• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi drivers are the lowest of low life

U

UpYoz_olo

agreed they are the lowest form of life even when compared to taxi drivers overseas. Hard life? My foot!!!! if not happy ask them to be cleaners or labourers. every job has its "difficulties" . It's a free world. They are the only form of jobs that is under protection from garmen. Overseas people and PR , non citizens are not allowed to drive a taxi.
Why don't they just liberalise the market like for all the other occupations and alllow PR and China men to drive taxis for half the pay the twice the hours........ and the fares and cheating would all come down tremendously!!! They are full of cheats and crap people who drive like they own the road but are gutless when challenged. Most of them are rejects of society, formers low class white collar people who are retrenched, lost jobs or born losers not happy in their job yet continuing doing it. Beats me why alot of taxi driversn always involved in bad news published in ST weekly. Almost all my colleagues have horror stories to tell me of these cab drivers. Doing all things like toutings, pimping for PRC pros, unprofessional behavior like hiding like a rat just before midnite, choosing passengers and destinations, etc. Real assh%les.
Believe me as I have seen the works and live in more than 10 countries overseas and the local ones are the crappiest of the lot. Park where they like and leave the diesel engines running when they go to coffee shops for their breaks. Like what one of the forumers said, where there are 4D outlets, you would fine taxis parked illegally while they go and gambled and buy 4D.
Take a taxi in Japan or even HK and you see the difference. the Japanese taxi drivers are also all employed by their companies but they are Professional and courteous ALL the time. Even HK taxi beats local ones anytime and cheaper too. Never understand this bunch of local sore losers. crap attitude and now the economy is bad, I would definitely boycott them and take MRT even though I can afford it.
To all taxi drivers, this is a free world and if you are NOT happy with your job, please quit, pack up and go elsewhere. Only born losers stay and whine even when they are not happy( obviously because the job is easy and the pay must be good in relation to the simple skill required. otherwise the govt would have liberalise the market a long time ago and not still rely on "protectionism" for these bunch of sore losers.) If it is that hard a job, comon sense would dictate that most people would have given up and migrate to other jobs a long time ago. I say let market forces rule and take away the "protectionist" regulation. What type of easy job driving a car and yet earn a few thousands a month? Production operators , bus drivers , labourers have it worse.

So?

Tiu!

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed they are the lowest form of life even when compared to taxi drivers overseas. Hard life? My foot!!!! if not happy ask them to be cleaners or labourers. every job has its "difficulties" . It's a free world. They are the only form of jobs that is under protection from garmen. Overseas people and PR , non citizens are not allowed to drive a taxi.
Why don't they just liberalise the market like for all the other occupations and alllow PR and China men to drive taxis for half the pay the twice the hours........ and the fares and cheating would all come down tremendously!!! They are full of cheats and crap people who drive like they own the road but are gutless when challenged. Most of them are rejects of society, formers low class white collar people who are retrenched, lost jobs or born losers not happy in their job yet continuing doing it. Beats me why alot of taxi driversn always involved in bad news published in ST weekly. Almost all my colleagues have horror stories to tell me of these cab drivers. Doing all things like toutings, pimping for PRC pros, unprofessional behavior like hiding like a rat just before midnite, choosing passengers and destinations, etc. Real assh%les.
Believe me as I have seen the works and live in more than 10 countries overseas and the local ones are the crappiest of the lot. Park where they like and leave the diesel engines running when they go to coffee shops for their breaks. Like what one of the forumers said, where there are 4D outlets, you would fine taxis parked illegally while they go and gambled and buy 4D.
Take a taxi in Japan or even HK and you see the difference. the Japanese taxi drivers are also all employed by their companies but they are Professional and courteous ALL the time. Even HK taxi beats local ones anytime and cheaper too. Never understand this bunch of local sore losers. crap attitude and now the economy is bad, I would definitely boycott them and take MRT even though I can afford it.
To all taxi drivers, this is a free world and if you are NOT happy with your job, please quit, pack up and go elsewhere. Only born losers stay and whine even when they are not happy( obviously because the job is easy and the pay must be good in relation to the simple skill required. otherwise the govt would have liberalise the market a long time ago and not still rely on "protectionism" for these bunch of sore losers.) If it is that hard a job, comon sense would dictate that most people would have given up and migrate to other jobs a long time ago. I say let market forces rule and take away the "protectionist" regulation. What type of easy job driving a car and yet earn a few thousands a month? Production operators , bus drivers , labourers have it worse.

