• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Yong Soon "Tio Kan" by Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why, secretly I love Harry Lee! :biggrin: , while 'Rome' burns, "Nero" fiddle..ala Tan Yong Soon.

I remember way back in 1998, during the Asian Financial Crises, when many lost, were loosing or in the process of loosing their jobs; my friend mentioned this to me, with regards to his CIVIL SERVANT'S relatives. Over family dinners, they were talking about their house purchases, their car purchases, their holidays, their children attending this & that; while the rest were facing GRIM future.

So, while "Rome" burn, the CIVIL SERVANTS, "Neros", fiddles...:mad:, this will create deep chasm between the 'have' & the 'have-nots'; a disatrous social problem in the future. Resentment, envy, etc..will set in, resulting in verbal abuses, maybe lynching...in worst cases, burning, etc...

Teo Chee Hean, did the right thing in censoring this Tan Yong Soon...I think, it is too little, too late!...the rot had already started!..scary!:eek:

So if this problem is not new, then why are you guys making a big hoo ha out of it?

Weren't we told that if we don't shape up, life will give us a good kick in the balls? This is just another chapter in how life will give us lesser mortals a good kick in the balls etc.

I think your scenario of lynching and burning is too far fetched. One crazy old man doesn't mean that all sinkies are so crazy. Can violence solve anything? People aren't so free and stupid or inhumane.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are spot on. They are so detached that they are living in a world of their own. Many years ago, when I told close associates that there were married couples in the civil service at the age of 32 who are drawing 400K a year, they could not believe it.

Now the figure is 700K without bonus. They holiday in remote places, they golf at Sentosa and not SICC, their lives revolve around Alpha club until the highly competitive nature causes friction. They tend seek religion in new age churches.

Contrary to popular belief, Social Engineering has not ended. Scholars are encouraged to mate one another. There are special sessions held before and after 1st year for this of their scholarship. It has become a society by itself.

We should have studied harder and took scholarships huh? :smile: Nice to know that there are still people with decent pay to spend and keep the economy going. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should have studied harder and took scholarships huh? :smile: Nice to know that there are still people with decent pay to spend and keep the economy going. :smile:

You are missing the picture.

Every citizen is a valuable entity in a country. The goal is to reach some sort of practical egalitarianism with transparency right across. Australia is a good example. Everyone no matter what their position or rank in society is some sort of a mate. They punch above their weight for their population of 20m They have produced 9 nobel laurettes and numerous olympic golds medals well above their share on a per capita basis.

Some like to be farmers, some a meachnic and some cricketers. Some choose to be laid back.

Even if all singaporeans are aware of the rewards for scholarship, not all can be accommodated even if they can get 10 straight As.

The single most important thing is that they know society will take care of them if hardship falls. Can our politicians or civil servants say that. Heard of anything that we won on the world stage. Even the Malaysian reached Everest before us.

Its not the scholarship but what you can make out of this country and what you can do for the country.

ps. they are actually shy to say that their scholars in OZ as it means standing out from the crowd.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
not your money lah!

your paymaster is the people of sinkapor!

I fully agree, he is one of the many over paid chi liao bee hiding inside various gov sector.

If Creative Sim go on a lavish holiday, I'm sure people don't react this way.

We all know for a fact gov feed all these fast track scholar well so there will not be enough intelligent people revolting against them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only the stupid and naive will fall into the crap trap of spending that much for a cooking course.

we have french cooking classes here followed by dinner for less than 50 an evening, and they are taught by chefs from france. we eat what we cook.

mortals of greater mind and libido would rather spend that money on a bevy of french beauties and screw their brains out. better still if the french mistress cook all meals and pay for the fuck. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if this problem is not new, then why are you guys making a big hoo ha out of it?

Weren't we told that if we don't shape up, life will give us a good kick in the balls? This is just another chapter in how life will give us lesser mortals a good kick in the balls etc.

I think your scenario of lynching and burning is too far fetched. One crazy old man doesn't mean that all sinkies are so crazy. Can violence solve anything? People aren't so free and stupid or inhumane.

We are not making a hoo-hah over this, nor are we going to get envious about the civil servants, who in their own right; is earning an income.

But, apparently, some, bloated by years of good renumerations, have forgotten to eat humble pie (btw, Devan Nair mentioned about humble pies); have become snobbish & in the case of this SAF scholar Tan..."INSENSITIVE".

We lesser mortals, childen of a lesser gods, have already being kicked in the 'balls', by economic downturn, one after another...1976, 1984, 1991, 1997....haven't you forgotten or have so short of memory. Have already 'bitten the bullet'.....but we do not have to be kicked hard again in the raw exposed wound again & again; by insensitive display of oppulence & now remarks!?:mad:

Yes!, one mad man or another or another, would not make a difference. You have many, middle class, elderdery...out of work, in desperation to pay bills, etc...you have a cauldron of neurotic minds, that will go destructive & will cause mayhem; if it is uncheck now. You don't need a terrorist with ill-intent, all you need to, is to get one neurotic person, who may lynch, burn....!!, is this scenario, too far-fecthed?

anything is possible...when one is hungry, angry & desperate...and read another spending obscene money (whose, who cares!), on opulence, and another calling them 'lesser mortals'?..what do you think, you will get? "Kickapoo, joy juice?"..:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He has the right not be humble and show you the lesser mortal the middle finger.

It is you sinkies that vote for them in. So dun blame him for behaving like this. You , sinkies deserve it.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the picture.

Every citizen is a valuable entity in a country. The goal is to reach some sort of practical egalitarianism with transparency right across. Australia is a good example. Everyone no matter what their position or rank in society is some sort of a mate. They punch above their weight for their population of 20m They have produced 9 nobel laurettes and numerous olympic golds medals well above their share on a per capita basis.

Some like to be farmers, some a meachnic and some cricketers. Some choose to be laid back.

Even if all singaporeans are aware of the rewards for scholarship, not all can be accommodated even if they can get 10 straight As.

The single most important thing is that they know society will take care of them if hardship falls. Can our politicians or civil servants say that. Heard of anything that we won on the world stage. Even the Malaysian reached Everest before us.

Its not the scholarship but what you can make out of this country and what you can do for the country.

ps. they are actually shy to say that their scholars in OZ as it means standing out from the crowd.

During the old days, there are less than 10 with 8 A's at O levels, and perhaps, a few with 4 A's at A levels per year.

I heard that during the past decade, there are more than 100 with 10 A's, and more than 100 with 4 A's. Therefore, there are many who may be eligible for the top scholarships.

I challenge the Singapore government to state that the government will look after any citizen in dire circumstances. I believe that the govt has the resources, but dare not and will not make that statement.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowing that ST actually have internal censorship, its a surprise that TAN's artcile was allowed to be printed.

its as if someone in MITA or ST wanted to sabo Tan and put him in a bad light.

If that is so, then the person had achived his aim very very well. Tan is an idiot to have allow it to happen himself.
Maybe this did not slipped through? Maybe, it was a PR move gone bad?

With all the doom and gloom in the papers, maybe the ST wanted to print something "lighter"?

Maybe, just maybe.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I heard that during the past decade, there are more than 100 with 10 A's, and more than 100 with 4 A's. Therefore, there are many who may be eligible for the top scholarships.

bro, what good is high IQ without decent EQ? :eek::eek::eek: