• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stunning relevation about $500,000 GIC housing loan in Ong Seh Hong's testimony

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"From the horse's own mouth Bro"

Sorry, not as updated as you
I edited my reply:

A bit generous in my opinion
now we need to know if it was interest bearing
All this should have been disclosed to the PAP
Taking a bit of time to provide clarification aren't they?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yes...but Ong's flip flop, defensive and self serving attitude thus far already raises questions about his character:wink:

Yes he is an impressive PAP specimen isn't he!?
I'll know what to do if he runs in my ward at the next GE
BUT no one has established that he is as guilty as Ren Ci's primary characters
He isn't helping himself with his attitude!
Wonder which Snr PAPie was supposed to be his mentor?
Better do some mentoring now!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

Ok Mindef MHA, MOH and half the civil service offers low cost housing loans of the sort taken up by Dr Ong at GIC. Its not a purely corporate practice but a wide spread civil service practice and if Ren Ci wants to offer it as a charitable org then again why the bloody hell not ?

Locke

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

Ok Mindef MHA, MOH and half the civil service offers low cost housing loans of the sort taken up by Dr Ong at GIC. Its not a purely corporate practice but a wide spread civil service practice and if Ren Ci wants to offer it as a charitable org then again why the bloody hell not ?

Locke

Hi Locke

It's pretty popular around the private sector
I've got one myself (a simple loan X basis points below the mkt)
It seems quite an important incentive in a place like singapore

cheers

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. He twisted my words.

Locke was extending the logic of your argument
loan = deprive money for charitable activities (temp until repaid)
salary = deprive money permanently but you get services rendered in return
alternatively the staff can volunteer to work for free = maybe all they need is hugs and kisses

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
"My goodness! Do you understand the meaning of handshake? Both parties are responsible. How can u push the blame to Ren Ci alone?"

Is there any indication that Ong had any ex ante knowledge that the CEO cum Monk didn't have the proper authority to make that offer? An offer that is common practice for snr mgt positions.

Is there any indication that Ong had any ex poste knowledge that something improper had transpired? (prior to the CAD investigation)

Is it reasonable to expect a person appointed to a clinical position to be able to detect accounting irregularities on the part of his CEO?

I think you need to establish the facts before you start crucifying some one. Guilt by hearsay & supposition? Is that your modus operandi? Personally, I'll wait for clarification before branding Ong as guilty as Ren Ci. It is already significant that the CAD hasn't brought Ong into the picture.

"Example : If someone bribed you, & you accepted the money, can you say the problem lies with their person, & not you b'cos you are on the other side of the handshake. Pls be clear-minded. Black is black & white is white. Black cannot be white & vice versa."

So why isn't Ong being charged along with the Ren Ci characters?
Please do explain that to me with your CLEAR MIND.

Obviously, you still have an UNCLEAR mind.

If you look at my previous post, did I say he did something illegal?

As for the example, it is to illustrate the MEANING of handshake to you. I did not said there is bribery in Ren Ci case.

Don't twist my words & start to draw your own assumption & conclusion.

If you still want to carry on arguing, it will only put your MP Ong on the radar screen more often. By posting more, you are putting him in the limelight & exposing him to more comments, views & criticism. One week later, this thread will still have the highest hit rate, & then more attention will be drawn towards this thread. In other words, you are doing him more harm than good.

I hope you understand my good intention. :smile:

Last edited:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke was extending the logic of your argument
loan = deprive money for charitable activities (temp until repaid)
salary = deprive money permanently but you get services rendered in return
alternatively the staff can volunteer to work for free = maybe all they need is hugs and kisses

His extension, not mine.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifirio

Locke

If I don't know any better, I would think your account in this forum had been hacked by myo539 and the SDP lover cass888! Why the resolve to whitewash him?:biggrin:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear John

Then if he deserves to be paid as you have stated,then that 60,000 loan becomes part of his compensation or a sign on bonus. Suffice it to say nothing wrong with him accepting the loan as compensation, nothing wrong with Ren Ci offering it, however if the paperwork was improper with regards to Ren Ci its head and its board , then the fault lies with them and not the dear old doctor.

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Hakka

Because accusations without basis in fact and fairness , lower the discussions especially on issues whereby the PAP has a serious case to answer.

Locke

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand. But you need to as well because we are dealing with a member of the Untouchable Immortals. So in the first place fairness is not applicable.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Obviously, you still have an UNCLEAR mind."

My mind is very CLEAR. Can't say the same for yours

"If you look at my previous post, did I say he did something illegal?"

Let's look at your post:

<< My goodness! Do you understand the meaning of handshake? Both parties are responsible. How can u push the blame to Ren Ci alone? >>

You allude to some wrongdoing on Ong's part. Furthermore, you allude to the fact that Ong is as responsible as Ren Ci's people. Since Ren Ci's chaps are in the dock, it is reasonable to assume that you find Ong guilty of some improper behaviour.

Those are your words, CLEAR as daylight.

"As for the example, it is to illustrate the MEANING of handshake to you. I did not said there is bribery in Ren Ci case."

Again let's look at your post:

<< Example : If someone bribed you, & you accepted the money, can you say the problem lies with their person, & not you b'cos you are on the other side of the handshake. Pls be clear-minded. Black is black & white is white. Black cannot be white & vice versa. >>

Again, you allude to some shared responsibility for the person on the receiving end of such a transaction. Since Ren Ci's characters are charged with a crime, your words imply some shared responsibility on the part of Ong.

"Don't twist my words & start to draw your own assumption & conclusion."

I draw my conclusions from the natural meaning and implications of what you wrote. If you meant to convey something else, then you should express yourself CLEARLY. Write what you mean and mean what you write.

"If you still want to carry on arguing"

No need to argue
there is no convincing you
so you have your opinion and I have mine

"it will only put your MP Ong on the radar screen more often.....In other words, you are doing him more harm."

He is not my MP
I won't vote for him anyway
He is doing enough harm to himself with his defensive attitude and less than sincere efforts.
However, even the worst of us deserve to have the facts established first, before being accused of wrongdoing

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chap Ong appears to be a typical PAP specimen 'created' by Harry...self serving, think they are the best when in fact they are quite average and mediocre, know how to wayang but keep things legal although morally and ethically maybe suspect.

Yes he is an impressive PAP specimen isn't he!?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chap Ong appears to be a typical PAP specimen 'created' by Harry...self serving, think they are the best when in fact they are quite average and mediocre, know how to wayang but keep things legal although morally and ethically maybe suspect.

Sad isn't it
I just came back to Singapore last year
takes a while to adjust my expectations

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ren Ci being a public charitable org puts a different complexion on the matter...to me civil service and public charity are not similar...sorry but that is the perception at least...to remedy such a complexity I think the charity in question needs to be transparent and accountable when dealing with such matters...was this the case in Ong's matter?...I do not know...hopefully Ong shall reply to TOC's letter with full sincere disclosure.
Dear Porifirio

Locke