Reading your post caused me to invent an adjective to decribe your thought process; Weeshuministic!Goodness me, where were you when Mah Boh Lan was overlooking transport issues? Things never improve since that period except that Comfort Delgro became one of the biggest transport companies in the world in terms of assets (ie: Money).

Why don't they just liberalise the market like for all the other occupations and alllow PR and China men to drive taxis for half the pay the twice the hours........

Do you dare, state your real name and for the record without reservation implement the policy you are proposing if you are in charge as the ministry of transport, allow 'PR and China men' to drive taxis here, you call them china men, not me. It shows what you think of them. don't you? Are you are willing to bear the responsibility for all the consequences of whatever the problems that result?

Our cab drivers work 12 hour shifts, so if china men drive twice the hours, that'll be 24 hrs! LOL, you must be the one who is going to invent a totally free renewable source of energy in the future.......................

and the fares and cheating would all come down tremendously!!!
I'll leave this to all with a full brain to to conclude the possibility..............

[QUOTE]They are full of cheats and crap people who drive like they own the road but are gutless when challenged.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to leave the cheat and crap part aside. I want to ask you this. Had you ever challenged them to meet you somewhere for a one to one without witnesses when they are not driving a taxi so therefore are not handicapped
by 'corporate policies and LTA laws? I'm sure you will have more credibility in your words if you had!

[QUOTE]Most of them are rejects of society, formers low class white collar people who are retrenched, lost jobs or born losers [/QUOTE]
Doing all things like toutings, pimping for PRC pros, unprofessional behavior like hiding like a rat just before midnite, choosing passengers and destinations, etc. Real assh%les.

So you believe that PRs and Chinamen are not like that? Singapore society must be a makeup of two segments of society. You obviously belong to one, and not the other, which I will again let readers reach their own conclusions-as to which.

[QUOTE]the Japanese taxi drivers are also all employed by their companies but they are Professional and courteous
[/QUOTE]Had you ever tried to be rude and act like an arsehole towards them, or the Hong Kong drivers for that matter? The way I presume by your tirade, towards our drivers? And by the way, if you had really been to Japan, how much did it cost you , the trip from Tokyo to Narita international Airport? Or the fare of an average ride in the cities. If you have no idea, then you had had only travelled on public buses or had your cab fare paid on your company's tab!

Production operators , bus drivers , labourers have it worse.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and they are all beating a door to the LTA's taxi section for a licence.

You are just the typical SINKIE, the kind that perpetuates the cycle of hate among Singaporeons!:oIo:

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
to zeit; I don't wanna quote and cram the whole place up, but keeping in mind what i said when i started this thread, taxi drivers are mostly losers save a few okay ones

if they just do the job and sop they can make easily $2,500 a month net

but they make life difficult for themselves by excessive gambling, inconsiderate driving and look down on other people when it is they themselves who are the lowlife

you must remember they really have nowhere else to go, they are those who cannot get along with anyone kena retrenched failed every attempt to get another job because of very bad attitude

i think the taxi industry would be better if the taxi companies are delisted, reformed back as co-operatives BUT most importantly, everyone who have clean driving record can be allowed to drive, no protection at all

if arabs, chinese and europeans can drive taxis in new york, why can't they do the same here.

i say open the doors to PRC to drive taxis, it will definitely bring costs down and quality up

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should put all taxi licence holders through a sieve and only retain the good ones, will that help? The way we get the creme de la creme to be our ministers? LOL..........................

Taxi drivers come from Sinkieland. They are Sinkies, so are we.......................

tchinkoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard from a friend nowadays drive taxis no need contract one

like say today drive; any time 1 2 returned also can then if feel like

driving go take again. like freelance

then again whether tough or not we don't noe

Every trade has his up N down

But most ppl like to bully taxi driver in singapore

when they are overseas kenna overcharge also they
quiet quiet pay HAHA.....

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
to zeit; I don't wanna quote and cram the whole place up, but keeping in mind what i said when i started this thread, taxi drivers are mostly losers save a few okay ones

if they just do the job and sop they can make easily $2,500 a month net

but they make life difficult for themselves by excessive gambling, inconsiderate driving and look down on other people when it is they themselves who are the lowlife

you must remember they really have nowhere else to go, they are those who cannot get along with anyone kena retrenched failed every attempt to get another job because of very bad attitude

i think the taxi industry would be better if the taxi companies are delisted, reformed back as co-operatives BUT most importantly, everyone who have clean driving record can be allowed to drive, no protection at all

if arabs, chinese and europeans can drive taxis in new york, why can't they do the same here.

i say open the doors to PRC to drive taxis, it will definitely bring costs down and quality up

You want CHEAP fare, and to be treated like a "KING".....
Why dont you try to be one.

If you show the right attitude, surely you will be serve the same amount of attitude.

Very simple!

Put aside taxi driver personal life. Non of your business or mine as well.

You recommend to allow PR/Foreigner to flood in singapore and STEAL singaporean rice bowl, this is what I am telling you straigth into your stinky face "FUCK YOU".

Dont compare Singapore size with Europe. If you want to drive Singapore Taxi, then be singapore citizen.

From your earlier posting, you seems to be desperate to get another job and higly possible you are PR holder.

I sensed that you have already lost your job and now you expect Singapore to feed you with another job in the expense of singaporean life.

You are pathetic-retard!!!

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with besotted and ors. We are talking about the negative general impression created by the taxi drivers themselves! Of course there are a few good ones! But majority of them are crappy. It boils down to poor work attitude and too much cynicism. Many among them are irresponsible and treat taxi driving as a stepping stone into something bigger. These drivers are living in dreamland hoping to strike it rich through gambling. Without being focussed on their job as taxi drivers, they became a menace to other road users and themselves. Statistics on road accidents and anecdotal evidence speak volumes! Most if not all are opportunists and egoistic, quick to condemn and criticise, even more ready to resort to violence and expletives. Only a handful of good ones found themselves as victims of such violence including robbery. Usually they are the aggressors! Oh yes, some are also downright cheekopek, always on the lookout for cheap thrills!
The overall verdict- bad bad bad.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Tchinkoo had mentioned, it's possible now to drive a Taxi on short leases now. Why don't some of you go through the process of obtaining a vocation licence and give it a try for a few months to get a grasp of what it's like to be cab driver? But the truth is that you won't get the true picture unless you are at least a three year veteran on the average. That's what all old timers unanimously agree is the most accurate gauge. They agree too, it is the 30% of bad drivers who gave them the bad image. Try talking to the nice Taxi drivers next time for an insight into their working lives. I know. I was one for ten years.............

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading your post caused me to invent an adjective to decribe your thought process; Weeshuministic!Goodness me, where were you when Mah Boh Lan was overlooking transport issues? Things never improve since that period except that Comfort Delgro became one of the biggest transport companies in the world in terms of assets (ie: Money).

Do you dare, state your real name and for the record without reservation implement the policy you are proposing if you are in charge as the ministry of transport, allow 'PR and China men' to drive taxis here, you call them china men, not me. It shows what you think of them. don't you? Are you are willing to bear the responsibility for all the consequences of whatever the problems that result?

Our cab drivers work 12 hour shifts, so if china men drive twice the hours, that'll be 24 hrs! LOL, you must be the one who is going to invent a totally free renewable source of energy in the future.......................

I'll leave this to all with a full brain to to conclude the possibility..............

[QUOTE]They are full of cheats and crap people who drive like they own the road but are gutless when challenged.

I'm going to leave the cheat and crap part aside. I want to ask you this. Had you ever challenged them to meet you somewhere for a one to one without witnesses when they are not driving a taxi so therefore are not handicapped
by 'corporate policies and LTA laws? I'm sure you will have more credibility in your words if you had!

[QUOTE]Most of them are rejects of society, formers low class white collar people who are retrenched, lost jobs or born losers [/QUOTE]

So you believe that PRs and Chinamen are not like that? Singapore society must be a makeup of two segments of society. You obviously belong to one, and not the other, which I will again let readers reach their own conclusions-as to which.

[/QUOTE]Had you ever tried to be rude and act like an arsehole towards them, or the Hong Kong drivers for that matter? The way I presume by your tirade, towards our drivers? And by the way, if you had really been to Japan, how much did it cost you , the trip from Tokyo to Narita international Airport? Or the fare of an average ride in the cities. If you have no idea, then you had had only travelled on public buses or had your cab fare paid on your company's tab!

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and they are all beating a door to the LTA's taxi section for a licence.

You are just the typical SINKIE, the kind that perpetuates the cycle of hate among Singaporeons!:oIo:[/QUOTE]
To zeit, the truth hurts right? too bad you do not even know what you are talking about. You probably have not even gone to Japan. In Japan the airport is 70 km away from city centre and per km still cheaper. In japan a 1-2 km ride during lunch hour costs probably $8 at most. Try that in singapore and you get $10-12with all the stupid surcharges. How come taxis in HK is cheaper? Maybe you are one of them cab drivers stung by the truth. I don't even have to open my mouth to know how crude these cab drivers are. Once I took a cab from the airport and the stupid driver assumed I was from overseas and ask if I'm interested in a female companion(Pros). if that is not pimping what is???? Go ahead if you dare and ask you friends about local cab drivers and most would give you disgusting feedbacks like what alot of people here wrote. Like I said it a free world and if you cannot take the job quit!!!! Likewise if you cannot take criticsm, please get out of this forum. If housemen doctors in singapore can work 30 hours nonstop what is the big deal working 12 hours????????? Crap stupid logic of yours. alot of people works 12-14 hours earning less and never complain. what's the big deal with 10-12 hours sitting on you butts driving a cab.

FYI alot of bus drivers in Singapore are from China or Malaysia and are willing to trade places with these whiners. Go and speak to them if you dare. Why locals refused to drive the buses???? you know the reasons why the bus companies employ foreigners to drive buses as they complain less and work more. How come restrictions only apply to taxis? go ahead the read the newspapers! Likewise all these touting by cab drivers in the papers is bad enough, why talk about possibilities (PRs and China men) when they are excluded in the first place.
You are just the typical SINKIE, the kind that taht whines and think the whole world revolves around you!! too bad recession is here and in any job if you are not happy please quit and be a labourer or bus driver or production operator. It's a free world and nobody likes whiners who refused to quit and whine all day.These people are cowards and born losers.
FYI I have challenged a taxi driver many times and they always chickened out. What makes you think they are so special??? if they are any good they wouldn't be whining about everything. There is no smoke without fire and too bad alot of postings here by others concur with my negative opinion about these low lifes losers.

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll look for your future postings when I need a laugh......................in the meantime, you are on my ignore list!

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I once thought of driving a cab and even applied for LTA course

Then I woke up from my idea and decided to enjoy life as a downgrader

Anyway Singapore is so small and there are very few instances when you need to take cab

If I am not carrying anything heavy I will walk if less than 5km

Take taxi is waste of money

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
lousy spore citizen taxi drivers : i'll bear with it. i dun take taxis often anyway..

PRC or FT taxi drivers in spore : no way!! :oIo:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, earlier tonight I was at Parkway Parade taxi stand and when my turn came, I chose the Mercedes taxi behind the Blue Comfort cab and the driver in front boey song came out and shouted at me, saying what's wrong with his cab, why I must take Mercedes

Hello? Born yesterday ah? ..

I waved him off and because he was so loud and foul mouthed, Parkway Parade security asked him to drive away without any passenger. That started an argument. I asked the Mercedes taxi don't drive off first , let me see show.

For the next two minutes the driver in front was complaining he waited 20 minutes blah blah blah and not fair to him.

Well if he kept his mouth shut, somebody would take his cab. Now everybody siam him and even Parkway security asked him to go.

My Mercedes cab driver said customer is king and I smiled. I asked him to put on class 95and he did. I asked him turn aircon stronger and he did. That's the way it should be.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comfort Delgro just bought over another PRC taxi company. Hopefully in the near future the government can consider opening the taxi business to PRs and foreigners so that Singaporeans can get better service

Already many bus drivers here are PRC Chinese because they are willing to work hard and not give customers or boss any trouble.

People who are not happy attheir jobs should just do something else instead of giving passengers a hard time and threatening other road users through dangerous driving

mrbell1009

Alfrescian
Loyal
besotted,

Do you remember a taxi driver punched an MP. Very soon a taxi driver is going to smash up a minister. Mark my word, it will happen.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
besotted,

Do you remember a taxi driver punched an MP. Very soon a taxi driver is going to smash up a minister. Mark my word, it will happen.

Doubt so as most ministers have bodyguards and almost all taxi drivers are basically cowards. I remember that incident widely published in the newspaapers. The taxi driver almost got charged in court if not for the fact that the police were called and he quickly apologised and beg for forgiveness from the MP and the MP withdrew the charge as he did not want to blow up the case as it would also affect his reputation.... The taxi driver apparently wants some unreasonable demand and the MP said no and was punched immediately and police were called.
Just go to show how unreasonable and cowardly they are. If you dare to beat up some body please be man enough to face the charges. Most cabbies dare not touch their man passengers as they know they probably be punched back immediately. Only good for shouting and threatening. Have encountered quite a few of these cowards. I just told them off and glare at them in the eyes as if I am going to explode and they would chicken out always. Try it. That's why they are mostly low lifes. Like what most postings here concur, if they are not happy, please quit and find another job and do not pass your stress to others. Every job has its stress and it's no big deal being a cab driver. Maybe should follow New york and otehr countries where they allow pakistanis, africans, immigrants drive taxis and service improved immediately.

Last edited:

mrbell1009

Alfrescian
Loyal
numero uno,

Do you remember Hock Lee bus strike in the 50's. Violence and bloodshed started from the transport industry. History will repeat itself. Violence and bloodshed will start from the taxi drivers. It will happen.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for those who are elderly or handicapped, taxis are a bloody waste of time

Also they are not environmentally friendly

If possible, don't take taxis at all

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for those who are elderly or handicapped, taxis are a bloody waste of time

Also they are not environmentally friendly

If possible, don't take taxis at all

agreed wholeheartedly. alot of taxi are old diesel taxis not even Euro IV and these are highly toxic to drivers and passengers breathing in PM5 and PM2.5 microparticulate matter. Do an internet search and you realise these old diesel taxis emitting copius amount of such toxic particles literally causes alot of heart attacks ,cancers ,strokes, asthma, lung problems, kidney disease(search the internet under diesel and harmful effects). In Europe they literally ban such diesel vehicles from entering city centres(see munich /germany cities council regulation). The diesel taxis in Japan and europe are cleaner as they are euro IV and V soon. Pollution is a major problem and I avoid all diesel taxis . Why take them and breathe in a lungful of truly poisonous soot, worse than smoking. Google it and you would be shocked at how toxic they are .
To compound the problem alot of these idiots leave the engine running when they park along coffee shops or along the road to rest. Although there is a fine if they leave the engine running as far as I understand, who is there to enforce or fine them . Many times I call NEA or LTA and they just can be bthered or give stupid excuses like "we would write to them a warning" as if these crap taxi drivers bbothered????!!! What wrong with these people??? selfish inconsiderate craps.
Those that are LPG are better. Even in thailand most taxis have converted to LPG. the taxis companies here are not botehr as they just want to make money.