• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swedha Rajaram & Imran Rahim Are Upset With Sinkie Chinks Who Calls An Apple An Apple. You Fucking Gambling Chinks Need Reeducation!!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Racism in Singapore, relevance of SAP schools among topics raised at dialogue on race

regardless-of-race---the-dialogue-on-sep-21--2019.jpg

By Tang See Kit @SeeKitCNA
21 Sep 2019 09:37PM (Updated: 21 Sep 2019 09:40PM)

SINGAPORE: Ms Swedha Rajaram was six years old when she heard a taxi driver telling her mother: “You know, I normally don’t pick up Indians. They are quite smelly. I didn’t know you all were Indians.”

Her mother turned “visibly upset” and told Ms Rajaram to speak in Mandarin.

“(It was) a language that my father insisted I learn because he thought it would be a useful skill. I spoke. The driver softened and he made conversation with only me for the rest of the ride,” recalled the Singaporean, who is now 23 and a final-year student at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

“That really shook me,” she added. “That would be the first time I questioned my place in Singapore.”

Ms Rajaram’s experience as a victim of racism was one of the stories shared candidly at a session called “Regardless of Race - The Dialogue” on Saturday (Sep 21).

Organised by OnePeople.sg – the national body promoting racial and religious harmony – in partnership with CNA and supported by inter-faith group Roses of Peace, the session is the first in a series that hopes to discuss race relations in Singapore.

About 130 people from different backgrounds attended the three-long dialogue.
OnePeople.sg's chairman Janil Puthucheary said while race is an issue that crops up constantly in Singapore, it is not easy to discuss.

“That line between meaningful engagement, being a little too sensitive, being appropriately sensitive, between finding something entertaining, engaging and offensive, is not prescribed. It’s not clear," he said.

“’Regardless of race’ is in our pledge … but it’s something that needs active work,” he added. “We want a series of dialogues and that’s what OnePeople.sg is hoping to kickstart today."

SPEAKING UP ON RACISM

For Ms Rajaram, that was not the last time she experienced racism.

Another was being told by her primary school friends that she would never become head prefect because she was Indian.

Constant questions about her nationality also leave her wondering.

“I can’t help but compare this to my Chinese friends who never get asked the same question. They automatically assume they are from Singapore, whereas I am from India,” said Ms Rajaram, who was part of a four-member panel leading the discussions.

Another panellist, Mr Imran Rahim, recalled being told that he spoke well for a Malay. Being in an inter-racial relationship, the 31-year-old lawyer has also been asked if he is “going to get married at a void-deck”.

While those who spoke acknowledged that these comments may sometimes be non-malicious or meant as “jokes”, some wondered if such remarks should not have been made in the first place.

“Overt racism generally is frowned upon so people are careful about it, but we are talking about the kind of casual, seemingly inoffensive type of comments. It doesn’t seem offensive to the majority, but there’s something to be said about highlighting someone’s physical or cultural characteristic and turning that into a caricature or mockery,” said 32-year-old Sadhana Rai.

“It may appear as a joke, but perhaps that comment shouldn’t even be made at all.”

In such instances, members of the minority groups should be allowed to feel that they can speak up, even against seemingly “light-hearted jokes”, said Ms Rajaram.
Members of the Chinese majority can also do their part.

“Because it may not always be easy for a Malay or Indian person who may be made to feel like they are too sensitive and they cannot take the joke,” she added. “So when you’re in that position of privilege, use it to help others.”

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...schools-discussed-onepeople-dialogue-11930444

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Organised by OnePeople.sg – the national body promoting racial and religious harmony – in partnership with CNA and supported by inter-faith group Roses of Peace, the session is the first in a
KNN during the session they should just discuss openly and honestly about all races KNN by not being open and honest they will not be able to promote racial harmony at the end of the day KNN which means just admit most indian are smelly etc KNN whenever possible conduct onsite experiment to prove the point KNN talk no use KNN e.g. find a vetted non racial person and lock him/her in a enclose space with a indian to see the outcome KNN

Last edited:

grumpyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahneh stink stink but when people say they stink they accuse people of racist but never ask themselves why they smell and insist they have a right to be smelly and other people cannot comment they stink and have poor hygiene knnbccb this type of self rigteous scum also got pcb fuck them dead dead

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Chinese smell just as bad because they eat too much pork.

The best smelling are the Burmese.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese smell just as bad because they eat too much pork.

The best smelling are the Burmese.
KNN this is not true becas amdk also say chinese smells like pork but they like to fuck Chinese woman KNN whereas not many people like to fuck smelly desi KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pigs smell nicer than chinese men.
On the other hand, the scent of indian men repels chinese men, but attract their nice looking sexy porcelain skin horny ladies and made them wet just breathing

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Being only 6 years old and subjected so such racism in a taxi must have been a traumatic experience for Swedha Rajaram. I completely disagree with the taxi driver for assuming all Indians are smelly. There are some sweet smelling Indian out there as a matter of fact when I saw Swedha’s photo in her public image I am sure she is sweet smelling

E22FBF2F-F530-4498-A257-E2E3DA26751F.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sinkees need to unite to get rid of the Ah Tiong, Ah Nehs and Pinoys here.

I cannot agree with you 100% because some are really good and talented

What we as Singaporeans should do is to petition strongly to the PAP government to have a “CECA” type agreement with China and The Philippines so that talented Chinese and Filipinos comes bringing their talents with them to contribute to our nation like what talented Indians had done to our society and economy.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being only 6 years old and subjected so such racism in a taxi must have been a traumatic experience for Swedha Rajaram. I completely disagree with the taxi driver for assuming all Indians are smelly. There are some sweet smelling Indian out there as a matter of fact when I saw Swedha’s photo in her public image I am sure she is sweet smelling

View attachment 64968
Look like those Indians near the eastern border, u know sandwiched between banglasland and Burma.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

What we as Singaporeans should do is to petition strongly to the PAP government to have a “CECA” type agreement with China and The Philippines so that talented Chinese and Filipinos comes bringing their talents with them to contribute to our nation like what talented Indians had done to our society and economy.
U overestimate the appeal of working in Singapore. Often short and unrewarding careers, unlike the infinite optimism and untapped growth in their home country. Mediocrity is destined for sinkland. :cool:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Sounds legit. Why PAP so pro Indian. Only sign CECA with India but NOT Cheena and Peenoy land... Discrimination! :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Petitions are useless. A totalitarian 'ownself check ownself' government will continue to do whatever it pleases.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
But all those so called racist comments mentioned above are facts based on empirical evidence....if these are facts then they cannot be classified as racist.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Malays wedding at void deck. Stereotype comment. We also have it at CC and hotels too lah.

https://muslimdelights.com/
http://www.lagun-sari.com.sg/
My full Chinese uncle also had his wedding at void deck when i was a young boy. Nothing shameful about it. The people who think that there is something wrong should have their heads examined. In fact, I love attending Malay weddings...The food always shiok shiok sedap :biggrin: