• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tales of the Istana thread

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

no more tales? old man seems more interested in touring the Marina Barrage looking at folks flying kites and having picnics there or what? :p
old man as of late is becoming boring. Let me try climbing over the Istana fence tonite and see if the 2 pricks are still at it. Hopefully something more interesting pops.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
old man as of late is becoming boring. Let me try climbing over the Istana fence tonite and see if the 2 pricks are still at it. Hopefully something more interesting pops.

Happy New Year, brother [scroobal]
and a Prosperous Lunar Chinese New Year.

Perhaps, you are joking that you are trying to climb over the Istana fence, because a well connected and infuential individual like you probably could walk into most of the facilities in SG.

Looking forward to your next episode. Cheers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year, brother [scroobal]
and a Prosperous Lunar Chinese New Year.

Perhaps, you are joking that you are trying to climb over the Istana fence, because a well connected and infuential individual like you probably could walk into most of the facilities in SG.

Looking forward to your next episode. Cheers!
Happy New Year and Kong Hee Fatt Choy as well.

Hope the Canadian winter has not been too cold. For some reason we are getting strong winds which has cooled Singapore since the start of the year. Its been the talk of the expat community here especially those living in the colonial bungalows as they designed to catch the winds.

After office hours, one must climb fence. Its getting to be hard work.

ps. can't seem to find an appropriate issue to launch the next epsidoe. These 2 clowns have been rather quiet lately. The family seem to be lying low as well and I suspect its due to the investments in the overseas MNC that have gone sour.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year and Kong Hee Fatt Choy as well.

Hope the Canadian winter has not been too cold. For some reason we are getting strong winds which has cooled Singapore since the start of the year. Its been the talk of the expat community here especially those living in the colonial bungalows as they designed to catch the winds.

After office hours, one must climb fence. Its getting to be hard work.

ps. can't seem to find an appropriate issue to launch the next epsidoe. These 2 clowns have been rather quiet lately. The family seem to be lying low as well and I suspect its due to the investments in the overseas MNC that have gone sour.

It has been a very cold winter. All of last week, we had arctic temperatures, with day time high of minus 10C or lower, and overnight low of minus 20C, excluding wind chill. Sunday afternoon of minus 4C, or rather minus 10C with wind chill, felt balmy. Next week not much warmer, continuing unusual cold. Would be great to travel to SG for Chinese New Year, to get some sun tan, Singaporean food, and meet old friends.

Unfortunately, I do not qualify to be a Presidential candidate, otherwise I may consider standing for it. Whenever you are in my city, please give me a shout, to meet for a meal and a few drinks. Cheers to a healthy and comfortable New Year.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been a very cold winter. All of last week, we had arctic temperatures, with day time high of minus 10C or lower, and overnight low of minus 20C, excluding wind chill. Sunday afternoon of minus 4C, or rather minus 10C with wind chill, felt balmy. Next week not much warmer, continuing unusual cold. Would be great to travel to SG for Chinese New Year, to get some sun tan, Singaporean food, and meet old friends.

Unfortunately, I do not qualify to be a Presidential candidate, otherwise I may consider standing for it. Whenever you are in my city, please give me a shout, to meet for a meal and a few drinks. Cheers to a healthy and comfortable New Year.

Wow, did not realise that it was that cold. Singapore now would offer a good respite in view of the unexpected windy conditions that is cooling the city.

As always, take care bro.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, did not realise that it was that cold. Singapore now would offer a good respite in view of the unexpected windy conditions that is cooling the city.

As always, take care bro.

It is not only freezing cold, but lots of snow. Last week, our children came home from school, and they said that if you claimed that it is freezing, then you are not a real Canadian. Inspite of the cold, and the City of Toronto's "Cold Alert" to get the homeless indoors, our children continue to play in the snow outside, and desire to "toboggan" (sled) down the hill at Riverdale Park and Withrow Park.

Went to the Royal Ontario Museum ("ROM") on Sunday afternoon to enjoy the free Chinese Orchestra (Chinese New Year music, songs and dance), Beijing Opera, lion dance, Chinese martial arts, etc.

Nowadays, even the big five Canadian Chartered Banks are cutting down, and in the last few years, several have eliminated their Chinese New Year cocktail party. Royal Bank of Canada used to have the best catered food, Bank of Montreal the best bar and drinks, CIBC average overall, but has the best souvenir, a specially commissioned aluminium sculpture of one of the 12 "Chinese animals." Last year, went to the only reception, CIBC's CNY reception, not at the head office, but at the ROM, but had to leave very early to attend some dinner discussion meeting with a judicial officer. I may attend CIBC's reception this year, if they are the only bank to hold one. Otherwise, inviting an old lawyer friend's family (we used to do volunteer work together) to a restaurant on one weekend, and one very learned, well connected, humble and generous couple, and their son's family (his father was very kind to my wife during her first summer in Toronto decades ago) to different Chinese restaurants.

What is your perspective of the so called financial crisis affecting the world?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not only freezing cold, but lots of snow. Last week, our children came home from school, and they said that if you claimed that it is freezing, then you are not a real Canadian. Inspite of the cold, and the City of Toronto's "Cold Alert" to get the homeless indoors, our children continue to play in the snow outside, and desire to "toboggan" (sled) down the hill at Riverdale Park and Withrow Park.

Went to the Royal Ontario Museum ("ROM") on Sunday afternoon to enjoy the free Chinese Orchestra (Chinese New Year music, songs and dance), Beijing Opera, lion dance, Chinese martial arts, etc.

Nowadays, even the big five Canadian Chartered Banks are cutting down, and in the last few years, several have eliminated their Chinese New Year cocktail party. Royal Bank of Canada used to have the best catered food, Bank of Montreal the best bar and drinks, CIBC average overall, but has the best souvenir, a specially commissioned aluminium sculpture of one of the 12 "Chinese animals." Last year, went to the only reception, CIBC's CNY reception, not at the head office, but at the ROM, but had to leave very early to attend some dinner discussion meeting with a judicial officer. I may attend CIBC's reception this year, if they are the only bank to hold one. Otherwise, inviting an old lawyer friend's family (we used to do volunteer work together) to a restaurant on one weekend, and one very learned, well connected, humble and generous couple, and their son's family (his father was very kind to my wife during her first summer in Toronto decades ago) to different Chinese restaurants.

What is your perspective of the so called financial crisis affecting the world?

Looks like lots of fun despite the cold. Not surprised by the banks which are all affected. They are now working out of a matrix on which business or industry to lend to as opposed to using just a business plan.

Here is my take on the financial crisis.

1) Inter-bank liquidity crunch is over. Central Banks and Feds have done a good job and and I can see inter-banking lending returning to normalcy. This was scariest piece and the only positive after a trying 6mths.

2) This is the start phase of recession that will be deep and unparalled. Layoffs will be unprecedented.

3) Countries such as Canada, Oz and such who are have a strong internal economies will not suffer as much as US, China, Singapore, UK and India that are pretty much heavily linked.

4) Might want to invest only in recession proof industries such as pharmaceuticals etc Sales and Revenue will drop for others and share prices will reflect this as the year goes by.

5) US Consumption spending and the oil price will be the barometers for this round..

The climatic winter might end soon but not the economic winter.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like lots of fun despite the cold. Not surprised by the banks which are all affected. They are now working out of a matrix on which business or industry to lend to as opposed to using just a business plan.

Here is my take on the financial crisis.

1) Inter-bank liquidity crunch is over. Central Banks and Feds have done a good job and and I can see inter-banking lending returning to normalcy. This was scariest piece and the only positive after a trying 6mths.

2) This is the start phase of recession that will be deep and unparalled. Layoffs will be unprecedented.

3) Countries such as Canada, Oz and such who are have a strong internal economies will not suffer as much as US, China, Singapore, UK and India that are pretty much heavily linked.

4) Might want to invest only in recession proof industries such as pharmaceuticals etc Sales and Revenue will drop for others and share prices will reflect this as the year goes by.

5) US Consumption spending and the oil price will be the barometers for this round..

The climatic winter might end soon but not the economic winter.

Thank you brother [scroobal] for your forthright and frank comments.

I believe that Canada may not be in as bad a shape as the USA, but as a natural resources based economy, the depressed demand and prices (as welll as the automobile sector) will also make the recession longer than the last one. In addition to your perspective, I believe that strong pharmaceuticals (PFE), utilities (SE), and a few of the better positioned Canadian Banks (RY and TD) are worth considering. I was planning to buy oil (SU) at C$20 when it was on its way from mid-20's, but I did not, and regret it as it has been around $26 recently.

Many of those in the same industry project that there should much insolvency work this year.

Have a good week. Perhaps, you may consider an episode on the Old Man chatting with the Prata Man, or lamenting about his daughter in law's possible losses.

What is your perspective on the paper losses vis-a-vis T Holdings and the SG sovereign funds?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of those in the same industry project that there should much insolvency work this year.

Can guarantee you that will be plenty of insovency and restructuring work.

What is your perspective on the paper losses vis-a-vis T Holdings and the SG sovereign funds?

Until transparency is lifted, nothing will be clear. Never has a CEO kept watch on a series of debacles of this magnitude like she has. The guys behind GSIC are better and so is the board. By the way, changes in mgmt team has been going on for the last few years in Temasek. Obviously scapegoats are a plenty.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can guarantee you that will be plenty of insovency and restructuring work.

Until transparency is lifted, nothing will be clear. Never has a CEO kept watch on a series of debacles of this magnitude like she has. The guys behind GSIC are better and so is the board. By the way, changes in mgmt team has been going on for the last few years in Temasek. Obviously scapegoats are a plenty.

Although I have worked several months after graduation, and accordingly have only a few hundred dollars in the CPF, I am concerned for those whose retirement depends substantially on their CPF, because it appears that that team of investment advisors and/or Directors of Investments, amy have weighted too much in financials, and invested too much (at too high, on hindsight) in financial institutions. That is one reason, amongst others, that a vibrant alternate voice in Parliament, etc. would act as a devil's advocate for the good and vibrancy of so called "democrazy" in SG.

Last night, I dreamed on the theme of oen of your episodes re: leaving a legacy of ....., and they will build a statue of him at the Padang. If those changes really happen, SG will flourish and achieve its golden age, which may result in the troops and all participants marching past with an eyes right in front of the said statue, after marching past the grandstand, or before proceeding to march past the grandstand.

By the way, I hope, this time, you have or will archive and/or compile your various Parts and Episodes into a book, for future publication. Please put me as a beneficiary or on the mailing list. This reminds me of the lost "Pop Songs" (a.k.a. perceived dirty songs) which we sang at the University of Singapore's Raffles Hall at then Nassim Road, Bukit Timah campus. One of my seniors managed to recall and compile it, and even sent it to many of us. Recently, he recorded it on MP3.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I have worked several months after graduation, and accordingly have only a few hundred dollars in the CPF, I am concerned for those whose retirement depends substantially on their CPF, because it appears that that team of investment advisors and/or Directors of Investments, amy have weighted too much in financials, and invested too much (at too high, on hindsight) in financial institutions. That is one reason, amongst others, that a vibrant alternate voice in Parliament, etc. would act as a devil's advocate for the good and vibrancy of so called "democrazy" in SG..

Unfortunately consumer protection, lack of industry ombudsman and serious consumer activism by knowledgeble individuals are lacking. People are getting fried. Even basic disclosure by financial consultants if they are receiving commission is lacking. .[/QUOTE]

Last night, I dreamed on the theme of oen of your episodes re: leaving a legacy of ....., and they will build a statue of him at the Padang. If those changes really happen, SG will flourish and achieve its golden age, which may result in the troops and all participants marching past with an eyes right in front of the said statue, after marching past the grandstand, or before proceeding to march past the grandstand..
Good one.

This reminds me of the lost "Pop Songs" (a.k.a. perceived dirty songs) which we sang at the University of Singapore's Raffles Hall at then Nassim Road, Bukit Timah campus. One of my seniors managed to recall and compile it, and even sent it to many of us. Recently, he recorded it on MP3.

I actually came across one about 20 years ago also from Raffles Hall and it was titled "In the toilet where I sit......" We called it Cultural Songs. The ladies hated it except for one who sang it with pure gusto. She went on to develop and lead the Gifted Program in Raffles Girls School. Thats unbridled talent for you. She got fed up with the Govt and migrated to NZ.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Episode 20 - 19 Jan 09

Behind Istana Guardhouse - 11.30pm, 22C, very windy, sound of palm fronds rustling. Strong smel of Teh Gayong in the air and the unmistakable smell of Prince Philip Ave Nasi Lemak.

Old Man: Bro, heard you from miles away. Heard your singing near hole 5. Why so happy?

Pres: Haven't you heard?

Old Man: Heard what?

Pres: the Reserves...... they are going to touch the reserves

Old man: And...............???????

Pres: Finally I am needed. Don't you get it. Its the only fucking thing that the office of President has that is of value. I am sick and tired of cutting ribbons, shaking hands, looking at pictures on the wall, going to events that makes boredom look trifle easy. Jesus!!! Its a miracle boss, Its a miracle.

Old Man: Its no big deal bro, don't have your hopes high. Its just signature you know. Did you look at today's Business Times. Even our resident prostitutes in SPH who are paid to make us look good had the lack of women board directors as the headline on page 1 while the "touching of reserves" was mentioned in page 4.

Pres: Ah Hah!. You are making assumption. A terrible assumption.

Old Man: You mean the prostitutes in SPH. Bro, I made them. Which low life will write slanted work for money. In fact they are worst than prostitutes.

Pres: Aiyah, not the SPH. You don't have to convince me. Remember I used to be the Chairman and what a brothel it was. Even the guys were sluts, every one of them.

Old Man: Than what? What assumption?

Pres: You are assuming that I will sign.

Old Man: What the fuck bro!. Are you crazy?

Pres: This is my show, my time and no one will steal the thunder.

Old Man: What are you talking about?

Pres: Boss, you have no idea what a joke this presidency has become. People are laughing at me and the office. How can there be no suitable candidate for this office. Why are good people walking away from this office.

Old Man: Are you sure? We are just very strict with criteria.

