• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Subway Singapore stops serving pork at all outlets

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
5554c202e2e5d4079a92937f45722441

A Subway outlet in Singapore (Photo: Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore)
Subway Singapore stops serving pork at all outlets

Subway Singapore has started the process to get Halal certification, the sandwich chain said on Wednesday (21 March), adding that all restaurants in Singapore would stop serving pork on the same day.

In a Facebook post, Subway said that all of its restaurants in Singapore will serve only “non-pork protein” beginning 21 March 2018.

The post has gone viral since with over 400 shares online.
The US-based chain had previously announced in February it was planning to obtain Halal certification for its restaurants in Singapore.

Since 2 February, 60 of Subway’s outlets on the island had already stopped selling pork, although the company noted on its Facebook page that these outlets did not have Halal certification yet.

It added that further details would be posted on its Facebook page at a later date.

Follow Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Facebook.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • Rajasundram 4 hrs ago
    How about no-beef to satisfy the Hindu customers?
  • Rajasundram 4 hrs ago
    How about no-beef to satisfy the Hindu customers?
    • ML 4 hrs ago
      I am not a racist, but I want to say that a lot of restaurants after turning into Halal, the taste and the quality of the food turn bad.
      • Kelvin 4 hrs ago
        Why didnt Subway stop serving Beef for Buddhists & Indians???
        • chiang tee 5 hrs ago
          What the heck ! Why only cater and satisfy the religion that don't eat pork. There are many more people here eat pork. This contravene our secular society. My family and me will not patronised subway anymore. What a disgusting way of thinking !
          • Trevor 5 hrs ago
            Seems a strange way to promote equality and inclusiveness by legislating exclusivity by favoring one ethnic/religious group's interests over all the others!
            • Indianmalaychinese 3 hrs ago
              To all Babi Eaters, pls don't boycott Subway. Pls boycott the Muslim stalls. The lunch time queue is way too long cause it's filled with pork Eaters. I know the halal food are tasty but pls, go eat Babi. 4/5 stalls are babilicious so pls boycott the halal stalls.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Subway is not serving pork anymore because most of their customers don't buy pork sandwiches anyway. So, losing the pork lovers business is not a big issue. There are lots of korean bbqs that serve pork because they've tapped into a demand for bbq pork that Seoul Garden does not provide. And from the looks of it, the pork serving korean bbqs have taken a huge market share from Seoul Gardens.

If you want Subway to serve pork again, then make them feel the pain of losing your business. It boils down to simple economics.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyoh. Favouring one ethnic group? Ehh...John Tan, whos complaining now? Not Mat ya.

SW must have notice alot of malays love to patronise SW at Johore mah. So it makes business sense to cater to Malay Muslims in Spore branch too lah. U tink we Mats so free to complain to garment to force SW to serve halal food?:rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyoh. Favouring one ethnic group? Ehh...John Tan, whos complaining now? Not Mat ya.

SW must have notice alot of malays love to patronise SW at Johore mah. So it makes business sense to cater to Malay Muslims in Spore branch too lah. U tink we Mats so free to complain to garment to force SW to serve halal food?:rolleyes:

I don't eat subway. I find that their food is bad.

But yes, m&ds are so free to complain about halal food. I notice a trend that in recent years, m&ds are getting more sensitive about halal. Even in my grassroots, there have been cases of muslims demanding that everyone be served halal food simply because one of the attendees is muslim.

Are you aware that Sikhs cannot eat halal food as it is against their religion? But the m&d usually doesn't care. He only cares that his own religious needs are taken care of.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But yes, m&ds are so free to complain about halal food. I notice a trend that in recent years, m&ds are getting more sensitive about halal. Even in my grassroots, there have been cases of muslims demanding that everyone be served halal food simply because one of the attendees is muslim.

Are you aware that Sikhs cannot eat halal food as it is against their religion? But the m&d usually doesn't care. He only cares that his own religious needs are taken care of.

Nonsense. When come Hari Raya my wife always prepare rendang chicken and mutton cos we know our neighbours are buddhist. So we Muslims do care.

Even in jembutan or Muslims wedding, we cater food for Cheena who dont take beef

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serve vegetarian food the best.everybody can eat and enjoy.potato curry puff, mushroom pie, bruschetta, mcd vegetable pattie burger......

kelton65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I find Subway to be expensive and not filling. Sandwiches are food that are perceived to be easily prepared at home and I think many Singaporeans find it is not worth it to spend more than $6 for a simple sandwich. Subway is just expanding their consumer base.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Those who do not eat pork do not know they are missing out big time. Crispy or braised pork knuckles, pulled pork burger, bak kut teh etc. I would encourage everyone from all beliefs to try pork. Oh, and fuck Subway. Never liked or believed their Eat Fresh bs anyway. I make my own sub sandwiches.
crispy-roasted-pork-leg-knuckle-schweinshaxe-recipe.jpg

75498b8402b16bb5e22bfb80e69499b8.jpg

porkknuckles-58a320d971830.jpg

pulled-pork-burger.jpg

Klang-Bak-Kut-Teh-singapore-10.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nonsense. When come Hari Raya my wife always prepare rendang chicken and mutton cos we know our neighbours are buddhist. So we Muslims do care.

Even in jembutan or Muslims wedding, we cater food for Cheena who dont take beef

As a matter of courtesy, I do not expect people whom I visit to cater to my religion, inclination & what I eat or drink...I accept on what is offered & just politely decline, those I do not or cannot have. I do not expect my hosts to bend over to accommodate, that is the respect, we have for one another.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a matter of courtesy, I do not expect people whom I visit to cater to my religion, inclination & what I eat or drink...I accept on what is offered & just politely decline, those I do not or cannot have. I do not expect my hosts to bend over to accommodate, that is the respect, we have for one another.

Very good point.