• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian replies to "smears"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. People are looking for quality and substance. Granted that all 3 were with the PAP. Granted that TKL left first. Other than he leaving first, I don't he has done anything meaningful to society except mini-bonds.

I have asked if he has been involved in any charities or social endeavors but did not get any response even from GMS. All I kept getting is that his values of PAP has changed.

His reasons for running for EP is more than misguided. This is evident in his statement about not wanting to run for Parliament because he does not want to run a town council and that he wants to influence decision. He also keeps repeating that he is reluctant to run but others have persuaded him to run. Who are these people that is egging him on is unknown except for 3 or 4.

this victoros is a real loser man. Don't have the intellectual ability to support and defend TKL, start attacking people calling them fools, dishonest, vulgar... Use own 5 year old son to validate his points... fucking disgraceful. What FISCA??? that "tupperware" club is dead. You know why? Cus TKL and his band of supporters are kosong. You know what is kosong? It means without substance. Nobody is buying your wares. And it doesn't help when 3rd rate supporters sabotage the TKL brandname with their incompetence, insulting the very forum they try to raise support.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think that having a wife is a qualification to being a President (does not say that President should be married). If a wife should pass away does it mean the President should step down because he can no longer perform the duties he is elected for? So having a wife is great but I do not really care. Just as I do not really care if the person look Presidential (TT looks the part with his grey combed back hair).

TKL and TCB's skeletons will be dug out by the commission. TKL even more as he poses the greater threat to establishment. So I am not too worried about that part.

So we are left with backbone and independence. In my view TCB is more of a consensus builder, not one to rock the boat. My feel is that is pressed by MM he will yield. TKL may have other motives but he seems to have more of a backbone.

But I am open to both men and have to hear what they say. So far I like TKL's offer to donate majority of Presidential salary. At the very least that would set the bar for minister's pay. That is also a shot across the bow to show independence. TCB is a wealthy man and does not need this $4M. For him to keep this $4M shows that he does not want to rock the boat or worse still, he is in it for the $.

Couple of points bro.

I think it is a given that nearly everyone agrees that TT is not independent at all. All his actions, in cabinet, in Parliament and all his life, he followed the establishment to the hilt. Even GCT, tended to meander with some of his statements and not this guy. The very fact that he became SPH chairman is huge redflag - custodian of the state controlled propaganda unit.

TKL remained silent for more than 30 years, retired and then began speaking up. However very little substance in what he says. TCB before, during and after he was firing away with his remarks at the establishment - consistent.

The wife for the office is president is unlike any other public office. Even wife of the PM does not come close. Protocol requires her to carry out state duties. This is fundamental to most heads of state around the world. That is the reason why when you first attended kindergarten you would see the photo of the president and his consort. It is not there because the photo frame is cheap.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consort passing away in office is very different from a reluctant wife. A good consort who has captured the heart of the nation and who passes away in office maybe a unifying force. That is a very different thing.

I think it best that you highlight TKL's qualities and achievements as everyone is struggling with it.

I do not think that having a wife is a qualification to being a President (does not say that President should be married). If a wife should pass away does it mean the President should step down because he can no longer perform the duties he is elected for? So having a wife is great but I do not really care. Just as I do not really care if the person look Presidential (TT looks the part with his grey combed back hair).

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view TCB is more of a consensus builder, not one to rock the boat. My feel is that is pressed by MM he will yield. TKL may have other motives but he seems to have more of a backbone.

TCB may have yielded but I still find the audacity to speak out what he thinks is good enough, given that not many people would even dare to force a fart out in front of MM. :smile:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB may have yielded but I still find the audacity to speak out what he thinks is good enough, given that not many people would even dare to force a fart out in front of MM. :smile:

yep, and that is exactly why I will support him. This man is straight forward. He doesn't pander to the opposition nor the PAP. I like that. He is more sincere. He declares he will run for presidency from day one. No caveats, no Plan B, no indication that he is running because people force him to. He is going for Presidency and thats that. As a man or human being with backbone, thats the way to live life. I am going to do the following A, B and C. No ifs no buts about it.

Tony Tan, I understand, is very reluctant to do this shit. He built his legacy and saw no reason to descend into the fray. LKY put a gun to his head practically... Hey, this is from the OCBC family, you think he needs your lousy $4m? He was first choice to be PM and turn it down. He quit to protest LHL slap of his colleague. I wished he was PM instead of GCT. Maybe we would not have that asset enhancement PONZI scheme that is going to screw the generations to come.

TKL just reeks of slime to me. Why must get petition, why must give up $4m? TKL, let me tell you... if you can do the EP job properly, keep that $4m. You scared cannot perform is it? This sounds like the NTUC income policies that we buy. Sound attractive with freebies, but you get screwed when you try to claim.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Victoros,

IMO, you may be trying to disorientate dicussions on TKL, or your cognitive skills are in a mess.

To make a long story, short...

1. First, you claim committe members do not wish to openly disclose their involvement in FiSCA because of conflict with their employment. And do not wish the list to be published in the website.

2. Contrary to your claims, the listing can be found in the FiSCA website.

3. And if conflict with their employment is their concern, they don't even want to be seen, do they? But they meet members and risk being exposed to their employers:confused:

4. Either the whole organization is a joke, or you are spreading misinformation about the organization.

The list goes on........, and I'd rather end here:smile:.

BUT continue with the discussion proper so that we can make an informed choice for an EP however restrict in executive powers maybe.

I am trying not to sabotage anyone. However, I see a need to clarify this point rather than the netizens keep blaming Tan Kin Lian regarding this matter. There is Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC) claiming to protect consumer rights. Many consumers did not receive reasonable assistance from them. They said it was because FIDReC was sponsored by those financial institutions and banking institutions in Singapore.

FiSCA was not sponsor by any financial institutions and banking institutions but strictly on membership basis.

You must understand that it is not easy to get appropriate professionals to come forward and providing free assistance to FiSCA independently. However, if you are a member of FiSCA, you will know the committee members or at least, the person whom is assisting you with your issue.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
You are avoiding my question. Why TT requires to go round the world before he decides to collect the PE forms ? Is he really interested to stand or because PAP and subsequently, the US approves him to stand for EP ? TCB went to collect the forms without his wife. It shows his wife may not support his endeavor to contest for EP.

You are correct. TCB collected the EP forms on 1 June. TT was still the last (or maybe not) and very much later to collect the forms than TCB and TKL.

I'm not avoiding your question. Simply not interested in TT at all, his actions, words, etc.
As for TCB collecting the forms without his wife meaning that his wife may not support his endeavour, that is not logical at all. Hope your wife supports your work because I'm sure she doesn't follow you to work everyday.

The public perception is probably that it shows humility for the candidate to collect the forms himself. Some people are more impressed if the wife follows, others are not.

I am correct about TCB collecting the forms before TKL? Thank you.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB went to collect the PE forms without his wife. So, my question is still valid : Does his wife disapproves to his endeavor to contest for EP too ? TT was the last candidate to collect the EP forms because he has to seek approval from PAP and went to collect the EP forms after visiting the US for support ?

Victoros,

Get your facts right. Dr Tan Cheng Bock collected his forms together with his wife. And if you have bothered visiting his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock you will find that his wife featured prominently in the walkabout photos. So, please stay on your mission of supporting TKL instead of misleading others about what Dr TCB is doing. Thanks.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still waiting for the two to define their roles in a Presidency.

Consort passing away in office is very different from a reluctant wife. A good consort who has captured the heart of the nation and who passes away in office maybe a unifying force. That is a very different thing.

I think it best that you highlight TKL's qualities and achievements as everyone is struggling with it.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL is a reluctant EP wannbe and his wife is an even more reluctant EP's running mate wannabe. So don't blame any one if they are reluctant to vote for TKL.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
A forumer wrote to comment that there is no transparency in FiSCA because even the list of committee member was not exhibited on the FiSCA website. My recollection is that he was correct but there are reasons that the list was not disclose. However, you have claimed that the list was publish on the website now. I am unable to find the list though.

The meeting with FiSCA members will not risk been exposed to their employers. This is because, those meetings with financial institutions and/or banking institutions will be handle by Tan Kin Lian or his Vice President.

Victoros,

IMO, you may be trying to disorientate dicussions on TKL, or your cognitive skills are in a mess.

To make a long story, short...

1. First, you claim committe members do not wish to openly disclose their involvement in FiSCA because of conflict with their employment. And do not wish the list to be published in the website.

2. Contrary to your claims, the listing can be found in the FiSCA website.

3. And if conflict with their employment is their concern, they don't even want to be seen, do they? But they meet members and risk being exposed to their employers:confused:

4. Either the whole organization is a joke, or you are spreading misinformation about the organization.

The list goes on........, and I'd rather end here:smile:.

BUT continue with the discussion proper so that we can make an informed choice for an EP however restrict in executive powers maybe.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting pov bro...

me thinks harry may hv to put on his machevellian hat once again n try n come up wif another cunning dastardly plan...wifout showing his footprint...will it be necessary n if so, can it be done wifout causing a huge public uproar that son LHL may find hard to quell?...more questions than ans arise...

In my POV, Tony Tan represents the old PAP going into the last election - "we tell you he is independent and he is so". That is despite fact that TT was, until just a few days ago, deputy Chairman of Gov of Singapore Investment Corp.

TCB is where PAP wants to be in the next GE. Able to criticize parts of the establishment (gov policies) but not the most sensitive areas (why are relatives in various position of power). TCB will not rock the boat and when push comes to shove he will back off. He knows his place. That was what happened when he was MP. "MM Lee was very angry. He scolded me and asked everyone whether he or I could lead Singapore better. Of course he is a much bigger man than me! I didn’t want to quarrel with him,so we had a very very formal relationship." Problem here is that the Presidential powers if acted upon will confront GIC and or Temasek (where reserves are invested) - both of these org are headed by MM (former GIC chairman), PM (current GIC chairman) and Tony Tan (until a few days ago Deputy GIC chairman). Question is whether TCB will stand his ground or back down.

TKL - has an axe to grind and has political ambition. He is an attack dog that will use his presidential powers. He is the one PAP fears most. TKL could very well launch his own party in the next GE using the Presidency as a platform.

So if we want an independent check against use of reserves, TKL is the man. He has blemishes and all. Some say he is power hungry - so he could very well use every single clause provided for in the Presidency. But he would have swallowed the 3rd key, armed with a club saying "you have to get through me".

I for one do not care who the wife is.

It is almost as if PAP fielded 2 candidates - the old school establishment PAP candidate, PAP lite - TCB and TKL is the wild card that stepped into the ring because of good opposition sentiments.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like u sure like to shoot fm the hip dude...i believe TCB's wife did indeed accompany TCB to collect the forms at the ED...

as for yr comments on TT...pure conjecture n speculation wifout any basis...why the urgency since the Writ has not even been issued as yet?...in any event yr pal TKL supposedly still had not even made up his mind to run when another pal of his went to collect the forms on his behalf at the ED...so yr comment on timming is irrelevant in supporting TKL's character position...

TCB went to collect the PE forms without his wife. So, my question is still valid : Does his wife disapproves to his endeavor to contest for EP too ? TT was the last candidate to collect the EP forms because he has to seek approval from PAP and went to collect the EP forms after visiting the US for support ?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL so reluctant to run but already has plans to set up his own 'kitchen' president's council if elected???!!!!...talk abt delusions of grandeur...

You are right. People are looking for quality and substance. Granted that all 3 were with the PAP. Granted that TKL left first. Other than he leaving first, I don't he has done anything meaningful to society except mini-bonds.

I have asked if he has been involved in any charities or social endeavors but did not get any response even from GMS. All I kept getting is that his values of PAP has changed.

His reasons for running for EP is more than misguided. This is evident in his statement about not wanting to run for Parliament because he does not want to run a town council and that he wants to influence decision. He also keeps repeating that he is reluctant to run but others have persuaded him to run. Who are these people that is egging him on is unknown except for 3 or 4.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
excellent stuff bro...kudos to u...

yep, and that is exactly why I will support him. This man is straight forward. He doesn't pander to the opposition nor the PAP. I like that. He is more sincere. He declares he will run for presidency from day one. No caveats, no Plan B, no indication that he is running because people force him to. He is going for Presidency and thats that. As a man or human being with backbone, thats the way to live life. I am going to do the following A, B and C. No ifs no buts about it..

aiyah i dont know what's the big fuss over this cheap strategy thrown up by TKL?...nothing new what?...didn't andrew kuan first come up wif something kinda of similar in 2005?...i hv still yet to c any true credibility n "backbone" fm TKL...

TKL just reeks of slime to me. Why must get petition, why must give up $4m? TKL, let me tell you... if you can do the EP job properly, keep that $4m. You scared cannot perform is it? This sounds like the NTUC income policies that we buy. Sound attractive with freebies, but you get screwed when you try to claim.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup n in the pouring rain to boot!!...

Victoros,

Get your facts right. Dr Tan Cheng Bock collected his forms together with his wife. And if you have bothered visiting his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock you will find that his wife featured prominently in the walkabout photos. So, please stay on your mission of supporting TKL instead of misleading others about what Dr TCB is doing. Thanks.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL - has an axe to grind and has political ambition. He is an attack dog that will use his presidential powers. He is the one PAP fears most.

Have to disagree man. That weakass petition shit, asking losers to get election form for him, waffling on whether he wants to run or not... These are not traits of an attack dog, more like a castrated poodle. It is damn gay :rolleyes:

Another word to add is that GMS came out in the media saying he quit being NSP sec-gen and can concentrate on helping TKL on his campaign... Not really sure if its a champagne popping moment for the TKL camp. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Have to add another comment (sorry for edit)... TKL supporters, if you want to portray him as an attack dog, please ask him within the next few weeks to come out swinging. Lets see some blood on the street. Right now, its very very stale, very very bland. Here is the battleground for you.

Tony Tan (Pro-PAP dogs): sycophants, grassroot leaders, state owned media whores
Tan Cheng Bok (The middle ground): pig farmer stock, ah kong ah mah gang, basically your typical sinkies. They hope to recreate Ama Keng in the Istana, rear pigs and plant tapioca there.
Tan Kin Lian (anti-government): Doing a piss poor job of attracting opposition support. What we call a soft cock... cannot get the job done. Sad to see failed politicians getting on the bandwagon in hope of getting a spot on that "president council".

Last edited: