• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teochew Nang | 潮州人 - Sharing anything Teochew

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queen Seondeok Of Silla

Teochew Ah Nia Rocks! :smile:

But very Ngiao. :*:

Yu+shin.jpg

Tow Ghay Neo 头家娘 or 女 Nya ? 少女时代 Seo Neo See Day can be Nya instead of Neo too in Korean.

This word 郎 is pronounced as Nung by Korean and Teochew but Lung in Hokkien and Mandarin. 金庾信 Kim Yoo Shin was frequently called or greeted as Yeo Shin Nung but 华郎 Hwarang (warriors) instead.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
拍小人 Pah Seo Lin

You forgot the ending part. Allow me to assist.

Teochew nang
Kah chng ang ang
Pak si bor siang kang

To hit is 拍打 but 拍 Pah (Foochowese, Hokkien, Teochew) is the same as 打 Dah (Cantonese, Mandarin).

人 is Yin in Cantonese, Foochowese, Hakka and Korean. But, Jin in Taiwanese and Japanese. Also Lin in Hokkien as in 拍小人 Pah Seo Lin.

[video=youtube;bxtgAIapTtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxtgAIapTtk[/video]

sylvester134

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different naming of Words of Singapore Teochew and Original Teochew in China..

In Singapore , We say meat (肉) as "BAH".... the original Teochew call it >> "Nek"

So in Original Teochew , We call it >> 鱼肉 - He Nek ,鸡肉 - Goi Nek , 牛肉 - Gu Nek

In Singapore, "How Much" in Teochew , We say " Gui Liu?" ... In China, You say that.. they don't understand. You should say >> " Jiok Zoi Jeee?" - 几多钱?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 拍小人 Pah Seo Lin

Teochew is the top business dialect group among Chinese. Li Kashing is Teochew. The top Thai businessmen are mostly Teochew. Hakka is more political, I agree. But when crush comes to crunch, they still ask Teochew nicely for corruption money and coffee co-operation. The OUB example in Singapore is nearer to you all, if you know it. Teochew was under Hokkien province until Ming/Qing dynasties saga and Ming retreat to to Taiwan under Zheng Jing. Funny isn't it? How history has precedent and seems like repeating itself nowadays. Teochew was gerrymandered to Canton to keep Hokkien small as Canton was very supportive of Qing.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies' Dialects All Mixed Up

1201569091.jpg

Different naming of Words of Singapore Teochew and Original Teochew in China..

In Singapore , We say meat (肉) as "BAH".... the original Teochew call it >> "Nek"

So in Original Teochew , We call it >> 鱼肉 - He Nek ,鸡肉 - Goi Nek , 牛肉 - Gu Nek

In Singapore, "How Much" in Teochew , We say " Gui Liu?" ... In China, You say that.. they don't understand. You should say >> " Jiok Zoi Jeee?" - 几多钱?

A place in Korea (in the drama Queen Deokman) 鸡林 Gay Rim is Gheeay Ling in Foochowese but Gway Lim in Hokkien. 钱 Jhee is correct when Ella of S.H.E. said it herself. But, Jhyeng in Foochowese quite close to Mandarin.

牛肉 Ngoo Nuik for Foochowese and Ngow Yoke for Cantonese.

美珍香 Bee Cheng Hiang is Mee Jing Hyeong in Foochowese but May Zun Hyeong. As you can see, Mee is currently used by Japanese and Korean too though the Koreans (in a drama) do switch with May sometimes as in 美兰 May Lun (Cantonese) or Mee Lun whereas Foochowese is Mee Lung.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlPmDlrQoG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: this is the bestest! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XlPmDlrQoG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: this is the bestest! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This chap sings well. Was MC at some HFJs for their opening, anniversary etc. SS-linked.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This chap sings well. Was MC at some HFJs for their opening, anniversary etc. SS-linked.

he always borrow money from my ah long friend ....every sunday he will go to serangoon north ave 1 to la kopi with his kaki and his beloved bird .. ( cai jiao )

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he always borrow money from my ah long friend ....every sunday he will go to serangoon north ave 1 to la kopi with his kaki and his beloved bird .. ( cai jiao )

Yes, his reputation not so good in the nightlife circle. Last time also kena consumption masuk DRC. But I consider him a 'nang cai' minus his $ problems. He sure can command the attention of nightclub customers.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, his reputation not so good in the nightlife circle. Last time also kena consumption masuk DRC. But I consider him a 'nang cai' minus his $ problems. He sure can command the attention of nightclub customers.

yes my friend told me hes nick name is also call yo tau ong ( shake head king ) :wink: .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he ever appeared in one of those channel 8 documentaries on his drug addiction and how he quit it.

He showed his gangster side when he pushed away the reporters when jack neo's wife fainted. "zou kai, zou kai"

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he ever appeared in one of those channel 8 documentaries on his drug addiction and how he quit it.

He showed his gangster side when he pushed away the reporters when jack neo's wife fainted. "zou kai, zou kai"

Was told he's a member of Heng Kee. No 100% confirmation coz there are some others who claim he belongs to another SS group.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was told he's a member of Heng Kee. No 100% confirmation coz there are some others who claim he belongs to another SS group.

pai seh i don't know heng kee. What number group is it under? Some of them i have never even heard of. How do they compare to 18sgh or 24?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are Teochew and Hokkien very similar?
i knew Hokkien, not Teochew. but i can understand LTK Teochew during election rallies.

lianbeng is hokkien lang lah but used to live with teochew community since kindergarten lah.
teochew nang tend to speak at higher pitch than hokkien lang lah.
teochew nang1 and hokkien lang2 - see the diff?:biggrin: