighters, experts with track record so their analysis are more credible and many pro fighters dont think he will survive in a real fight. for eg, i am sure you also have an opinion who will win in a mayweather-pacquiao fight, but eventually its the fixers and punters who will decide :biggrin:

The way you post machiam like it's facts. Bruce lee would have gone on to greater heights were he to be still alive.

Give another example. This actor heath ledger gave a very good performance as the joker but he died young same like bruce lee. Do you think he would have surpassed say robert deniro, jack nicholson? Hard to say he died young he doesn't have any more new movies to prove but based on his performance as the joker can say he would have given equally good or even better performances were he still alive today. Bruce lee's performances before his death are still phenominal even today but too bad he didn't reach his peak before he died so that's not fair to judge him like that.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
here are 3 reference materials that you can read. to begin with a layman's angle, you can start off with wikipedia. the account in wikipedia in fact described the flag being whipped by rocket exhaust on the ascent stage of the lunar module, and it fell.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

'Film taken from the LM Ascent Stage upon liftoff from the Moon reveals the American flag, planted some 25 feet (8 m) from the descent stage, whipping violently in the exhaust of the ascent stage engine. Buzz Aldrin witnessed it topple: "The ascent stage of the LM separated ... I was concentrating on the computers, and Neil was studying the attitude indicator, but I looked up long enough to see the flag fall over."'

space.com has a down-to-earth (no pun intended) account of the entire mission that is easy to read and understand for laymen.

http://t.space.com/all/16758-apollo-11-first-moon-landing#1

the history channel has all the facts and summary for the layman.....

http://www.history.com/topics/apollo-11

You sure he even understands what are written in those links or if he can even bother to click on them in the first place. He's here to present his own opinion based on no facts as the truth.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9/11 is NOT a hoax......it happened and people died. It just did not happen the way it was reported.
In such a case, we call it false flag, not hoax. Get the difference right first then we can talk about it.

The GREATEST HOAX is Nuclear bomb and nuclear warheads. No little boy or fat man was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The whole fucking two cities were carpet bombed by B52 and then a magnesium dirty flash bomb was dropped to deceive everyone. Get a grip, you've been lied to.

If ah nehs and pakis can have nuclear power and is the first to send space-craft to orbit Mars, then everything about nuclear power is a fucking hoax, and all the other nuclear power countries are in cahoot, including Russia, China and Israel.

Yesterday, I just watched the news about the France terror attack and how the 2 gunmen, one of them dropped their ID card in the car (sounds exactly like 9/11 where passport found intact, but not steel) and both bros robbed a gas-station (sounds exactly like Boston bombing bros, who robbed a 7/11 store) immediately after committing the jihad, like they're so fucked dumb to do that to leave CCTV evidence and a trail for police to catch them.

Also, the CNN reporter said that besides this ID slip by the gunmen, he was told by US and France authorities that the gunmen left other clues, that's why it was so fucking quick for the police to identify them......ha ha, he mentioned US authorities......now tell me, why the fuck should US know anything when it happened in France?