Pres: Just go to Sammyboy. They are calling me prata man, lazy and god knows what. Even my wife thinks that the office is a joke. Do you know the number of times I got whacked on the head with the ladle by her over this office.

Old Man: This is not the time to grow a brain. Don't you know we built an escape clause after what Teng Cheong did to us.

Pres: Yes, but the public will know that I refused to sign.

Old Man: You are not thinking rationally. The funds are needed to tide the country and the people over. This is not the time to think of yourself. Singaporeans will not forgive you.

Pres: Pleeez, you are talking about Singaporeans. The moment someone turns against the govt, they suddenly become heros. Look at Teng Cheong, look at Tan Kin Lian. You are talking about a bunch of sheep. You can screw a Singaporean for 30 years but the moment you go against the "great man", you become a hero.

Old Man: Do the right thing for your country and you will be remembered.

Pres: Don't give me that righteous bullshit. Just because I am overweight, wear my belt high does not mean that I am tweedledee. I am smarter than you think.

Old Man: I am lost. Completely out at sea. What the fuck are you talking about?

Pres: I will sign only if certain conditions are met.

Old Man: Name it.

Pres: I want an independent Inquiry into Temasek's investment and whether it contributed to the hole in the budget. I want the curtains to the shenigans drawn out.

Old Man: Done.

Pres: Wait a minute. Not the Wong Kan Seng's version of independent inquiry over Mas Selamat where his subordinate sat in on the inquiry.

Old Man: Hang on a minute you just cast aspersions on my daughter in law and now my cousin's husband. This is getting personal.

Pres: Boss, whats with you anyway. Why can't your family get a job like everyone else. Every mother fucker in your family wants to put his nose in the trough. Your family is no different to the Indians in the tea estate where every family member has job in the estate.

Old Man: You are pushing your luck bro.

Pres: Look Boss, I have nothing to lose. I have got all the money in the world thanks to the salary hikes but I can't use it for fuckall. I can't go massage, I can't cheong, I can't surf pornsites and even in sammyboy, I can't reply to the bastards who call me names.

Old Man: What do you mean, you can't surf pornsites.

Pres: It will appear on the bank statement what!. They know I am the president and my staff will know.

Old Man: What a cock. You should have asked me. When you are travelling overseas, pop down to the convenience store and buy a couple of Visa prepard credit cards.

Pres: Wahpiow! Now you tell me.

Old Man: Why you think, I have not been joining you here for so many nights.

Pres: Ok, here is the deal, pass me some of the prepaid cards and you get your signature. Of course, there has to be bit of drama where I will make some queries on the proposal paper, some verification of accounts etc.

Old Man: Don't worry, I will make you look good in front of the people.

Pres: No, not for the people. Its for my wife. I can't handle the abuse with the ladle anymore. The people know exactly what the presidency is all about.

Old Man: Ok now that the affairs of the state has been dealth with, can we pop over to Botak Jones for supper.

Pres: You mean the one at Somerset / Orchard Turn junction.

Old Man: Yes. you spring for the cab ride.

Pres: Jesus!. You are fucking out of touch.

Old Man: What do you mean?

Pres: They just firebombed Seng Han Tong. If they spot you, they will BBQ you. Even SIA can't help you. 2 cabbies, both 70 and its no coincidence.

Old Man: Maybe we skip supper and hit the porn site. Just bought 32 inch LCD for it.

Pres: No lah, Botak Jones is worth going for. Lets skateboard over there. Might even pickup a PRC mei mei or 2. I heard our immigration will let in even old grandmas and if mature MILF is your thing.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually came across one about 20 years ago also from Raffles Hall and it was titled "In the toilet where I sit......" We called it Cultural Songs. The ladies hated it except for one who sang it with pure gusto. She went on to develop and lead the Gifted Program in Raffles Girls School. Thats unbridled talent for you. She got fed up with the Govt and migrated to NZ.

Either pop songs or cultureal songs, depending on when you were at Raffles Hall. It appears that you and I are from Nassim Road.
During my time, there was one or probably two ladies who joined us in singing those songs. Those ladies are real talent, and unpretentious, rather than several of the "still water runs deep" apparently pious ones with the "VCF"

I saw your new episode, and will proceed to read it. Thank you, Playwright of the Year.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Pres: No lah, Botak Jones is worth going for. Lets skateboard over there. Might even pickup a PRC mei mei or 2. I heard our immigration will let in even old grandmas and if mature MILF is your thing.

bro,

updates!! updates!! :p:p:p

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh! You all must think I damn cheap right?

Smoking beedi behind the guardhouse?

Fact is the walking piece of lard always throw my fags away whenever she finds them.:(

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Hello brother [scroobal],
Patiently waiting for another episode from you.
Cheers.
formerly [Charlie9]

paging for bro scroobal, paging for bro scroobal :p:p:p

about time to start listening behind the istana walls once again :eek::eek::eek: