• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Subway Singapore stops serving pork at all outlets

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Reminds me of when a bunch of Malaysian Chinese were planning a CNY gathering. As they wanted to invite their Malaysian Malay friends to the event we were all told no pork dishes.

So no bak kwa. No char siew.

Seemed ridiculous to me. It is a CNY event! But must cater to Muslim? Malaysians are used to this bend over and accommodate crap for their Malay masters.

After that I never go for any of these events.

I don't go to an event outside my culture which I am invited to and expect them to change what they usually have on their menu because of my preferences. I am not some VIP. And even if I was it is me who should respect their culture and practices since I am invited to their gathering.

Whoami what You wrote is very telling of how your culture regards the inter religious inter ethnic interactions. Host is supposed to cater for guests and bend backwards. Strange to me but acceptable to you Muslims.

No wonder there is conflict.

Similarly many many years back we were told off by a Muslim couple sitting many tables away that they were offended by us feeding our 1 year old daughter home cooked porridge at Swensens and demanded we stop or go outside the restaurant to feed her.

Just the sight of a 1 year old eating non halal food makes Malay offended. How awful. Religion of peace my ass!

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of when a bunch of Malaysian Chinese were planning a CNY gathering. As they wanted to invite their Malaysian Malay friends to the event we were all told no pork dishes.

So no bak kwa. No char siew.

Seemed ridiculous to me. It is a CNY event! But must cater to Muslim? Malaysians are used to this bend over and accommodate crap for their Malay masters.

After that I never go for any of these events.

I don't go to an event outside my culture which I am invited to and expect them to change what they usually have on their menu because of my preferences. I am not some VIP. And even if I was it is me who should respect their culture and practices since I am invited to their gathering.

Whoami what You wrote is very telling of how your culture regards the inter religious inter ethnic interactions. Host is supposed to cater for guests and bend backwards. Strange to me but acceptable to you Muslims.

No wonder there is conflict.

Similarly many many years back we were told off by a Muslim couple sitting many tables away that they were offended by us feeding our 1 year old daughter home cooked porridge at Swensens and demanded we stop or go outside the restaurant to feed her.

Just the sight of a 1 year old eating non halal food makes Malay offended. How awful. Religion of peace my ass!
Tat is why I have reduced my patronage of m&d food..eat less mee Soto..n roti John...n I don't go to restaurant that serves halal versions of other countries cuisine..for example Japanese Halal cuisine. Or Chinese halal food. Sick n tired of unending m&d demands..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dont find it strange. Nobody is forcing u to cater to guests need. Nobody is stopping u from catering to host need. U have ur culture. I have mine. And likewise if my host have pork in the menu i would also politely turn down the invitation.:smile:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont find it strange. Nobody is forcing u to cater to guests need. Nobody is stopping u from catering to host need. U have ur culture. I have mine. And likewise if my host have pork in the menu i would also politely turn down the invitation.:smile:
in all fairness, your host is mighty insensitive and stupid to invite you if there's babi on the menu, unless if it's an office gathering or a wedding where halal food is catered - then you'll be the one who's insensitive and bodoh sombong.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in all fairness, your host is mighty insensitive and stupid to invite you if there's babi on the menu, unless if it's an office gathering or a wedding where halal food is catered - then you'll be the one who's insensitive and bodoh sombong.

Ehh...bodoh sotong. I have no problem dining with frds at hawker centres or Office functions. They can order pigs if they cant live without it. I wont die without taking pork.:rolleyes:

As for my host i am very sure they wont invite me if they serve pork. Cos they may have budget.:rolleyes:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

So do you support this halal certification policy or not?

Yeah talk big. Your religion and culture is the only one that has this halal policy where you Force any food establishment (host) that wants your business and patronage to change their entire menu to suit YOU Muslims and exclude all other people's food choices.

You say you would go to a host and politely decline pork. Well then tell your religious leaders to stop this Halal certification process. Muslims can go to Subways McDonalds (hosts) and politely decline to order food that contain items they do not want meanwhile letting others enjoy ham and pork.

Walk the talk!

To say things like you will not due if you don't eat pork is a misdirection on your practice that you will die if you do eat pork (purely faith based)

People who have major anaphylactic reactions don't go insisting entire food establishments exclude a food item for their sake thus forcing everyone else to forgo their choice.

How selfish is Islam? How intrusive is the religion that it seeks to force others to comply by their beliefs?

Islam is not a religion of peace. As I have shared before when we feed our 1 year old daughter home cooked chicken porridge at Swensens this offended a Muslim family sitting 3 tables away. WTF!

Islam is allowed to legally violate other people's rights in the name of religion. No other group is allowed anything close.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a matter of courtesy, I do not expect people whom I visit to cater to my religion, inclination & what I eat or drink...I accept on what is offered & just politely decline, those I do not or cannot have. I do not expect my hosts to bend over to accommodate, that is the respect, we have for one another.
What if the host gives you women?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ehh...bodoh sotong. I have no problem dining with frds at hawker centres or Office functions. They can order pigs if they cant live without it. I wont die without taking pork.:rolleyes:
As for my host i am very sure they wont invite me if they serve pork. Cos they may have budget.:rolleyes:
nothing to do with budget lah, kotek. your host can always offer a choice and get halal makan for you - afterall, how much can it cost if you're a worthy invitee? the question here is whether you politely turn down an invitation just coz there pork on the menu and your host doesn't cater to your halal needs :confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Subway is making a business decision that they believe will increase their revenue. They reckon that this move will add more customers than they will lose because they know the chinks will bitch about it but will still patronise their outlets.

However if the chinks cans show that they are united in opposing this decision and launch an effective boycott then I can guarantee that Subway will reverse its decision very quickly.

Knowing how chinks and singkies in general behave I'm not holding my breath.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So do you support this halal certification policy or not?

Yeah talk big. Your religion and culture is the only one that has this halal policy where you Force any food establishment (host) that wants your business and patronage to change their entire menu to suit YOU Muslims and exclude all other people's food choices..

U r really kotek. Did MUIS force those restaurant to sell non halal food? Its the Muslims choice to eat halal food. Muslims can do without Subway. Believe me.

Do u know why to date Bangawan Solo still not applying Halal cert? So did MUIS force them to go Halal? Use ur otak lah bodoh. The way u post macam mentality of a 6 yr old child.

Btw sotong, of course i support restaurants serving halal food. More choice for us mah. Wat a bodoh question.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing to do with budget lah, kotek. your host can always offer a choice and get halal makan for you - afterall, how much can it cost if you're a worthy invitee? the question here is whether you politely turn down an invitation just coz there pork on the menu and your host doesn't cater to your halal needs :confused:

Kotek. Tats wat i been telling u. We dont tink is a hassle to prepare special dish without beef for our buddhist guest. We dont expect them to recipocrate by preparing halal food for us on their function. We did it sincerely dengan ihklas hati.

Yup. I would turn down their invitation if they serve pork. Just like ur 7mth celebration.

However i would attend friends and neighbour cheena funeral wake though they do serve pork. But most of the time they know we are muslims and they will bring us to a separate table. We will just help ourselves to some kwa chee and packet drinks.This is a sad occasion and a final good bye to the dead. My respect to the dead.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subway is making a business decision that they believe will increase their revenue. They reckon that this move will add more customers than they will lose because they know the chinks will bitch about it but will still patronise their outlets.

However if the chinks cans show that they are united in opposing this decision and launch an effective boycott then I can guarantee that Subway will reverse its decision very quickly.

Knowing how chinks and singkies in general behave I'm not holding my breath.

Yup. All the cheenas should unite and support Subway 24/7. I am very sure they will not beg for halal cert. And we wont have Sinkies cheena kpkb here. Like as though subway being held under a knife and force to go Halal. Sighhh.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really dont understand this particular cheena race. Restaurants having halal cert also they kpkb. Like as though teres no pork available elsewhere. Wats the problem with this race? But i tink only a very very very small fraction of cheena behaving such. Cos whenever i Q up for Malay food, i will notice Cheena joining the Q too. They will Q for mee rebus, meesiam, satay. I mean they can always go the non halal stall right? At teh tarik restaurant also the same. Why so many Cheena there? Maybe all those Cheena are Muslims.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
exactly why i'm quoting and highlighting what you cakap in your above post - and for the 2nd time. you really degil and bodoh sombong....
Kotek. Tats wat i been telling u. We dont tink is a hassle to prepare special dish without beef for our buddhist guest. We dont expect them to recipocrate by preparing halal food for us on their function. We did it sincerely dengan ihklas hati.

Yup. I would turn down their invitation if they serve pork. Just like ur 7mth celebration.

However i would attend friends and neighbour cheena funeral wake though they do serve pork. But most of the time they know we are muslims and they will bring us to a separate table. We will just help ourselves to some kwa chee and packet drinks.This is a sad occasion and a final good bye to the dead. My respect to the dead.
konek engkau, so now you admit to attending certain events when invited, regardless if pork is served - and that's what i've been saying all along!
as i said, your host will be sensible enuff to cater halal makan if you're a worthy invitee and when you've (politely) accepted the invitation. don't play the victim card as nobody is forcing you to attend but don't say the reason you'll not attend kerana /sebab babi is served - your notion of tatatertib notwithstanding.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Muslims all have the same sense of entitlement.

I rest my case.

It is no surprise that the vast majority of Malays in Singapore are low income low SES. You guys all DESERVE to be where you are.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
exactly why i'm quoting and highlighting what you cakap in your above post - and for the 2nd time. you really degil and bodoh sombong....

konek engkau, so now you admit to attending certain events when invited, regardless if pork is served - and that's what i've been saying all along!
as i said, your host will be sensible enuff to cater halal makan if you're a worthy invitee and when you've (politely) accepted the invitation. don't play the victim card as nobody is forcing you to attend but don't say the reason you'll not attend kerana /sebab babi is served - your notion of tatatertib notwithstanding.

Wat bodoh sombong? Very simple incase u dont ustand. If is a sad occasion, i will try to attend if time permit. If occasion like 7th mth, to me is not important. Faham? So u dont play the victim card and put it such a way tat Muslims "demand" host must prepare halal food. Just like how u always play the victim and accuse us of putting a knife under subway throat and force them to go halal? Lu otak kana scan tau sotong.

Ehh kotek jiuhukia. Anything wrong if i am not interested to attend certain event? Why should i attend 7th mth ghost festival? U go ask the xtians and the jews to attend lah. Open ur kotek eyes again. At no time we Muslims demand host must prepare halal food. If fact we go the extra mile to prepare vege or non beef food for our Buddhist/taoist neighbours cos we are not demanding. Anything wrong if we Muslims make the first move to cater for our guest liking? Betul tak kotek?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muslims all have the same sense of entitlement.

I rest my case.

It is no surprise that the vast majority of Malays in Singapore are low income low SES. You guys all DESERVE to be where you are.

Which cave u crawl out from ya?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got pork no pork makes no difference to me. subway is like the last resort if i run out of ideas on what to eat.

maybe subway just wanna make more business from the halal consumers.