• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tag You For Fun :D:D:D

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion, you might want to try to become a vegan.
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

sammyboy.com/threads/dear-vegans-although-we-are-in-the-tiny-minority-youre-on-the-right-track-but.228274
sammyboy.com/threads/why-animal-protein-is-bad.227102
sammyboy.com/threads/why-milk-is-bad-for-you-and-your-bones-by-vivian-goldschmidt.226890

It's only the first two weeks that are very difficult:
sammyboy.com/posts/2430159
like a drug addict going:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey
After that, not only will your body feel healthier, you should also start to feel as if you had never eaten meat before, and literally forget why you used to like meat! :smile:

For beginners, it's probably best to replace meat with more fish/seafood and eggs (in order to consume enough protein) during the first few months... so that's just vegetarian, not vegan yet.
But such beginners should try to graduate to veganism (i.e. strict vegetarianism) as soon as possible, by replacing the fish/seafood and eggs with beans, grains and nuts. And add enough:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodised_salt
so that the food does not become too tasteless after cooking, and also to prevent:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine_deficiency
I usually also add ground pepper and Japanese shiitake (椎茸) mushrooms or the cheaper, but healthy enough, Chinese 香菇 (xiāng gū), either 冬菇 (dōng gū) or 花菇 (huā gū):
wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiitake
foodfacts.mercola.com/shiitake-mushrooms.html
to my soya bean (not tofu or tau kwa) soup for extra taste.
Everything bad in moderation, and everything good in excess.
Yes, compared to not eating any non-meat healthy food at all, you are increasing your chances of dying later rather than sooner (let's say 75, instead of 65). :smile:

But logically, compared to a vegan (i.e. strict/100% vegetarian, excluding even eggs, dairy products and any other animal product) diet most of the time (in my case, it's at least two-thirds or three-quarters of all my meals for the past decade) and not just a:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-vegetarian
diet (in my case, for the past decade, I have been including fish/seafood and/or eggs and/or dairy products in the remaining roughly one-quarter or one-third of all my meals), eating unhealthy food (mainly meat and sugary food) even "in moderation" (let's say one-third of all your meals) would significantly decrease your chances of dying even later; so instead of dying peacefully (i.e. probably because of a simple heart failure due to extreme old age) in your sleep in the comfort of your home and without any major illness at the ripe old age of 85 or even 95 or even over a 100:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_men
you might end up dying because of some major illness (usually cancer or heart disease) in the discomfort of a hospital at the not-so-ripe age of 75 or even earlier:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_(2015)

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, compared to not eating any non-meat healthy food at all, you are increasing your chances of dying later rather than sooner (let's say 75, instead of 65). :smile:

But logically, compared to a vegan (i.e. strict/100% vegetarian, excluding even eggs, dairy products and any other animal product) diet most of the time (in my case, it's at least two-thirds or three-quarters of all my meals for the past decade) and not just a:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-vegetarian
diet (in my case, for the past decade, I have been including fish/seafood and/or eggs and/or dairy products in the remaining roughly one-quarter or one-third of all my meals), eating unhealthy food (mainly meat and sugary food) even "in moderation" (let's say one-third of all your meals) would significantly decrease your chances of dying even later; so instead of dying peacefully (i.e. probably because of a simple heart failure due to extreme old age) in your sleep at home and without any major illness at the ripe old age of 85 or even 95 or even over a 100:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_men
you might die because of some major illness (usually cancer or heart disease) at the not-so-ripe age of 75 or even earlier:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy#List_by_the_World_Health_Organization_(2015)

Wow, that took me a while to process! But thanks for the insight. So if I understood you correctly, you're saying eating unhealthy food in moderation is also not advisable? I also appreciate the video links which I will get to later today. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Wow, that took me a while to process! But thanks for the insight. So if I understood you correctly, you're saying eating unhealthy food in moderation is also not advisable? I also appreciate the video links which I will get to later today. :biggrin:
@musashi is a disciplined chap. I doubt I can do it like him. I just tell myself to eat more vegetables everyday .. that's the best I can do. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
You are a chain smoker hor..No amount of vege will save you...Lol :biggrin:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
@musashi is a disciplined chap. I doubt I can do it like him. I just tell myself to eat more vegetables everyday .. that's the best I can do. :biggrin:
Actually, it's not too difficult to be disciplined enough to be a vegan, simply because the key thing is motivation, and the thing that motivates me is the fact that I simply hate the feeling of falling sick, especially if it's because of some preventable sickness (which would cause me to hate myself even more!
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
), as has happened when I was much younger (even though it was not life-threatening).

I also hate seeing certain members of my immediate and extended family contracting some serious disease, usually because of eating too much meat and sugary food, and usually starting from middle age onwards; but believe it or not, one of my cousins contracted Stage FOUR cancer when she was in her mid-teens, after being pampered for years by her parents with too much meat and sugary food; she manged to recover, probably because she was still very young and after taking a "gap year" shortly after she started her final (Secondary Four) year of secondary school, but that really scared the whole extended family! :eek:

By the way, many thanks for liking my second pro-vegan post, even though you did not like my first one:
sammyboy.com/posts/2732975
:p

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Jelly not Jerry! :rolleyes:

3B6LLL770B881B0C237F08lv.jpg

"Aunty, one ice jelly" and NOT "Aunty, one ice jerry" !!!

Really BTH sinkie when they talk! :biggrin:

Maybe the stall vendor should have given the customer an ice frozen Jerry can!!! Lol :biggrin:

213243m6_ts.jpg

Last edited: