• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank You SG IDIOTS another Huang Na - alive but no legs $250K richer than us!

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foolish Singaporeans will only regret and realize cheated after they flu away with your money. Same for NKF!:oIo::oIo: Morons!:oIo::oIo:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1135370/1/.html

blogs

yournews

7 Day News Archive
M | T | W | T | F | S | S
Search

Video Finance Lifestyle Travel Weather Discussion TV Shows

| |
About Us

Home ›

Singapore News

phpMRhZH3.jpg

S'poreans donate S$250,000 to help teen who lost legs in MRT accident
Posted: 16 June 2011 0020 hrs
Nitcharee Peneakchanasak all smiles at the airport.

Photos 1 of 1

Nitcharee Peneakchanasak all smiles at the airport.

Related News
• Girl who lost legs in MRT accident returns to Thailand
• Father of Thai teen in MRT accident views CCTV footage
• Thai teen in MRT accident reunites with father
• Thai girl in MRT accident in serious but stable condition

SINGAPORE : Thai teenager Nitcharee Peneakchanasak, who lost both her legs after falling onto the MRT tracks in Ang Mo Kio two months ago, will be getting a sum of S$250,000 for her medical rehabilitation expenses.

The sum of money has been contributed by a group of anonymous Singaporean donors.

Nitcharee, who returned to Thailand on Monday, has plans to walk again with prosthetic legs, which are expected to cost around S$150,000.

A Singapore Red Cross statement said that a cheque for the S$250,000 will be presented by Singapore Red Cross (SRC) chairman Tee Tua Ba to Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, executive vice-president of the Thai Red Cross Society, in Bangkok on Thursday.

Meanwhile, a Singaporean living in Hong Kong wants to settle Nitcharee's hospital bills in full.

The man, who wants to remain anonymous, learnt of her plight from a Channel NewsAsia report on Monday. After watching the story on the channel, the benefactor made contact with Channel NewsAsia's Hong Kong bureau to find out how he could help pay her bills.

One of Nitcharee's legs was severed when the train hit her, and the other was so badly damaged that it had to be amputated.

Nitcharee had been in Singapore for about a month before the incident, learning English at a private school.

She had stayed with a family friend in Ang Mo Kio.

On the day of her departure, a smiling Nitcharee was able to wheel herself into the Budget Terminal in an electric wheelchair, a gift from the Rotary E-Club of Singapore.

Strangers at the airport's departure hall posed for photographs with her, and some gave small gifts and donations.

Rotary E-Club of Singapore president-elect Christopher Bek said Nitcharee's road to recovery will be an expensive one.

Her treatment in Singapore cost about S$50,000.

Her 56-year-old father, Mr Peneakchanasak, an insurance agent, has told reporters that he rejected SMRT's compensation offer of S$5,000 and has engaged a lawyer to ask for "fairer" compensation.

Nitcharee, who comes from Trang, in southern Thailand, plans to continue her treatment at the Sirinthorn Centre near Bangkok.

- CNA/ms

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least the money will be used to help the girl to walk, not like in the case of Huang Na's mother who used the money to buy a mansion in China!

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I am quite proud of my fellow singaporeans on this matter. Think about it, normal Singaporeans can band together and give $250K. SMRT decide to give $5K... Is it any wonder that the Woodlands water tank affair led to an offer of $10 discount on your PUB bill? There are real human beings in Singapore but animals running it.

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least the money will be used to help the girl to walk, not like in the case of Huang Na's mother who used the money to buy a mansion in China!

I don't care weather she crawl or die. Jump MRT in SG to get rich?

Foreigners will fly here all the way from Changi Airport straight Jump into MRT to go home quarter million dollar richer. 10 jumpers can cost us one PAP minister salary already.:eek::*::oIo:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foolish Singaporeans will only regret and realize cheated after they flu away with your money. Same for NKF!:oIo::oIo: Morons!:oIo::oIo:

It is amazing that you can make such statements and connect her loss of legs with TT Durai's gold tap and peanuts.

I wish she got more than $250K and I hope that she will use the money wisely to learn to walk again and live a dignified life earning a living.

How can those who gave her hope be construed as morons by you? Actually you can. But I disagree with you.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$250K - but a pair of legs gone. Money may not buy lifetime happiness for the gal. Imagine, she may have problem getting married or raising kids without legs.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think if that happen to our fellow sinkiesin thailand...you loss legs..your problem..eat shit n die better...

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is amazing that you can make such statements and connect her loss of legs with TT Durai's gold tap and peanuts.

I wish she got more than $250K and I hope that she will use the money wisely to learn to walk again and live a dignified life earning a living.

How can those who gave her hope be construed as morons by you? Actually you can. But I disagree with you.

These days super easy money to get from soft hearted SG idiots!

Huang Na still had to get raped and killed and dumped in forest for months before getting donations.

This Thai FT only lost legs. 死爸划算!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think if that happen to our fellow sinkiesin thailand...you loss legs..your problem..eat shit n die better...

Sound like Khaw Boon Wan philosophy of treating the sick and poor - go JB or Batam, singapore has no place for them.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Huang Na still had to get raped and killed and dumped in forest for months before getting donations.

She's not a FT lah...come singapore holiday..suay2 faint..legs kana run over....we sinkies kind hearted..donate 250k..imagine happen to sinkies..ivebert will be the first one in line to curse n swear..

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No lah, donations come from rich people only . My joe next door don't bother and the prostitute Ah Liang upstairs don't care if someone die or live.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
$250G for 2 legs...just because the person is a foreigner?..there may be some locals suffered same or other serious injuries, will they get $250G?...

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uniquely SG! Only SG is a jackpot land full of idiots!

Try your luck in Bangkok and jump rail claim you feel sick. See if they fuck care you dead or not!

Try Malaysia, try USA, try HK, try Japan, try UK, try Korea, try PRC, try India...

See got people care you die or not.

Only stupid soft hearted SG idiots will give you jackpot.

No wonder lan jiao useless PAP can still rule here, because the peasants are so useless and STUPID!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree !

dumb.jpg

No wonder lan jiao useless PAP can still rule here, because the peasants are so useless and STUPID!

Being kind is good but being overtly kind without restrain is stupid and pretentious. Some Sinkies are like that: too quick to forgive + very forgetful = dumb.

STUPID IS STUPID DOES ?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I agree !

Being kind is good but being overtly kind without restrain is stupid and pretentious. Some Sinkies are like that: too quick to forgive + very forgetful = dumb.

STUPID IS STUPID DOES ?

We have different values. If wanting that girl to have a good life is stupid, pretentious, dumb, then what sort of person are you? Clever, sincere and vocal?

Based on your words above, again I say that we indeed have different values.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone's son died serving NS, I dont hear of fellow singaporeans giving a hoot.:rolleyes: Sam is right, we are an island full of nut cases.

Actually I am quite proud of my fellow singaporeans on this matter. Think about it, normal Singaporeans can band together and give $250K. SMRT decide to give $5K... Is it any wonder that the Woodlands water tank affair led to an offer of $10 discount on your PUB bill? There are real human beings in Singapore but animals running it.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out Of Topic ?

We have different values. If wanting that girl to have a good life is stupid, pretentious, dumb, then what sort of person are you? Clever, sincere and vocal?

Based on your words above, again I say that we indeed have different values.

You did not read at all. What are you talking about ?

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
by de way, tat middleaged man cyclist who die-ed caused by reckless pedestrian, got any sympathy donation or not ?? or any white gold from LTA?
I din read Shitty times, i dunno leh !!

$250G for 2 legs...just because the person is a foreigner?..there may be some locals suffered same or other serious injuries, will they get $250G?...

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Try your luck in Bangkok and jump rail claim you feel sick. See if they fuck care you dead or not!

Try Malaysia, try USA, try HK, try Japan, try UK, try Korea, try PRC, try India...

See got people care you die or not.

Sg is ATM machine of idiotiCITY. Now the news is read by whole world and every desperate will come to our MRT to draw our ATM machine! There will be a long queue to JUMP MRT! This is more money than selling kidney!

Worth it!

:oIo::eek:

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
phpMRhZH3.jpg

See how happy like fuck she is with ELECTRIC WHEEL CHAIR already? Thank you SG suckers! My own grandma in SG did not even get such a good wheel chair and she died after Medisave Finished.:(:(