• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Stupid Old Fart Damaged New Chair At Teck Ghee Square Hawker Center! Town Council Investigating!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tumblr_m5v9ikykt51qkh2c6o1_1280.jpg

Looks like the older/vintage/pre-upgraded hawker centre seats were more sturdy, eh? :biggrin:

Similar story for most other things in Sinkieland: HDB, MRT etc. One step forward, two steps back. :poop:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How much does screw cost? Screws also wanna cheat and cut corners. PAP contractors really boleh! Lol :biggrin:

Exactly. Screw minuscule cost. That’s why I often feel shy tell people I’m screw salesman it’s bloody low end cheap product unlike people selling electronics, financial products, property etc etc

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. Screw minuscule cost. That’s why I often feel shy tell people I’m screw salesman it’s bloody low end cheap product unlike people selling electronics, financial products, property etc etc
Don't joke lah. U just underappreciated. Good quality screws are important. U seen the results for bad screws...ppl die. It's just bs bosses like to scrimp and save money on essentials...that is why disaster happens....this broken chair is a good example

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If it's a low end cheap product why is there a need for a traveling salesman to peddle the stuff?

I have never had to deal with a screw salesman other than an OKT who sells more expensive screws.

I just go to the hardware store and help myself. If I need advice on what sort of screw I ask the staff and they drive toyota corollas not Lexus.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's a low end cheap product why is there a need for a traveling salesman to peddle the stuff?

I have never had to deal with a screw salesman other than an OKT who sells more expensive screws.

I just go to the hardware store and help myself. If I need advice on what sort of screw I ask the staff and they drive toyota corollas not Lexus.
Joetys might be selling the high end screws on the side. The low end screws is just a cover for the high end screws. Have to keep the Vice squad off his tail. N to give him a benefit of a doubt. He is doing B to B. If not where to the hardware stores get their screws from? And he is yr moderator...so u should know him better than all of us

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Joetys might be selling the high end screws on the side. The low end screws is just a cover for the high end screws. Have to keep the Vice squad off his tail. N to give him a benefit of a doubt. He is doing B to B. If not where to the hardware stores get their screws from? And he is yr moderator...so u should know him better than all of us

I do not pry into the private lives of the moderators. I know as much as you do possibly a bit less.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

You don't sell cheap screws lah. You sell real expensive screws like the ones below...Lol :biggrin:

Most Expensive: Pagani Huayra Bolt Set-Autofluence.com
blog.dupontregistry.com

Horacio-Pagani-with-bolt.JPG-680x951.jpg
Horacio Pagani with one of the famous bolts. (Source: MotorTrend)
For an everyday repairman, bolts are a dime a dozen. They are used in construction and repairs every day, and are pretty darn cheap. One quick look on Amazon.com shows a 347pc set of steel bolts and washer selling for $10.80. What a bargain, right? So, now that you know the price of a 347pc set of steel bolts, how much do you think a single Pagani Huayra bolt costs? Mind you, there are 1,400 bolts throughout the entire car as well.
First, you have to consider that each of them are handcrafted from grade-7 titanium, and every single one of them has the Pagani logo etched on them. Horacio Pagani went to extreme lengths to make sure every component of this hypercar was of the highest quality, even down to the nuts and bolts.
infographic-pagani-huayra-bolts.jpg
So lets look at the facts; each bolt is worth $80 (8 times more than a 347pc set of steel bolts) and the car is assembled with 1,400 bolts. That means that the cost of the entire bolt set used in the Pagani Huayra comes out to a staggering $112,000. Yes, you read that correctly. For the same price of the Huayra’s bolt set, you could buy a used .
Related Posts

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't sell cheap screws lah. You sell real expensive screws like the ones below...Lol :biggrin:

blog.dupontregistry.com

For an everyday repairman, bolts are a dime a dozen. They are used in construction and repairs every day, and are pretty darn cheap. One quick look on Amazon.com shows a 347pc set of steel bolts and washer selling for $10.80. What a bargain, right? So, now that you know the price of a 347pc set of steel bolts, how much do you think a single Pagani Huayra bolt costs? Mind you, there are 1,400 bolts throughout the entire car as well.
First, you have to consider that each of them are handcrafted from grade-7 titanium, and every single one of them has the Pagani logo etched on them. Horacio Pagani went to extreme lengths to make sure every component of this hypercar was of the highest quality, even down to the nuts and bolts.
So lets look at the facts; each bolt is worth $80 (8 times more than a 347pc set of steel bolts) and the car is assembled with 1,400 bolts. That means that the cost of the entire bolt set used in the Pagani Huayra comes out to a staggering $112,000. Yes, you read that correctly. For the same price of the Huayra’s bolt set, you could buy a used .
Related Posts
Now I know why ah Joe is such a rich man

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Thai boss buy for me.

Anyway boos please be aware of the sealants and adhesives used your home
hanor, bestest advice so far - seal the hole with a rock-hard rod and adhere the walls of the membrane together with the resultant adhesive, priceless! :whistling:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemme guess... glue is cheaper than screws? :wink:

tsovc0e.jpg
screws are also cheap. but, the labor and time required to screw contribute to the cost. overall, it's easier and cheaper for substandard contractor to simply brush glue over the flat surface and stick seat on it. with screws, counter-sunk screws are required with chamfer in holes, thus more work. they need to be flushed with the seat surface. otherwise, can tear uncle pants and auntie panties.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
post-65056-0-99883100-1559614841_thumb.jpeg

After reviewing this photo I believe that the seat where the accident happened has screws on it if not no one will sit on it. There must be some other explanation.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 59240

After reviewing this photo I believe that the seat where the accident happened has screws on it if not no one will sit on it. There must be some other explanation.
kakpoh - not a good wat of adhering these, as there are some other places where the seats are screwed from the underside - the above are shredders of squeaky bums after few times of tightening it that'll result in sharp grooves in the slotted drive :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

blog.dupontregistry.com

Related Posts

You don't know the difference between a screw and a bolt. :rolleyes:

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will this be flagged as fake news and a correction sought? The uncle removed the screws and deliberately hurt his head so as to keng MC from work? Please do not blame my highest paid PM in the world. He might not even see there is a food centre there from his ivory tower. Long live PAP, huat ahhhhhh!
20190419_135729.gif