• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in Talks

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, don't be so gullible. Things like that are never discussed in the press. I am sure you know who the press is supporting unless you returned to Singapore only yesterday.

Both TCB and TJS have been keeping company for sometime now. You do not invite a member of the opposition to your VIP table of your professional organisation unless you have established some sort of relationship.

As I pointed out earlier , they are talking, they are working out what the best options are ? It can be any permutation but there is clear intention not to let the PAP get away clean. At the end of the day it could all 4 just to erode TT's vote share. Already some here pointed out that TCB can erode TT's share of PAP votes.

When I first revealed that Low Thia Khia was going to Aljunied and I was first in any forum to do so. I was told that it was not the case and the WP exco would not allow it. Its now bridge under the water.

In this came, you cannot be everywhere but you must know who to trust and there must be a trackwork. I rely on solid people and I am certainly not masquerading as the home phone in TCB home.

Any they are professionals, very sensible people and I am sure most of us will be shocked if they went into PE without talking about prospects and mutual opportunities. Its common sense.

Scroo, you talk cock again is it? On TV TJS and TCB both say they will contest. TCB say nobody contacted him to talk. Don't bluff us can?

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....common sense my foot.....
the allegation is serious.......it means that both tcb and tjs lack integrity and cannot be trusted.......period.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo, if TCB and TJS say they not talking then suddenly say they talking, you know what they are doing? They are sabo themself and tell the world they lie. The media will do first page and screw their backside deep deep and TT will fly high. I don't think TCB ad TJS will sabo themself like that.

Of coz I know who the media support. You watch TV you also know. TT get twice or more air time than any of the rest. TCB get the least air time and the most fucked up treatment. It is obvious who they are wanting to sabo the most, and who they are afraid of the most.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are tactics that used all over world and perfectly applicable. Note NTUC is not officially endorsing TT but they are doing in their private capacity and their members have been released from work to attend the nomination. Low Thia Kiang told everyone including Ramseth that he was staying put in Hougang.

Its a game of chess and you never show your hand.

This govt is devious and you cannot plain clean with them.

Scroo, if TCB and TJS say they not talking then suddenly say they talking, you know what they are doing? They are sabo themself and tell the world they lie. The media will do first page and screw their backside deep deep and TT will fly high. I don't think TCB ad TJS will sabo themself like that.

Of coz I know who the media support. You watch TV you also know. TT get twice or more air time than any of the rest. TCB get the least air time and the most fucked up treatment. It is obvious who they are wanting to sabo the most, and who they are afraid of the most.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the govt must have taken cognisance of their poor showing in the GE and not risk another thrashing from the disgruntled. I wont say the PEC has loosened up the criteria, but I think rather they have applied them loosely and pragmatically (famous PAP slogan) to deflect any aftershocks. You can say that the PAP has resorted to populist pressures to assuage and massage as much residual raw feelings as possible. Meantime, steal some time to think of the next move.

This time the PEC has really thrown people off the chair. But I think this time round they are facing an onslaught of candidates of rather heavy-weight standings and if were to use strict PE criteria to disqualify all (except TT), may have a problem of justifying each and every case without being seen as bias. And on top of that, I am thinking they might have thought that having the rest to dilute the non-TT votes could be a winning formula!

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...again big bull shit....
ltk has never gone on national TV or msm and said where he was going to stand in GE2011......until nomination day itself.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's good deduction and I was hard pressed to find an answer and its not in the clause. Interesting times, PAP going down the populist path.

I guess the govt must have taken cognisance of their poor showing in the GE and not risk another thrashing from the disgruntled. I wont say the PEC has loosened up the criteria, but I think rather they have applied them loosely and pragmatically (famous PAP slogan) to deflect any aftershocks. You can say that the PAP has resorted to populist pressures to assuage and massage as much residual raw feelings as possible. Meantime, steal some time to think of the next move.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's good deduction and I was hard pressed to find an answer and its not in the clause. Interesting times, PAP going down the populist path.

I think PEC now welcomes as many candies as possible, they'll qualify them as far as possible. This is good for TT. They can't qualify AK and the other old joker because they've disqualified them before.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. The shockwaves from GE made quite an impact. With a new breed of more educated and internet savvy electorate, they are facing a great challenge. Furthermore, with no prior precedence to draw experience from, they must be brooding in front of the drawing board. I hope TJS and TCB can come up with some surprise.

firefish

I share the same sentiments. The only way Singaporeans have hope is to galvanise all opposition votes into Tan Cheng Bock. Tan Jee Say no matter how strong the opposition or internet support is, cannot possibly win the PE. I think if he is realistic, he will know it. The only hope is to put his weight to support Tan Cheng Bock... hmm... this sounds like the American Presidential elections... gonna lose already, say you lose first then save your respect... and align with the winner!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, don't be so gullible. Things like that are never discussed in the press. I am sure you know who the press is supporting unless you returned to Singapore only yesterday.

Both TCB and TJS have been keeping company for sometime now. You do not invite a member of the opposition to your VIP table of your professional organisation unless you have established some sort of relationship.

As I pointed out earlier , they are talking, they are working out what the best options are ? It can be any permutation but there is clear intention not to let the PAP get away clean. At the end of the day it could all 4 just to erode TT's vote share. Already some here pointed out that TCB can erode TT's share of PAP votes.

When I first revealed that Low Thia Khia was going to Aljunied and I was first in any forum to do so. I was told that it was not the case and the WP exco would not allow it. Its now bridge under the water.

In this came, you cannot be everywhere but you must know who to trust and there must be a trackwork. I rely on solid people and I am certainly not masquerading as the home phone in TCB home.

Any they are professionals, very sensible people and I am sure most of us will be shocked if they went into PE without talking about prospects and mutual opportunities. Its common sense.

At the end of the day I don't think any one of them will step away, even if they talk. Getting the COE is the highest political honour in the land and I am sure it will tickle the egos of all. The only reason it will happen is the fear of losing deposit, but all four are rich and not afraid. Such avoidance of multi corners will happen only in the GE, where many opposition candidates would find $16000 a lot of money to lose.

jw5

Loyal
Better dun come up with a VP. Imagine our President CBL job scope has already stirred up a storm of debates and controversies, another VP post will most likely be seen as another bigger CBL post. :smile: Since TCB is older than TJS, maybe TCB will tell TJS that if he supports him for the run this round, next run he will reciprocate and lend TJS 100% support.

I prefer TCB to stay in the race than TJS for the following reasons:

1. TCB will have a better chance because he will take away some pap votes especially from the older less welloff.

2. Hope TJS will stand in GE 2016. If he becomes president, chances are almost zero. If he runs for president, also unlikely he will run in 2016.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
The outcome maybe that they all will run if it means that they won't get the presidency but it may lead to TT getting votes below 50% which would not reflect well on the establishment.

Yup, it will show the PAP grassroots is in a rebellious mood. TCB vs TT will show it even sharper. However, if TT struggles in with <50%, you, we, us and TCB, TJS would regret the lost opportunity. TJS vs TT, don't think TJS will get sympathy from PAP grassroots.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB entered the race to ensure there is no walkover. He succeed.

TJS entered coz he wanted to raise the profile of "Alternative" voices. He did and surprised everyone (including himself, I think) with him getting COE.

No comment on TKL.

Having achieved what they set out to do, will they come to some kind of agreement, for the good of Singaporeans?

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal know fuck shit lah. He said no way tjs can get coe. He also declared kwa geok choo to be dead 2 years before she actually died.

Now he come out with some cock story to try to save some face. He got some inside info which no one else hav u know.

at time he talk like opposit, the fact is, he is a sabo king ... plant by pap?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Originally Posted by coolguy:
[/FONT]
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]These latest 2 SDP candidates are fed by the PAP golden rice bowl.
Seems too good to be true that they are joining the opposition, some more
they choose to join SDP, PAP most hated enemy.
Something smells fishy here. Could they be PAP mole?[/FONT]
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

SIFU:

sure pap is wary of what csm can be/can do for oppo in general. u can see that character assaination of him started here liao. scroobal the fucker started a thread on this.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...196#post700196

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
PAP wayang IB :
ccb Scrooba

you can fool people 1 or 2 time, you cannot fools people all of the times.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the talks already failed because Scro revealed this info a few days before the candidates announced that they never spoke. If talks fail, the natural politician will say they never talked because otherwise it will look bad on them. I believe one talk is enough to settle things and if not, more talk is useless. This is not like GE where there are many permutatons in terms of candidates, constituencies and parties where more rounds of talks are needed. Only one candidate, one Singapore.

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each one take turn to be Pres while the other becomes Vice Pres...........
Or one become EP & quit halfway to make way for the other..............................ali baba style

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are tactics that used all over world and perfectly applicable. Note NTUC is not officially endorsing TT but they are doing in their private capacity and their members have been released from work to attend the nomination. Low Thia Kiang told everyone including Ramseth that he was staying put in Hougang.

Its a game of chess and you never show your hand.

This govt is devious and you cannot plain clean with them.

What is your agenda here to reveal their meeting then? To try to get some points at the cost of others?

You have said so many things, some zhun, some beh zhun. 50-50.